-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Part of what makes this site work is it is not about profit.

I don't buy stuff and use this site to purposefully make a profit.

Just as Larry Root said after buying a 200th year of Liberty Ruger No. 3 from me at a reasonable price, and then listing it on GunBroker for more than double, "It's a free country, etc."

That is fine, it is a free country, but this site is also about friends around a campfire, buying and selling not necessarily to OPTIMIZE their profit.
When I sell any firearms to my brothers, sons, nephews, hunting buddies, etc. I make damn certain I make no profit. I do this as a hobby, not as a profession.

Thus it is annoying to see blatant profiteering amongst "friends."

Call me naive, but I believe this is part of the reason why the crew of regulars on 24-hour tend to get their feathers ruffled by such acts.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A clue to this seller is that all but 2 of his posts are in the free classifieds.....no class

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunthard
Traded....303 savage I offered you a refund minus shipping as I felt I described gun to my best ability. And if you buy a gun its your to do with what you want. Im retired military served my country and dont like my integrity questioned.For all that are 3rd parties please dont believe all you read.If you have a comment call me and we can talk about it like men (907)460-0050

Thanks Gentlemen.....

It would appear that you would have to have integrity for it to be questioned......bad form all the way around.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Traded....303 savage I offered you a refund minus shipping as I felt I described gun to my best ability. And if you buy a gun its your to do with what you want. Im retired military served my country and dont like my integrity questioned.For all that are 3rd parties please dont believe all you read.If you have a comment call me and we can talk about it like men (907)460-0050

Thanks Gentlemen.....

The douche detector is beeping...

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and has feathers like a duck...

I mean douche...

Bah-bye.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 303savage
BUYERS BEWARE, I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH ANY OTHER TRANSACTIONS ON THIS FORUM AND A BUNCH OF THE MEMBERS WOULD VOUCH FOR ME THROUGH MY MANY TRANSACTIONS,...

I'm one of those guys, and yes, I'd vouch for you in a heartbeat.

Hunthard on the other hand, well, I bet that he realizes that his days here are numbered. When this reputation hits, it gets hard to continue "dealing" here.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by eh76
A clue to this seller is that all but 2 of his posts are in the free classifieds.....no class

Not to sound like a minority here......... But, I bet most of mine are like that. mainly because I have another site I do my buddy buddy stuff on. not that I wouldn't do it here but my website (Aldeer.com) is local.

With that being said, I bet this guy is not like that at all!!!

I'm your brace man
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Varmint_Master
Well fellas I have watched this unfold and decided to seat out of it. It was my rifle and I did sell it to hunthard for 1500 bucks shipped. Deal went smoothly and the money was good. I thought I had offered a fair price and described it perfectly. When I saw this add it kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Well I hope the new owner enjoys it as I did and I want to thank you fellow members for being stand out guys. Its what makes this a great place. Always looking out for one another

Yep, that was chickenchit stunt he's just pulled here. Looking forward to hearing an explanation

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an explanation if I were you.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RS308MX

Yep, that was chickenchit stunt he's just pulled here. Looking forward to hearing an explanation

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an explanation if I were you.

I hear ya but if we keep this thread bumped up towards the top then other people will see what kind of guy he is and know what they are dealing with if they decide to do business with him

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently did a transaction with the OP for some Talley rings within the last week). Everything went great. I let him know I received the rings and at that time he told me he stripped one of the base screws when taking them off. Sure enough, the screw is toast. I figured it was no biggy, as I could obtain another hopefully fairly easy. Now that I'm seeing this post I feel a little cheated as it sounds like things like this have been kind of common.

Personally don't have anything against the OP, just sharing my experience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks Gentlemen.....

What does having served your country got to do with anything? I served my country too but I don't use that to sell stuff. Lame.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Gledeasy
I let him know I received the rings and at that time he told me he stripped one of the base screws when taking them off. Sure enough, the screw is toast.

Nice timing. He obviously knew it well before sending, but chose to keep his mouth shut instead of coming clean BEFORE completing the deal.

Nice....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
he also told me dies would be coming with the rifle that bought from him, when the rifle shipped and was on the way he told me he could not find the dies. anyone coming to a conclusion here?

guns to me are like legal crack
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 303savage
he also told me dies would be coming with the rifle that bought from him, when the rifle shipped and was on the way he told me he could not find the dies. anyone coming to a conclusion here?

"Hey, I can't find the dies. Sorry. I can either send your check back, or I can go ahead and ship the rifle, and include a check for $50 in with it as a refund for that part of the deal. Let me know which way you'd prefer."

It ain't that hard to do BEFORE you ship.... whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The OP also utilizes the screen name "BIG27". Caveat emptor...

And since Larry Root was brought up, he's back under the screen name "whiteeyes".

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks FOs...

Originally Posted by FOsteology
The OP also utilizes the screen name "BIG27". Caveat emptor...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still waiting for hunthard to show up with an explanation

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still waiting for hunthard to show up with an explanation

He already tried that by playing his military card and posting his phone number (I'm tempted to sign him up for a new siding and windows estimate).

He's taken so much advantage of this forum before getting busted I'd be surprised if he shows his face again under the same username.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Look guys most of these comments are out of line If I have upset anyone Im sorry, 303savage I offered to refund you and you traded the gun instead let me know what you feel I owe you resonably and I will refund you.Im not going to argue with anyone but instead offer a solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look guys most of these comments are out of line If I have upset anyone Im sorry, 303savage I offered to refund you and you traded the gun instead let me know what you feel I owe you resonably and I will refund you.Im not going to argue with anyone but instead offer a solution.

Hunthard, please point out which comments were out of line. It appears that the condition of the rifle was not fully disclosed. It's bad enough that you try to double your money on something you bought on here but the real issue is lack of full disclosure. It's shady and it makes you look like an ass.

It appears, from the outside looking in, that the only reason that you're going to try to make it right with 303Savage is because you've got your nuts in a wringer here. Not only did you bone him out of a set of dies that he paid an extra $50 for you refused to even help him out on shipping when he wanted to return the gun that he felt was misrepresented.

Based on how this thread has played out and the omission of a blemish that was conveyed to you when you bought the gun originally it gives 303's claim merit

My thoughts would be that if you buy something for a fantastic deal here in 24HCF and want to resell it for a quick profit then maybe you should try other websites to resell. Just a thought

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[bleep], you sound like a real douche bag, then you have the audacity to use the "I served my country" card..pathetic...you're on ignore now. mad

Last edited by okok; 04/19/12.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.