Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
Weeeell, 16" barrel, stock and if I make a sound suppressor for it that will be easy to go over 26"

laugh laugh laugh

That's a joke!

And said suppressor or extension must be permanently attached.

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
From what I understand, some of these weapons can now be owned legally without going to the ATF for special permit.
FOR THE UMPTEENTH, [bleep]*CKING TIME, THERE IS NO F*CKING PERMIT FOR MAKING, OWNING OR POSSESSING ANY NFA WEAPON. YOU MUST PAY FOR AND RECEIVE A F*CKING TAX STAMP FROM THE BATFE'S NFA BRANCH. A TAX STAMP IS A LONG F*CKING WAY FROM BEING A PERMIT. PLEASE DON'T POST BULLSHIT.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bricktop
From what I understand, some of these weapons can now be owned legally without going to the ATF for special permit.
FOR THE UMPTEENTH, [bleep]*CKING TIME, THERE IS NO F*CKING PERMIT FOR MAKING, OWNING OR POSSESSING ANY NFA WEAPON. YOU MUST PAY FOR AND RECEIVE A F*CKING TAX STAMP FROM THE BATFE'S NFA BRANCH. A TAX STAMP IS A LONG F*CKING WAY FROM BEING A PERMIT. PLEASE DON'T POST BULLSHIT.
Damn Bricktop, can't you read? I'm not an expert either, hence the "from what I understand".

You seem to be in the know. What about an 1892 Winchester with a 14" original barrel manufactured in 1893? Do you need a tax stamp or does it fall under a curio and relic due to the date? How about all the Marble's Game Getter's?

Bottom-line whether from you or me, this isn't the place to get the final say from the ATF. The ATF is.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dooood it will be a great day for guys such as yourself when Mary Jane is legalized. Maybe you'll be able to just chill then. I think you watched Snakes on a Plane one too many times. lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn Bricktop, can't you read? I'm not an expert either, hence the "from what I understand".

You seem to be in the know. What about an 1892 Winchester with a 14" original barrel manufactured in 1893? Do you need a tax stamp or does it fall under a curio and relic due to the date? How about all the Marble's Game Getter's?

Bottom-line whether from you or me, this isn't the place to get the final say from the ATF. The ATF is.
Can't you f*cking read? Let's focus on the subject, Gomer. There's no such thing as a f*cking permit from the BATFE for NFA weapons. Never has been and probably never will be. Tax stamps aren't permits. Savvy? No permit. Understand? No such thing as a permit from the BATFE. Is it sinking in? Can't buy a permit. Does it make sense?

The route to obtaining an approved tax stamp was never the point. Discussion of what does or doesn't qualify for a tax stamp was never the point either.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Can't you f*cking read? Let's focus on the subject, Gomer. There's no such thing as a f*cking permit from the BATFE for NFA weapons. Never has been and probably never will be. Tax stamps aren't permits. Savvy? No permit. Understand? No such thing as a permit from the BATFE. Is it sinking in? Can't buy a permit. Does it make sense?

The route to obtaining an approved tax stamp was never the point. Discussion of what does or doesn't qualify for a tax stamp was never the point either.
You gotta be the funniest dude on here Bricktop. I never said you hadta have a permit. Obviously your intelligentisially challenged. Do you understand the word "without" from my first post on the subject? I asked about a tax stamp in the second post. Savvy? Evidently you don't know but you are a funny boy, that is fo sho. You need to lay off the Crystal, it's makin' you crazy!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You gotta be the funniest dude on here Bricktop. I never said you hadta have a permit. Obviously your intelligentisially challenged. Do you understand the word "without" from my first post on the subject? I asked about a tax stamp in the second post. Savvy? Evidently you don't know but you are a funny boy, that is fo sho. You need to lay off the Crystal, it's makin' you crazy!!!!!
Have you taken a test to quantify your density yet? Because on a scale of 1 to 10, I think you'd hit an 11. Once again, allow us to focus on the point at hand, shall we? You made reference to a "special permit" from "the ATF," did you not? (It's actually been the BATFE for about ten years now, dumbass.) There is no such thing as a f*cking permit, therefore I want to know why the f*ck you keep referencing one. You also stated you didn't have a full understanding of NFA weapons and regulations, which brings me to my final question: if you don't know, why in the f*ck are you wasting ANYONE'S time posting about it if you don't know?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bricktop, there is a book out there called "How to influence people and make friends" I suggest you get a copy and either read it, and follow it's findings, or shove it down your throat till you sufficate becasue you seriously need to do something with the way you talk to and deal with people. While what you say may be correct here is a correct way of saying it and then there is the way you do it. To put it lightly you are a jerk and an a$$hole in the 1st degree!

Yu leev my Daaade alone fool. He nowe what he saying,

When i grow up i wona be jus like my Daadde
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Have you taken a test to quantify your density yet? Because on a scale of 1 to 10, I think you'd hit an 11. Once again, allow us to focus on the point at hand, shall we? You made reference to a "special permit" from "the ATF," did you not? (It's actually been the BATFE for about ten years now, dumbass.) There is no such thing as a f*cking permit, therefore I want to know why the f*ck you keep referencing one. You also stated you didn't have a full understanding of NFA weapons and regulations, which brings me to my final question: if you don't know, why in the f*ck are you wasting ANYONE'S time posting about it if you don't know?
lol Like I already stated, I said "without" in the sentence in question.

Isn't arguing with yourself tiring? Personally, I think you should have went to see Larry in Florida instead of Wyoming since they have Disneyland down there and y'all could have met amongst the Fairy-tale Princesses and cartoon mice.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 04/28/12.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LittleBittyBricktop
Yu leev my Daaade alone fool. He nowe what he saying,
I'm sorry Brick Jr. It wasn't my intent to make Brick Sr. stroke out over ATF regs and such. Y'all need to get him to move out to Cali where he can get a "permit" or "tax stamp" for some medicinalmaryjane. A few tokes and he won't even be thinking about the ATF or FedEx, he'll just be digging the Double-Stuff Oreos!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Speaking of focusing on the topic wink if we for a moment forget about the legal or illegal point of it, would there - and I am not going on with this project, nor I ever will - be in your opinion any disadvantage to the shortened barrel except velocity - external ballistics?

Seems like hunting single shot pistols are often in some JDJ caliber, does it mean that regular rifle caliber is not well suited for short barrels? Or more likely rifle caliber is performing OK, but wildcat developed for this very purpose works better?

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
Speaking of focusing on the topic wink if we for a moment forget about the legal or illegal point of it, would there - and I am not going on with this project, nor I ever will - be in your opinion any disadvantage to the shortened barrel except velocity - external ballistics?

Seems like hunting single shot pistols are often in some JDJ caliber, does it mean that regular rifle caliber is not well suited for short barrels? Or more likely rifle caliber is performing OK, but wildcat developed for this very purpose works better?
I'm not gunsmith enough to tell you for sure, but...calibers in rifles and pistols overlap a bit, but recoil comes immediately to-mind. The Contender, Remington XP and others have well-designed stocks specifically for handling heavy recoil. A cut down rifle stock doesn't and a custom-made stock may or may not. Not specifically velocity but related, you get to the point of not nearly expending all the powder in a big rifle case before it exits the barrel. Velocity is the main drawback, but there could be others.

From a buying standpoint, I can't see the cost-effectiveness except in a few cases. Maybe a Moisin Nagant. To get any accuracy at all you're going to have to set the front sight back. The twist may not be right if you cut it down enough, further affecting accuracy.

As to your second question, the bigger the case capacity in relation to your barrel length the more of the latter you need in order to burn the powder utilized in the former. IOW a big case filled with powder needs a long barrel generally, to burn up the powder before it exits and utilize that powder to generate the velocity. You get a short enough barrel and your 300 Win Mag might as well be a 300 Savage, I reckon. Stuff that is pretty efficient with its powder burning, like the 30-30 and 308 Win. is more suited to a pistol-type gun than a 300 RUM or some such. The JDJ's were developed by Jones specifically for use in shorter barreled guns. You get back to the idea of recoil again. Some of the JDJ's are wicked recoilers like the 30 Herrett or 30-30 in a pistol. I can't imagine shooting something that recoiled more.

I wish Whitworth and even JWP would chime in here. I just hunt with little punk revolvers.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Like him or not...he is correct in what he speaks of.

What's that you say?????

You don't like Bricktop?????

Well I have news for you....You're going to learn to love him Mister!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Wild West Guns used to offer just that called the Bushwhacker..Don't know what happened as there not available anymore but they were in there catalog.

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Like him or not...he is correct in what he speaks of.

What's that you say?????

You don't like Bricktop?????

Well I have news for you....You're going to learn to love him Mister!
Where'd I say I didn't like Bricktop? He's just linguistically challenged and likes fighting shadows, windmills, suchlike. You have to tread carefully around him like some of the more violent retards at the sheltered workshop lest he misunderstand something and GONUKKINGFUTZ!!!!

No, but seriously, he is a good boy and we all love him here even if his schtick is a bit worn and lame.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by logcutter
Wild West Guns used to offer just that called the Bushwhacker..Don't know what happened as there not available anymore but they were in there catalog.

[Linked Image]

Jayco
They should have named that the "Bricktopper".

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logcutter

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Hmmmm seems they are still made by another co.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-mares-leg.cfm

and this guy tells ya the law on his web site.

http://maresleg.com/maresleg.htm

Damn, Arguing about BS, OP just google Mares leg, or XP 100 buy it already made and legal.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you, Ethan.

I hunt with scoped GP100 4". For our area of VA it packs enough punch to get the job done with 180gr Hornady XTP.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
To put it lightly you are a jerk and an a$$hole in the 1st degree!
Biggest one you know, I hope. If you and the other pogues knew what in the f*ck you were talking about -- for a change -- there wouldn't be any need for me to bust your asses.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.