Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 2,579 1 2 3 4 5 6 2578 2579
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
About as good as a .22-204, Brux 7.5 twist with 75 VLD's at 3,000.

DF

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by greydog
Boxer,
There may well exist within you a small reservoir of knowledge, but your offensive language and bombastic approach to communication does a great job of concealing it; if it does, indeed, exist. GD

'dog,

You are reliably a clueless whining [bleep],bent on talking out her ass,about those things you know the least about. Dumb as you are(which is on an order of magnitude,that is very [bleep] impressive),you know better than to even begin to dabble particulars. Few can botch sooooooo many things,as reliably as you and your incessant unsatiable desire,to reiterate ad nauseum your sheer and utter cluelessness,is always appreciated from a comedic standpoint. Bless your heart.

Feel free to cite wherever you THINK I've been "mistaken" and I'll happily reciprocate if only in fairness,to denote the first time you are right about something. I get it,that all you shoot is your mouth and that you are doing the best you can,with what little you've got to work with,so please do not infer that I wish to have you clam up...if only because your "experience","knowledge" and "firsthand" accountings are so very [bleep] hilarious!

Swing for the fence Toots and shoot for the stars.

Laffin'!

'223,

I savvy all of it and have more than one chambering in multiple rifles,with different shank denotations,if only because schit like that cracks me up.

The 204 can't begin to hang on any level,so is never even a consideration,due them inherent concessions.

Bullets will always matter more than headstamps.

Hint.

DF,

It is nice to source Commercial brass for well under $100 per 1K,delivered to the doorstep. Never a bad thing either,that same will happily feed a plethora of wares in both the Parent and Improved version(s),including boltguns and Krunchentickers. Only a fool would purposely scheme a way to miss that boat.

I realize that it has become seemingly trendy as of late,to devise all sorts of reasons to not shoot...but you'll have to forgive my dipping into the shadows at the Station,so as to preclude boarding that train. A very wise man once said,that the more you shoot,the "luckier" you get and such things is beyond refute. We in the business call that purty [bleep] good "odds".

Though I do enjoy the hoops the Do-Nothing Gang will happily jump through,to preclude actually shooting,if only to bolster their Imagination and Pretend.

I'm with ya',in hoping poor dumb 'dog is foolish enough to try too.

Laffin'!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Per usual...

Schtick is busy kissing his own ASSS.....as uniquely talented as that may be...

beyond that, if you don't worship at his alter of Schtickdom..
then he accuses one of being a dumbphuck,
that your [bleep] never gets off the couch
no one ever proves him wrong..
etc blahblahblahblahblah....

ya gotta admit, for a guy with a short man complex he is good at maximizing what a stud he thinks he is...

he doesn't laugh at others, half as much as we laugh at him...

as I continually say, every post of his is a floor show...

keep swinging Schtick.... you can't strike out sitting on the bench....

bless your little short Alaska wallflower fanny and heart...

and thanks for all the laughs....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
anyone ever notice this about Schtick...

Imagine about just asking him "what time is it?"...

I am sure his response would be
1. how many watches he owns. complete with pictures..
2. how each one is better and more spendy than anyone else would ever own.
3. what dumbphucks everyone else is, as they never took the time to get off the couch and learn to tell time in the first place
4. The time was " its time for you to buy a watch"...
5. He actually invented time in his spare time...
6. He also invented watches while you were asking...
7. NO ONE is better than or half as smart as he is...
8. How clueless the rest of the world is..
9 etc etc etc...blah blah blah blah...

and in the end, still never tell ya what time it is...

and the legend continues...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The one thing readily apparent without checking strain gages, chronos, rodent remains is that one "Boxer" has an epileptic mouth. I believe there is a clinical term for that behavior. I guess Ill just bypass any further such posts as they are offensive, but contain little of real value .

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rogn
The one thing readily apparent without checking strain gages, chronos, rodent remains is that one "Boxer" has an epileptic mouth. I believe there is a clinical term for that behavior. I guess Ill just bypass any further such posts as they are offensive, but contain little of real value .

That isn't going to break his heart.
The lead a horse to water thing comes to mind.
It doesn't hurt Stick if you refuse refreshment.
He will likely laugh however.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by rogn

That isn't going to break his heart.
The lead a horse to water thing comes to mind.
It doesn't hurt Stick if you refuse refreshment.
He will likely laugh however.

After reading rogn's post I wondered how long it would take before Squirrel Boy's #1 "leg humper" to show up..

If I can see it I am sure many others can too...

congratulations?.... whistle

Now go clean yourself up girl, you look a mess.. laugh

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't bother me a bit what you think of me.

I don't often let idiots get to me.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by greydog
Boxer,
There may well exist within you a small reservoir of knowledge, but your offensive language and bombastic approach to communication does a great job of concealing it; if it does, indeed, exist. GD

DF,

It is nice to source Commercial brass for well under $100 per 1K,delivered to the doorstep. Never a bad thing either,that same will happily feed a plethora of wares in both the Parent and Improved version(s),including boltguns and Krunchentickers. Only a fool would purposely scheme a way to miss that boat.

I realize that it has become seemingly trendy as of late,to devise all sorts of reasons to not shoot...but you'll have to forgive my dipping into the shadows at the Station,so as to preclude boarding that train. A very wise man once said,that the more you shoot,the "luckier" you get and such things is beyond refute. We in the business call that purty [bleep] good "odds".

Stick,

I'll spot you the less expensive brass, brass that can be used in a bunch of different guns. The longer .22-204 won't work in the AR platform, unless with very light bullets, for sure not 75's loaded out to touch the rifling. In the bolt gun, this round makes a lot of sense, especially the 700 series, as box mag alterations are very easy, easier than the Kimbers. And I have seen your step by step tutorial on the Kimber box mag.

The .22-204 doesn't limit one's shooting, just assures that all shooting is full power from start to end, with no need to form brass. If forming brass turns one on, then I say go for it. For the rest of us, this may be an option. And the sleek .22-204 round feeds much slicker from a box mag than the typical AI shouldered round.

Off the couch, out and about... laugh

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DF,

Forming brass in my AI rifles is done at full power: 223, 25-06, 7x57, 280, 30-30, 30-06. Have never used reduced loads to do so in any of them. Accuracy and trajectory are unchanged, and game goes down quite the same.

Ted

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 338Federal
So, nobody has yet given their actual measured increase in fps. Lotsa talk about pressure, bbl length, strain guage, non-stretch brass, etc. I'm just curious how much faster, measured, the AI really is.

I would like to know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop confused ..................................there are some things in this world that we may never know.. whistle

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

I don't know if my .223 AI is any better or worse than a regular .223 but I sure do like it.

Chronographed five rounds yesterday, 40 grain Noslers loaded with 27.5 grains of Ramshot X-T and they averaged 3729 fps. Before that. I took part in what I call a bullseye shoot, competing against guys that were shooting Stolle action 30 cals. but even with the wind revving up to around twenty to twenty five MPH and varying from NE to NW, I still placed third with a score of 247 out of 250 possible along with taking the x out eight times. As said, I don't know that it will do anything that a non-AI will do but it sure is fun to shoot.

Here are a few examples of what it will do.

Here it is all ready to go!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shefire,

As per always,please feel [bleep] free to use all of your Imagination to summons whatever Pretend is requisite,to find me "mistaken".

Enjoyed your sidestepping particulars,by lightyears and instead practicing your Vagina Monologue. You'll have to yet again pardon,my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess.

Bless your heart.

Rogaine,

Enjoyed your whine. You'll perhaps one day realize,that Reality trumps Fantasy and that spent primers are THE Supreme Tutorial. Until then,stay the course with "Handloading" bottled water in your Supersoaker and screaming "Get some!" in your high-pitched nasal whining voice,as you feign a first [bleep] clue.

Groovin' on the particulars of your 223AI(s).

Laffin'!

'qam,

It's difficult for even Shefire to shoot Imagination,though her heart is certainly in it.

Never has been difficult to discern who shoots and who don't,with the humor associated in the fray being routinely offa the [bleep] charts.

Mebbe she'll hold her breath,stomp her feet and yet again lie to herself and say she don't care.

EPIC [bleep] humor!

Nrut,

Find any pixels yet?

Laffin'!

DF,

The 223 in a MilSpec mag,is too long for 75A-Max to be fed as repeaters...though some apparently can stomach ogives below case mouths. That ain't how I roll. Anything that won't magfeed in an AR is a Goat [bleep].

Did shout at Olympic Arms a few days back,in regards to their '15 based 22-250 platform and they denoted the use of a proprietary billet mag of their design/manufacture,which is single stack and 2.420" COAL capable. Of zero interest to me on a 22-250 hull,again due to the trite confines precluding the 75A-Max to wear an ogive above the case mouth,but 2.420" ain't too horrid of a dimension for 223/223AI/75A-Max COAL geometry. I've only one fast twist 223AI wearing a throat that short,with the longest being a 2.500"+ kiss to lands and 2.450" is never a bad locale from which to be smoochin'. Long way of sayin',it's ALL about throat/twist/COAL harmony...if only because boolits matter more than headstamps. A 223AI Krunchenticker throated and magfed to a 2.400" 75A-Max kiss,wouldn't piss me off.

I shoot more than quite a [bleep] few Improved chamberings and tend to form cases at or above the parent's typical threshold,in regards to speeds. Exception being rare instances when I'm begrudgingly squirting Factory Fodder,which seldom happens. 8mmRemMag to 375H&H AI being one,300H&H to 300Wby another,if only to now and again "justify" those [bleep] belts.

I'm purty sure I've heard about lengthening a 700's internal .378" boltface's mag confines,for swingin' the good schit...as well as the DBM route.

As to 223AI feed/function,that one cracks me up too. Somnewhere I've a 510yd clip of gunning a sub 2" hasty 3-poke cluster in a CH under 11-seconds from an MPAJ ruck.

Though in fairness,I've yet to see anyone who's better with a rifle than I.

Yukoner,

I've seen me put F/F loads to more than a little good use too.(grin)

I'm with ya'.

'homa,

Have been around more than a whole [bleep] punch of SAAMI chambers,that was punched AI after the fact and have yet to see one go slower.(grin)

To really wrinkle Paper Hats,I've more than a few that was recontoured and fluted after the fact.

Just sayin'.

'215,

You are starting to talk me into a 223AI,tell me more.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The question was asked, what is the velocity difference between the standard and the AI in the 223. To this point, no one, including myself, has answered the question with anything more than conjecture (myself) or bombastic BS (boxer).
I call my own statement conjecture because I have not actually taken the time nor expended the effort to perform a legitimate scientific test with the 223 AI. I have done so with other "improved" cartridges but not the 223. I will, in the near future, rectify this.
I refer to Boxer's statements as BS because they seem to be exactly that.
My intial plan was to simply work up to maximum in my 223 then rechamber and check the increase. There are a couple of problems with this. The first problem is that I hate to wreck a perfectly good 223 barrel so I don't really want to rechamber my 223. I have a few old take-off barrels but they are short BR barrels and I figure we should use at least a 24 inch barrel.
There are options but I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on this project. Also, my spare time is in short supply so this will probably take a few weeks. GD

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey Schtick...

what time is it Short Stuff?

( time to learn to speak something besides Alaskan Trailer Park-ez? )...

ya wanna see where you're mistaken?

next time you are brushing your teeth... ( once a week, whether you need it or not...) look in the mirror...

there ya go... whistle

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Boxer

Did shout at Olympic Arms a few days back,in regards to their '15 based 22-250 platform and they denoted the use of a proprietary billet mag of their design/manufacture,which is single stack and 2.420" COAL capable. Of zero interest to me on a 22-250 hull,again due to the trite confines precluding the 75A-Max to wear an ogive above the case mouth,but 2.420" ain't too horrid of a dimension for 223/223AI/75A-Max COAL geometry. I've only one fast twist 223AI wearing a throat that short,with the longest being a 2.500"+ kiss to lands and 2.450" is never a bad locale from which to be smoochin'. Long way of sayin',it's ALL about throat/twist/COAL harmony...if only because boolits matter more than headstamps. A 223AI Krunchenticker throated and magfed to a 2.400" 75A-Max kiss,wouldn't piss me off.

This I like....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boxer done said.
" '215,

You are starting to talk me into a 223AI,tell me more"

I'm tryin, man, just give me some room. whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Here is what I understand about the 223AI.
First, the standard .223 ammo fires and shoots accurately in the AI chamber w/o any issues.
Second, it can be reloaded to more velocity. Just how much more depends on how hot you load it.
3rd, no case trimming.
Last of all, some guns shoot better, i.e. more accurately after doing the AI chamber. Not because the case has some magic built into it, but because the new chamber is often a bit more precise than the factory chamber. Some also have the barrel's crown touched up which also can help.
Taken as a package, this doesn't strike me as a bad deal.
As to necking up the .204 case, I'd be concerned about getting brass with good straight necks. I think I'd rather fire form factory ammo. E

Last edited by Eremicus; 04/16/12.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Here is what I understand about the 223AI.
First, the standard .223 ammo fires and shoots accurately in the AI chamber w/o any issues.
Second, it can be reloaded to more velocity. Just how much more depends on how hot you load it.
3rd, no case trimming.
Last of all, some guns shoot better, i.e. more accurately after doing the AI chamber. Not because the case has some magic built into it, but because the new chamber is often a bit more precise than the factory chamber. Some also have the barrel's crown touched up which also can help.
Taken as a package, this doesn't strike me as a bad deal.
As to necking up the .204 case, I'd be concerned about getting brass with good straight necks. I think I'd rather fire form factory ammo. E

E,

You make some good points, but checking run out is an easy step. With good dies, one can get great consistency on the first firing, after that, everything IS fire formed.

My initial loads are about as accurate as loads with once fired cases.

I'm not anti AI, just don't have any... smile

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oklahoma
Originally Posted by 338Federal
So, nobody has yet given their actual measured increase in fps. Lotsa talk about pressure, bbl length, strain guage, non-stretch brass, etc. I'm just curious how much faster, measured, the AI really is.

I would like to know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop confused ..................................there are some things in this world that we may never know.. whistle

The way I see it, if you gotta get a new barrel to get a good twist, you may as well get it chambered for the better cartridge. The AI is always better, whether you like it or not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 4 of 2,579 1 2 3 4 5 6 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 338reddog, 117LBS, 17 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.