Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
I got a speeding ticket one time trying to get to my turkey spot before daylight. Hurrying turned out to be counter productive.

That's it.
Same here but luckily the officer was a hunter and let me go with a warning

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn near did, came out of the woods early one evening, had to catch a flight later that night and was standing beside my pickup along a county dirt road, was waitin' for my bud to come out of the woods so we could leave.

Loaded rifle leaning against the tire while I was loading my pack and climber in the truck bed, low and behold a GW pulled up and ask if that rifle was loaded, I said yes sir it is, he says, you road hunting? I said no sir, he said you mean to tell me if a buck stepped out down there on that road and I wasnt here you wouldnt shoot?

I said yes sir i would, he said that just "EXACTLY" what I was hoping you'd say grin, now get that rifle unloaded and put up, yes sir i said with a smile, and he drove on.

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Got a ticket one time for shooting a buck on "posted" land. I never saw a single sign, the GW and the rancher were very friendly and my map showed it as BLM land, not private. Sure was not happy about it and the judge cut me a lot of slack when we talked so nothing came of it but still wasn't right.

"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bluesman

Just after Labor Day my family was all together for a picnic on our family farm. Most of us were in the swimming pool when it started thundering and raining. We all looked confused and befuddeled because there were no clouds. Turned out it was four city boys hunting our POSTED field where we let the colts run; the thunder was them shooting doves, the rain was their #8 falling in the pool.. My brother got the barn gun (an ancient Iver Johnson single barrel 16 gauge and a handful of #8s that we used to knock down doves for dinner and started to sneak around the barn. I knew his temper and stopped him before it got nasty. I asked my mom to call the local cops who knew us all since we were tiny tykes and took the shotgun and calmly held what turned out to be a local aldertman and his friend the Superior Court Judge at gunpoint. The ticket was for restraining a legally licensed hunter. Still hangs in the den in a cheap frame. It is good for a laugh on Labor Day.

Great Memories!

Terry

You left out part of the story - did the trespassers get tickets?

Jim

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have got no tickets, but have got harassed by a short, little and full of himself 'little man with big man complex' fish game officer who was just being himself while I was leaving a stand past dark one night. The ignat was just bound and determined to prove or find ANYTHING that I was in the wrong with. He could not find a darned thing.

Have got some heat and then an argument from a buddies renter of a house once because I had permmision to hunt the 80 acre property and the the person knew it. The dumb shmuck told my buddy thinking he was in the right. the rumor was The rent went threw the roof or the dumb [bleep] got evicted. I Never did ask to find out.

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member
IC B2

H
H
just speeding tickets on the way there!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Came close once. Killed two deer in Colorado, about 3-4 miles south of the WY border, then ran them to the processor in Baggs, which is just a couple miles inside Wyoming.

As I drove into Baggs a police car was parked in the middle of the road, lights flashing. I stopped and was directed to pull into a usually empty lot that was now swarming with Colorado DOW officers who were checking out everyone that drove through town in a truck.

The DOW didn't bother me as I'd done everything right - signed and detached the carcass tags on the kill then attached them to the carc... oops..

It was a hot day and in my haste to get the deer to the processor I forgot to tag the carcasses before transporting them in the truck. When I pulled into the inspection area I immediately told the officers about my mistake and showed them the signed and detached tags, which were still in my pocket. I had to explain the situation a couple times but I guess they were looking for bigger violations. They made me tag the carcasses before driving the remaining 3 or so blocks to the processor. At the processor another DOW officer checked me out and I got stopped by two more officers as I left town.

2012 will be my 31st year elk hunting and while I�ve often talked to officers and had to show my licenses, I�ve never seen so many DOW officers in one location before.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I got busted for fishing stream trout prior to the season.

It was opening day in about 1985 and me and my buddy hit the water about 8 AM. Trouble was, the season didn't start until 10 AM.(dumb rule) It was hidden in the regs somewhere but we just assumed it opened at sunrise. We were young and stupid.

I guess the moral of the story is to never assume. I think it cost us about $30 bucks each. lol

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I've never gotten a ticket while hunting or fishing, but one incident really has stuck with me. I was stopped at a game check by a GW who tried to shake me down everyway he could imagine. I had moved back to MT from CO and was renting from my brother. He was convinced I was in state illegally (hunting as a resident). He lied and accused me of everything short of raping his sister. He made up a story that he remembered writing me a ticket I didn't pay, so he ran my info. Then he lied and said I had "quite a record", trying to get info from me. Of course there was none. I told him when he was done with his "investigation" as he promised would occur, he knew where to find me for the apology he owed me. Never heard from him again. Brian G-something was his name, still look for him at game checks. I've never trusted them since.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a F&G officer bound and determined to find something while duck hunting the Malheur National Wildlife refuge years back. He tried to play dumb on limits on pintails and the such hoping my brother or I would say something incriminating. He got real serious when he asked to check our plugged guns and I told him my gun didn't have a plug...I could see I was making his day right there. That quickly changed when I pulled an old SxS out of the case..oops. Then the magnet came out to check the shells with a little excitement following...he was a little suspicious of my bismuth loads. I asked if I would get reimbursed if he had to cut open a shell...he didn't see the humor in that. Hey, I was a college student and money was tight.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Back in high school, one typically wet fall morning up in Yakutat, Alaska two buddies and myself went out for a duck hunt. At the end of our hunt we were loading back up into an old jeep of one of the other boy's father. The one and only State Trooper in thousands of square miles drives up on us and proceeded to question our activities. We all knew each other as everyone did and he was known to be a fair and honest man. All being in good humor we explained we were just out for some ducks which of course prompted him to ask to see our hunting licenses. Well, being the brainiacs we were, we knew we had him beat. In unison we spoke up declaring we didn't need no hunting licenses beings we're all under 16! Well, he promptly asked who was driving then, pointing at the jeep? Up went two fingers toward the other, "he did!" Wrote him up a minor ticket for illegal use of an off-highway vehicle or some such deal. Our buddy took it pretty hard as he was a good boy. We should'a just stuck to our three-wheelers, that'd been ok. We could ride them everywhere, except the three mile stretch of pavement between town and the airport, but full size rigs were a nogo, and we had known that all along as he certainly did... He let us drive home, just said to be extra careful. Pretty sure it was another duck free morning - we all had 3" mag 12 gauges with full choked barrels loaded with no. 2s or 4s and we usually set up no more than about 10 yards from where the teal would scream past flying low at Mach II over a little salt water slough... Damm those were good times, wish we'd had some mentoring in the field as we were usually more hell on wheels than hunting...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 264mag, 31 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,489
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.