Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Flyfast Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Guy's ban should be permanent, not indefinite. Asking his team to take out guys' ACL's, headhunt guys with concussions, take out ankles, and rubbing his fingers together, offering cash to do it.

And that QB with the "big eyes" made his defense pay for it. Idiot.

Murphy was an optimist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Throw the BOOK at him! mad

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sportsmanship at its highest level.

1Minute
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He's not likely to be happy that someone with more sense than he has/had made a recording.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It's all about money. Surprise, surprise.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Everyone knew, that's how he always coached. He came from the Buddy Ryan defensive coach school. The defensive game plan "Try to kill the quarterback". I would venture a guess, that had they not beat Farve up in the NFC Final the Vikings would have won that game. I told my sons before the game, "Greg Williams is gonna have the defense take cheap shots at Farve all day because at Farve's age it's doubtful he can take it." I was amazed during the game at the lack of flags. I was never a big Farve fan, but he is one of the toughest to ever play the position. New Orleans would never have been in that Super Bowl without the dirty pay and they know it.

Greg Williams, Sean Payton, and their whole crew should be banned for life. Pete Rose got banned from MLB for gambling, who did he hurt? Then to hear Drew Breese saw he knew nothing about it. What a liar. There's no secrets in a locker room, come on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Put a mike in the locker room of any NFL team and listen to the coordinator psych up the defense....then get back to me.

Favre shouldn't have been in the game if he couldn't play. If he got late hit or cheap shotted, then he should get 15 yards for it. And he did. That's the game. You can't priss in as an overage primadonna and say "King's X"...you can't hit me.

That said, Williams won't work again in the NFL.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know that Mickey Andrews, the long time defense coordinator of the FSU football team under Saint Bobby Bowden was just as guilty for coaching head hunting, and asking for player injuries.
Before the 1996 FSU/UF game, he coached his guys to take our QB out of the game, and his boys were guilty of several over the top hits.
We got even in the National Championship game though, with that 52-20 stomping of the half azzed U semi holes. laugh

point is, that coaching to hurt the other team has always gone on in both college and pro football.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Put a mike in the locker room of any NFL team and listen to the coordinator psych up the defense....then get back to me.

Favre shouldn't have been in the game if he couldn't play. If he got late hit or cheap shotted, then he should get 15 yards for it. And he did. That's the game. You can't priss in as an overage primadonna and say "King's X"...you can't hit me.

That said, Williams won't work again in the NFL.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you are okay with football being played like this?

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I know that Mickey Andrews, the long time defense coordinator of the FSU football team under Saint Bobby Bowden was just as guilty for coaching head hunting, and asking for player injuries.
Before the 1996 FSU/UF game, he coached his guys to take our QB out of the game, and his boys were guilty of several over the top hits.
We got even in the National Championship game though, with that 52-20 stomping of the half azzed U semi holes. laugh

point is, that coaching to hurt the other team has always gone on in both college and pro football.

Yeah, and you know what would take care of that? Get called on one cheap shot and your second ends your career, then we could see football played, not "warfare" and kill the head and take out the ACL.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree.. they tell them to hit hard and follow through. Take away the heart oif another team.. Much easier to win. It goes on at all levels. Maybe not with the $$..

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They already get paid to hit people. What's a few bucks more? Intentionally, trying to wreck another man's livelyhood is no joke though and for that they should be and were punished.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 243WSSM

Why doesn't it surprise me that you are okay with football being played like this? [/quote]

football doesn't care what I think, just pointing out the obvious.

pretty sure you California girls only play it with flags anyway, so you're probably safe.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hope he never gets another chance to coach in the NFL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember way back, Buddy Ryan had a bounty on the kicker for the Dallas Cowboys. The kicker would kick off and run as hard as he could for the sidelines, before somebody took a cheap shot at him. No public outcry then. I forget which kicker and google was not my friend. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This went way beyond what is the norm in locker rooms. I have a couple of buddies that are ex-NFL players. They were shocked too. Payton's suspension should be two years and Greg Williams should be fined $1,000,000+ and banned forever.

There will be lawsuits because of this- just one guy needs to come forward and say that they ruined his career and the whole bloody lot of them will be toast. To be put on notice that this cannot happen again and to go right out and do it in the face of this should be enough. Wouldn't even bother me to see all those coached who were in on it banned for life.

The players who accepted it need some suspensions too. I don't mind the hard hits, in fact, I love them but to target an ACL or a head- that is plain stupid.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Williams will be lucky to escape criminal prosecution.

I don't know know offering cash to someone so they'd injure someone else - specifically ACL's, ankles and concussions isn't solicitation to battery but I'm sure someone else will correct me.

I'd be fine (ignoring salary cap issues) with offering money for great performance. Keep a guy under 60 yards rushing, more than 2 INTs etc but that's not what this was.

Day before a play off game and Williams isn't talking X and O gameplan - he's talking about incentives to injure and maim.

I suspect he'll never coach again in the NFL and the fact the Rams haven't fired him yet - says quite a bit about that organization and Jeff Fisher too.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you all think every team in the NFL isn't doing this well there must be inteligence somewhere else in your family one would hope.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe PLAYERS on teams have offered cash to other players for specific things amongst themselves. I KNOW the Packers were doing that not so long ago, NFL said stop so they did. Suggs admitted it too on the Ravens.

What I DON'T believe is happening with other teams are 2 time felons not on the staff sending money to the coaches to pay for specific INJURIES against specific players, not performance plays. I DON'T believe other teams have coaches dumb enough to keep the emails showing this on their systems right after they denied it happening to the investigators. I DON'T believe that other teams have coaches adding money to that pot. I DON'T believe that other teams have coaches continuing to facilitate the program after they were told outright that the NFL was investigating. I DON'T believe other teams have coaches dumb enough LIE, repeatedly, to the NFL about it - right up until 2 weeks before the story broke. I don't believe other teams have coaches dumb enough to get all that on tape.

That's the difference.

Me

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
If you all think every team in the NFL isn't doing this well there must be inteligence somewhere else in your family one would hope.

If you will read the statements coming out, it is pretty clear this is not widespread practice. We have violent players stating that they are shocked by this and have never seen such behavior. The NFL told them to stop, put them on notice and they did it in their face. This tape shows that Williams went way beyond a pep talk.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.