Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
After reading numerous opinions across several different forums I decided to get a CZ 453 in 22LR. I had considered the new variation, the 455, as well as, tricking out a 10/22 I had lying around. Verdict is in. This thing is absolute pure satisfaction. Couldn't be happier with my decision. The overall fit and finish of the little guy screams quality. The set trigger function is a must have in my opinion and totally worth the added expense. After adjustment, by me, I have the set trigger breaking cleanly at 8-9 ounces and the "regular" trigger breaking cleanly at 24 ounces. I have probably 2000 rounds down it now and I can tell you that accuracy is nothing short of amazing. I've spent a fair amount of coin testing it with a number of different brands of ammo and Standard Velocity CCI is the best bang for the buck. It'll shoot a 10 shot group into less than a dime at 50yards all day long and they cost 25$ for a brick of 500. Wolf match does the same but at more than double the expense. When people approach me at the local range and ask what I'm shooting I tell em "Its a CZ and I can shoot the nuts off a squirrel at 50 yards easy". They laugh and think I'm joking but it is certainly no joke!

So if anyone out there is in the market for a new 22 LR you, in my opinion, can do no better for the money than the CZ. I feel as though they are very much under priced for what you get.

Attached Images
cz1.jpg (40.17 KB, 656 downloads)
cz2.jpg (38.42 KB, 452 downloads)
cz3.jpg (42.14 KB, 724 downloads)
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the CZ452 American, and if you ever run into Aguila SE standard velocity, get it, a bunch of it. Excellent accuracy and price.

CZ rimfires are a super deal, and I can't think of a reason to spend more for an accurate .22, except for cosmetics.

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry those pictures came out like crap using my iphone.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
From what I can tell it looks like you recieved a nice stick of wood with it, Congratulations.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I have a CZ 453 Varmint and love the little rifle. It shoots everything really well. Wolf Match and extra are super. But you are right about the cheaper ammo and the squirrel at 50 yds. Little CZ shoots right up there with my buddies Rem 40x and Anshutz esp at 50 yds. I think the Annie and the 40X shoot a little better at 100 though. For the money not much better. Pretty rifles also.

IC B2

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Welcome to the CZ clan.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just in case anyone was wondering, that CCI standard velocity can be had at Dick's sporting goods for 25$/500. Tremendous value.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 452 training rifle, I've never sat down and tested loads through it per-se, but the cheap bulk ammo that I have been running down it is boringly accurate for plinking. I probably should figure out what it likes best so I can take it after tree rats like I had planned to use it for.

A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life.

The King of Battle!

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For hunting purposes I'm gonna probably use HP mini mags. They shoot really well also and they have less drop at distance.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Got the same rifle -- CZ453 American, and although I have never castrated any squirrels with it, I can tell you that it will cut the staples out of the target at 25 yards. (With Federal Bulk Pack ammo). Love mine. I don't use the set trigger. The regular one is that good.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For range use off bags the set trigger is damn sexy.

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just dropped the CZ off at Clarence Hammonds to have him bed it. Probably a complete waste of money but I can't help myself!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I just sold my 455...put it in the mail about 15 minutes ago.
Gonna keep the 452 in .17 Mach 2 though.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

MM,

I hope it was not due to the way that 455 shooting.. Last time you mentioned it, the thing was a tack driver..

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

MM,

I hope it was not due to the way that 455 shooting.. Last time you mentioned it, the thing was a tack driver..

No..it was shooting just fine...the HMR was a little much for the grays...The Mach 2 isn't much better, but it doesn't cost as much to shoot either. On top of that, I came across a deal for some Rokon parts I want for my current build, & needed the extra cash. For .22's I'm gonna stick with the handguns.
I just recently received a SR 22 from a good friend & my Ruger MK III shoots better than I can.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have been shooting a CZ 452 heavy barrel for about eight years now. I love it. It's one of my favorite small game rifles. CZ really makes a nice product.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Doesn't get any better than a CZ.....

452 17" threaded....one of the best .22s I have ever owned and I've owned a bunch....

[Linked Image]

Remington 550 bulk packs from Walmart...

[Linked Image]

This was 5 rounds from a friend's 452 Varmint with worked over trigger and 36 power scope...smallest group I've ever shot with any rifle....

[Linked Image]

I then went out and bought my own Varmint but found a 453 on GunBroker for less money...

[Linked Image]

Great guns...now to find a 452 Varmint in .22 Magnum before they are all gone...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have a CZ453 Varmint .22 rimfire model with the heavy 20" barrel. It shot well prior to my taking it to my gunsmith to have him glas-bed the action, fully float the heavy barrel and pillar bed the two action screws.

To look at it, you can't tell all that work has been done... i.e., it's a "sleeper"... and has won a good many free soft drinks on some hot days for me. I don't bet money since that would be like stealing, but a free ice-cold can of Mt. Dew is always welcome. It's getting harder and harder to find new "victims"... er... uh...I mean "competitors". (Hehehehehe) grin

After testing over 30 different brands and types of .22 rimfire ammo, I found the most accurate is Wolf Match/Target which it shoots into tight little groups and should get even more accurate once I find out how much torque to put on the action screws. It also shoots Aquila SE (Super Extra - standard velocity) pretty well, but not quite as accurately as Wolf Match/Target.

It's easily a 50 yard squirrel rifle and any squirrel that holds still for just a moment at that range will end up as "squirrel stew" for any decent marksman.

If you shoot only paper targets, the X-rings will quake in fear at your approach to the bench-rest. grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Easily one of the best firearms purchases I've ever made.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was happy with my 452 Varmint in .17 HMR as it shoots the 20 gr XTPs into an inch or less at 100 yards. In checking it for a prairie dog shoot in a few weeks, I tried some of the CCI Green TNT 16 gr bullets- I only shot 2 5-shot groups, but they were both 1/2-inch or a bit less - I haven't put the calipers to them yet. Amazed me. I guess I'll have to stock up on that round.

(I did put a Rifle Basix trigger in it a few weeks ago.)

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,799 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,194
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.