-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks gentlemen. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just thought I'd pass along the sad news.

MallardAddict - I can't wait to see the pics of the boys when they receive the rifle and gear!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Praying for that soldier & his family (and will continue to do so. You stay safe!

Mallard, that's a great pile of gear, and thank you Paul for getting it all started.

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Here is a quick pic of the loot pile guys. Please excuse me using my entryway as my den is a mess due to us not having finished moving in yet. These kids are so well set up due to the generosity of all of you.

In the picture under the ear muffs and behind the loading manuals there is a larger cardboard box, it doesnt show in the picture but that is a full NIB Lee Challenger kit sent to me direct from Cableas by TBaker.

More pics to follow upon delivery to the boys.

[Linked Image]

It's Happy Campfire Day!!!

That made my day. Christmas in April! Way to go guys!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Matt,
Any luck getting the stuff into the kids hands?

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paul,

Me and there mither havent been able to line up a day until this week and Coy is gone for a leadership trip for school. Schedules should line up for me to deliver next Sunday so expect pictures and a full report by Monday afternoon.

Sorry for the delay guys work has been hectic

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Can't wait. I'm looking forward to hearing about it!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SigSauer 522 .22lr is in route to Alaska! Timothy should have it in hand sometime next week.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by FOsteology
SigSauer 522 .22lr is in route to Alaska! Timothy should have it in hand sometime next week.

Where's the happy dance emoticon at? cool I want to be the one to surprise him with it, so it won't be next week, but I'll be home on leave in not much longer than that. I take him with me all the time to the little gun shop it's being sent too, so he won't suspect a thing until I put it in his hands. I'll be ready with my camera, and I'll post the pic here for ya'll!

I can't thank you enough FOsteology, and also MurphysLaw for the ammo fund! I'll have Timothy write up a thank you and post it here as well. He's gonna be one happy kid!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It just occurred to me that I haven't told ya'll much about Timothy yet. One of my favorite ways to pass the time is bragging on my kids, and this seems like the perfect excuse, so pour your favorite beverage, grab your reading glasses and whatever you do, don't try to hold your breath while you read this. wink

Timothy is the oldest of five, and my only boy. He's a very gentlemanly brother to his four sisters, and an excellent protector. I recall a story my wife told me when I was in basic training back in '05. Timothy was just 6 at the time, and my wife had taken him and his two (at the time) sisters to a McDonald's for lunch. Timothy and Sarah, who was four, had been playing in the playground, and Timothy had returned to the table for another chicken nugget when Sarah started crying from up inside the playground. My wife said Timothy stopped mid - bite and without hesitating, sprinted up into the playground, where he found some impatient boys trying to push Sarah down the slide so they could have a turn. Timothy's shrill voice was heard throughout the restaurant: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!?!" I had a smile on my face the rest of the day, even while doing pushups in the mud. grin

All of our kids are home-schooled, and Timothy consistently scores above average in every subject. His reading comprehension is probably higher than most high-school grads. He is kind - hearted, always putting his sisters first, and he often spends his meager allowance on gifts for others. He has a brilliant mechanical mind, often building things with his legos far more complex than the pictures on the box they came in.

I figured with all those girls in the house, I might need a little help at times when the boys inevitably come a-callin, so I put him in karate lessons a few years ago. He now holds a first degree black belt, and is currently working toward his second degree. cool

He loves shooting, and he's a natural marksman. He's accounted for an impressive amount of small game, and of all the times he's shot at an animal, he has yet to miss. His favorite gun is his Mossberg Youth model 505 pump-action .410. Something tells me that one is about to come in second though. wink

Most importantly of all, Timothy loves God, and lives his young life by His example. I'm pretty proud of my boy - I bet you couldn't tell.

Last edited by AlaskanMatt; 04/12/12.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonderful story Matt and thanks for telling it!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks Matt, for telling us all about Timothy--he definitely sounds like a fine young man, and you have good reason to be proud! As you remarked before, there are a lot of similarities with my nephew James, too--oldest boy in a big family with a lot of girls, home-schooled, really bright, Godly, etc. (Can you tell I'm proud of my nephew, too laugh)

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great story Matt, all the more reason he deserves that rifle. Said it before and will say it again. That boy has likely gone through hell sharing his Pappa and having him gone fighting for our freedom yet still puts his head down and plugs away at what must be done with little complaint.

You have every damn right to be proud of that boy and anyone who isn't/ wouldnt be is messed up in the head.

Glad to see he is getting some campfire love along with his Pappa. Youve done well on many counts sir.

Speaking of which it looks like that 6 position stock will accommodate a single point sling. Thing is I have a nice damn near new Tactical Tailor single point that needs a home. Be damn glad to send it to your boy via a box with your name on it so as to not spoil the surprise.

Pm me an address and i can ship tomorrow

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks fellas, MA - Very nice, thank you! That will make it much easier for Timothy to carry the SIG while he and I are out snowshoeing my favorite rabbit trail next winter. I can almost taste my wife's rabbit chili already!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sling will go out Priority mail in the AM. Looking at the pic Fosteology posted I'm lot sure it will attach as is normal on the M4 stock but I'm sure you and him can find a way to mount it up. It's a great sling I have 3 on rifles, i just swapped my fourth carbine to a Viking Tactics 2 point.

Need to dig around as I may have a cheapie red dot around too but not sure

Last edited by MallardAddict; 04/12/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slings in the mail. USPS says it should arrive your AO Monday 04/16

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank you!! My wife will set it aside to be given to Timothy when I get home and pick up his rifle. cool

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
It just occurred to me that I haven't told ya'll much about Timothy yet. One of my favorite ways to pass the time is bragging on my kids, and this seems like the perfect excuse, so pour your favorite beverage, grab your reading glasses and whatever you do, don't try to hold your breath while you read this. wink

Timothy is the oldest of five, and my only boy. He's a very gentlemanly brother to his four sisters, and an excellent protector. I recall a story my wife told me when I was in basic training back in '05. Timothy was just 6 at the time, and my wife had taken him and his two (at the time) sisters to a McDonald's for lunch. Timothy and Sarah, who was four, had been playing in the playground, and Timothy had returned to the table for another chicken nugget when Sarah started crying from up inside the playground. My wife said Timothy stopped mid - bite and without hesitating, sprinted up into the playground, where he found some impatient boys trying to push Sarah down the slide so they could have a turn. Timothy's shrill voice was heard throughout the restaurant: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!?!" I had a smile on my face the rest of the day, even while doing pushups in the mud. grin

All of our kids are home-schooled, and Timothy consistently scores above average in every subject. His reading comprehension is probably higher than most high-school grads. He is kind - hearted, always putting his sisters first, and he often spends his meager allowance on gifts for others. He has a brilliant mechanical mind, often building things with his legos far more complex than the pictures on the box they came in.

I figured with all those girls in the house, I might need a little help at times when the boys inevitably come a-callin, so I put him in karate lessons a few years ago. He now holds a first degree black belt, and is currently working toward his second degree. cool

He loves shooting, and he's a natural marksman. He's accounted for an impressive amount of small game, and of all the times he's shot at an animal, he has yet to miss. His favorite gun is his Mossberg Youth model 505 pump-action .410. Something tells me that one is about to come in second though. wink

Most importantly of all, Timothy loves God, and lives his young life by His example. I'm pretty proud of my boy - I bet you couldn't tell.

Matt,

children are a product of the environment that they grow up in...despite the pride you may feel in your son, take a few moments and think of the pride your son feels in his dad.....

just as deserving as his dad feels in his son...

just thought you should think about both halves of the equation...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1. Kids are definitely a product of their environment and Timothy definitely has a great father in his life providing solid examples of what it take to be a man.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I appreciate the vote of confidence guys! Honestly though, my wife deserves more of the credit at this point than I do. She's been there day after day, being mother, and trying to figure out how to also be father to the kids, while I've been gone roughly four of the last seven years, factoring in three deployments and multiple training blocks away from home. I've heard it said the toughest job in the army is being an army wife. I'd have to agree.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yeah growing up as a military dependent, I can attest to that...

ain't easy on the kids either...

I can attest to that one also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (1lesfox, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 219DW, 007FJ, 16 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,705
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.