-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not for me. This is for My Pastor who has Parkinsons Disease and is the founding Pastor of our non traditional and non denominational church. He would like to get his 12 year old Daughters nice Corsican Ram stuffed for her. This Ram was her first big game animal ever killed, and IIRC her first kill of any sort of animal. Our own JJ Hack was the official guide for her adventure and I was the assistant guide, skinner, and photographer on the trip. He and of course his daughter just cannot afford the local "Artieste" Taxidemists and really do not need that level of work as there is nothing that can be done to make an old Corsican Ram look like anything more than an old Corsican Ram smile

Are there any National Discount taxidermists that you guys and gals know of? I made sure that the animal was properly caped and is in Pastors Freezer. MRS Pastor would REALLY LOVE for the old Corsican Ram to be somewhere else! SOON! <G>

Thanks all,

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 04/06/12.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What about a nearby taxidermy "school"? Just throwing ideas around at 1am but maybe.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think Sammo and Deflave and Ingwe have a thing for stuffing sheep and, well, sheeplike creatures. Heck, they might even pay YOU!

You might try getting a bidding war going twixt them? One of them Montana dating services could probably set it up.

Just remember the story of free milk and the cow, and don't let any them sumbitches near it without cash up front.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is JeffO being helpfull...

LOL

As for the ram - I think, the school idea has merit. Either that, or find a taxi willing to give an appreantise a shot for a discount.

Over here - you can get a lot of services on the cheap.

Haircuts, even crowns for your teeth...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My brother has a friend who is an amateur taxidermist--he does it just for fun. (To each his own!) Not even just hunted animals. I know on at least one occasion a friend called him and said, "hey, dude, do you have a stuffed fox? I just saw one get hit, and it's still fresh!" He drove out there, grabbed it, and stuffed it. grin How funny is that? Most of them end up in his classroom (he's a high-school teacher), but not necessarily. I'll PM you about this, but I'll see what I can find out. Especially if he's never stuffed (taxidermed?) a Corsican Ram before. He's not a pro, but you never know--maybe it could work out?!?

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks everyone! If the Brother in MD idea does not work out, the taxidermy school idea sounds like a winner. Much appreciated!

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I used a cheap taxidermast once. My black bear rug came back looking much like a dog. Cost me more to get it fixed than paying someone good to do it right the first time.....

Good luck in your search - trophys are a great hunt reminder

Last edited by Dan_H; 04/07/12.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Whenever cheap & taxidermy are mentioned in the same sentence I'm reminded of these links in my "Funny" file.

http://voiceofamarillo.com/worst-taxidermy-ever-photos/

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/g...-photos-facebook?photo=4#node-1001347124

DK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deer_Killer
Whenever cheap & taxidermy are mentioned in the same sentence I'm reminded of these links in my "Funny" file.

http://voiceofamarillo.com/worst-taxidermy-ever-photos/

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/g...-photos-facebook?photo=4#node-1001347124

DK

plus 1
European mount comes to mind.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,411
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.