-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Preferably stainless, must be either .375 H&H or .375 Ruger. I will consider anything within reason with those characteristics. I have a decent hookup for new ones so I'm not looking to pay retail on used...but am willing to accept non-flawless condition for reduced price. :-) please let me know what you have and I will consider it. Thanks!

"...for by one sacrifice, He has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14)

"I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of salvation for those who believe."

"...sed ego homo indomitus." ~William Wallace
GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
It might be a lot quicker for you to buy retail. Asking to buy quite a rare gun--and that you will only "consider" a bargain price--stacks the deck against you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As an owner of the very gun you're looking for, I sincerely wish you the best of luck finding one at a price you're happy with. I know all to well the frustration of not being able to find one at anything other than a ripoff price, much less retail. For the ss/lam 375 Ruger, if you see one for less than a 1000,might as well jump on it. African models you can probably hold out for something in the 700 range.

Good luck!

...on earth as it is in Texas.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks, both of you, for the advice! :-) Utah, I never mentioned the word "bargain", just that I wasn't looking to pay retail for used...but I figured it was better safe than sorry to say I would consider their rifle rather than say I would commit to it sight-unseen just because the price was below retail. Some people's rifles are pretty beat-up...

"...for by one sacrifice, He has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified." (Hebrews 10:14)

"I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of salvation for those who believe."

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
yeah Ive looked for a long time and never found one that wasn't insanely priced. So I found a breand new looking SS rem 375HH factory barrel and am now hunting down an action for it. I might just use an existing action I have but im patient smile

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Patience is a very good thing! Sounds like you are a wise man. :-) I am considering buying a Ruger M77 Hawkeye African if I can't get a decent bead on an Alaskan in .375 Ruger. I would (sort of) prefer the H&H because I really like the Browning platform, but DANG that's expensive...

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
TTT

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The SS LH 375 Ruger was available twice both for a short time for around $700. Those that bought them aren,t going to give them up
for less. I know I wont.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Same goes for those with the Winchester Model 70s in 375 H&H. They didn't go cheap and can't be had for less. Mine sits in the safe right now, unfired til I book that Africa hunt (whenever that will be...).

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
...like hen's teeth, I tell ya...

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
If it's something like your Alaskan, I actually would expect to pay more than original retail, since they don't make 'em anymore, but in the case of something like a an a-bolt, I'm thinking that $1,100 is just too much for a used run-of-the-mill stainless stalker. I got my .338 WM stainless A-bolt (magnaported, nonetheless) for about $700, and that included a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10X40. I know good deals can be had if I am patient. But, you guys know how the gun bug goes...patience is a hard virtue to hold sometimes whistle

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There was a lefty Alaskan on Gunbroker last week. Looked like one from the first run as it did not have the barrel band. Don't know if it is still there, but it was 895 I think. I have no idea what that knucklehead that's charging 2 grand is thinking.

...on earth as it is in Texas.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Here's one that has been posted up here in Alaska for a while that sounds like what you are looking for.

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_General/63_Guns_Hunting/214678_Browning_375_H_amp_H.html

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
PM me if this one would meet your needs....

[Linked Image]

Built by Brown Precision on a Rem 700 action with a Brown stock. Action is CM, but the barrel is stainless. Does have open sights, and the brake could be removed.

[Linked Image]

This is their Pro-Hunter model, which I think has a base price of $4600, but I would sell it for way less. This gun has some wear, and I got a bid from them to remove the brake,refinish the metal, and repaint the stock for about $600. If it would work for you, switch to PM and we can talk price. It feeds extremely well, and is the most accurate 375 H&H I have owned (admittedly a small sample.)

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Gentlemen, I greatly appreciate all of the help you folks have given me! This afternoon I pulled the trigger (so to speak) on a Ruger African (not stainless, but if I ever make it to AK, I've always got my .338 SS) with sixty rounds, dies, case, and a (fairly cheapo, but still decent) scope for $650 + shipping and FFL fee. My total will run about $715 all told. I just didn't want to pass it up. :-)

Gmac, if I had seen your reply before I found this one, though, I probably would've been all over it. (DANG!) I really WAS hoping for a stainless. :-/ TXpitdog--yes, I saw that $2,000 joke, too...it's a little late for April Fool's, but hey, maybe he'll get it from someone doesn't comparison shop (doubt it, though). There's a Ruger Alaskan on Gunsamerica for $990, and I thought about it, but...meh. I can't complain about the deal I got. ;-) Again, THANKS guys for helping me out! I really like this website!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 71 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,484
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.