Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman

Steve was here today bringing me a Lab and he was in a great mood...a little sad, perhaps, but we had a great visit but, then, we tend to see things the same way. smile

Good man for taking that dog in. The way you love your pups, he got real lucky with his new home.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Some more delegate news.

It's beginning to look like Santorum's people are joining the Ron Paul party. Santorum's people *really* don't like Romney.

An excerpt:

As reported by this author last week in the article, �Colo, Minn, GOP Delegates chosen � Paul Strategy Working�, the local Colorado Ron Paul campaign teamed up with the remnants of former candidate Rick Santorum�s supporters. Together, they created a fusion slate of delegates to take on front-runner Mitt Romney and throw their collective voting power behind the last challenger remaining, Ron Paul.

Last week, the Paul campaign sent out a press release quoting the Denver Post�s headline proclaiming, �Stunning Upset�. The Post was referring to Congressman Paul�s delegate haul in the state party�s selection process. More importantly, the Colorado selection was the first to be conducted since former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum dropped out of the race, leaving it to the final two men standing � Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

The result, and a possible indicator of things to come, was Colorado Republicans refusing to give Mitt Romney even half their state�s voting delegates. If that trend continues, Mitt Romney cannot mathematically reach the needed 1,144 delegates, at least not on the first ballot.

This author pointed out last week that most of the national media, as well as the Colorado GOP, refuse to acknowledge Rep. Paul�s delegates in Colorado. The state party simply calls Paul�s delegates, �unpledged�. As the Paul campaign, as well as a small handful of other publications pointed out � Ron Paul actually took home 12 Colorado delegates, compared to 16 for Mitt Romney and 8 for Rick Santorum. Together, the anti-Romney delegates outnumber Romney�s 20 to 16.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Now I understand why he's being such an a-hole today. grin

Steve was here today bringing me a Lab and he was in a great mood...a little sad, perhaps, but we had a great visit but, then, we tend to see things the same way. smile
I will add that I assume you will do a better job than Steve. Good on you for giving that dog a chance.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I guess it is all over for Romney now that The Crazy Doctor won something in an obscure state.

I suspect Romney will soon drop out and endorse him. I'll have to schedule a top-level meeting with my people to evaluate this most amazing event. Standby.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Keep the good news coming, Bristoe. I remember when the neocons here at the Fire were telling us to stop whining about Dubya's appointment of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court. They told us all that there was nothing anyone can do, so just deal with it. Turned out that the conservative base was able to reverse that travesty by just plain not quitting. You never know what you can accomplish just by not quitting, the opinion of the neocons be damned.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Mickey... was that the black Lab that we "adopted" at Pat Powell's hog-hunting camp back in Feb? If so, you done good. That there is a GOOD pooch.

That's the one! Steve named him 'Buddy' and that's what he is....a good buddy. He's been in the pond with Sugar, Abby, Peach and Patches. He's having a ball.

He thanked me several times last night for "rescuing" him from Loozieanner but axed me not to say anything because he didn't want to hurt Steve and Grace's feelers. They're great people, he says, but he loves the pond and all his new bro's up here. He loves to ride in the golf cart but sulks when I don't let him drive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now I understand why he's being such an a-hole today. grin

Good luck with your new laboratory. You a chemist? grin

Seriously, though, it was nice of you to take that lab that Steve wasn't able to train. I hope you do a better job.

I can't imagine me being a better provider than Steve but I do have acreage where Buddy can romp and run plus 13 other dogs for him to enjoy playtime with....and he does love to play.

Buddy was an inside dog at Steve's and I must admit that he's still an inside dog. He slept on a pallet right beside my bed last night. He wanted in the bed because I understand he slept on Grace's bed but there just was not enough room. I already have three small dogs on the bed with me at night so he stayed on the pallet......after the third try. smile

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Mickey... was that the black Lab that we "adopted" at Pat Powell's hog-hunting camp back in Feb? If so, you done good. That there is a GOOD pooch.

That's the one! Steve named him 'Buddy' and that's what he is....a good buddy. He's been in the pond with Sugar, Abby, Peach and Patches. He's having a ball.

He thanked me several times last night for "rescuing" him from Loozieanner but axed me not to say anything because he didn't want to hurt Steve and Grace's feelers. They're great people, he says, but he loves the pond and all his new bro's up here. He loves to ride in the golf cart but sulks when I don't let him drive.
Awesome! I love a story with a happy ending.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Buddy was an inside dog at Steve's and I must admit that he's still an inside dog. He slept on a pallet right beside my bed last night. He wanted in the bed because I understand he slept on Grace's bed but there just was not enough room. I already have three small dogs on the bed with me at night so he stayed on the pallet......after the third try. smile
laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If Steve_NO is grumpy today,...
...and I thought this thread was about the Saints forfeiting draft picks

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I read your link�

While congratulating the Paul campaign "for apparently capturing their first state delegation in this presidential election cycle through an excellent get-out-the-vote effort today," Sarah Roy, chairwoman of the Greater New Orleans Republicans, characterized it as an "odd and undemocratic result" that would embarrass and distract both Romney and Gov. Bobby Jindal.

"The result of this ill-conceived and confusing caucus clearly does not represent the will of the vast majority of Louisiana Republican voters, as Ron Paul recently received only 6 percent of the vote in the Louisiana presidential primary," said Roy, who on behalf of her organization called for the state party's leaders to resign for designing Saturday's "debacle."
That's what you call sour grapes.

actually, no....I got a call while I was on the road to Mickey Colemans from a friend running for delegate who said don't even bother to go to the local caucus site....which is four blocks from my house. Paulies blocking entrance, I'm sure he was exaggerating when he said they were all smelly punks who looked more like occupiers than republicans....these are Bristoe's cherished young Paulies I guess.

they apparently did the same in many locations....not sure why we had a presidential primary in which Paul got his usual single digits if the delegate makeup is going to be determined by this rather undemocratic method.

but I guess this is the guerilla warfare the Paulistas have been promising......

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I read your link�

While congratulating the Paul campaign "for apparently capturing their first state delegation in this presidential election cycle through an excellent get-out-the-vote effort today," Sarah Roy, chairwoman of the Greater New Orleans Republicans, characterized it as an "odd and undemocratic result" that would embarrass and distract both Romney and Gov. Bobby Jindal.

"The result of this ill-conceived and confusing caucus clearly does not represent the will of the vast majority of Louisiana Republican voters, as Ron Paul recently received only 6 percent of the vote in the Louisiana presidential primary," said Roy, who on behalf of her organization called for the state party's leaders to resign for designing Saturday's "debacle."
That's what you call sour grapes.

actually, no....I got a call while I was on the road to Mickey Colemans from a friend running for delegate who said don't even bother to go to the local caucus site....which is four blocks from my house. Paulies blocking entrance, I'm sure he was exaggerating when he said they were all smelly punks who looked more like occupiers than republicans....these are Bristoe's cherished young Paulies I guess.

they apparently did the same in many locations....not sure why we had a presidential primary in which Paul got his usual single digits if the delegate makeup is going to be determined by this rather undemocratic method.

but I guess this is the guerilla warfare the Paulistas have been promising......

You didn't vote?

Well,..there ya go.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

People struggling to be free.

If they blocked you from getting in, then call the cops. I frankly doubt it, though.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

Run for your lives! The Ron Paul supporters are massing outside of town!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
he said he thought it was some Obama counter demonstration protesting the republican caucus.....lots of real republicans avoided the issue altogether, since it looked like some kind of riot on St. Charles Avenue.

and since we voted in a real primary weeks ago, very few people knew this was going on unless they were running for delegate or had some other reason to go.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
he said he thought it was some Obama counter demonstration protesting the republican caucus.....lots of real republicans avoided the issue altogether, since it looked like some kind of riot on St. Charles Avenue.

and since we voted in a real primary weeks ago, very few people knew this was going on unless they were running for delegate or had some other reason to go.

What folks voted in weeks ago was the straw poll. This is the delegate election, which is what counts. The latter was the part easily manipulated when your side controls the MSM and the Party establishment. The delegate selection process isn't nearly as subject to said manipulation.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
very few people knew this was going on

,....and that's always worked in favor of the status quo until now.

Ron Paul's supporters have done a very good job of schooling themselves in the mechanisms of elections.

Hence,..the sour grapes from those insiders who used to be the only game in town.

They don't like it when other people learn the ropes.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Good deal, Mick. That dog is luckier'n... ne'mind...
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The desperation and want for credibility by the 'bots has reached manic levels.

It's a truly sad spectacle to watch,really. And they wonder why the majority of voters shrug them off as freakish side-shows. I guess they need such spectacles to feel comfortable even believing Paul is in any way relevant to this next election,save for preparing for a speech and riding off into a long awaiting sunset.

Last edited by RISJR; 04/29/12.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buddy has a complex about fences....Mickey's place is unfenced and he can roam over a big piece of ground.

although he had a pool to swim in and two other dogs to play with here, he just couldn't resist the urge to escape and roam, and the dirt here is so soft it's almost impossible to prevent.....it was like having Steve McQueen in the back yard.

he took to Mickey right away, and got along with the rest of Mickey's pack.....I think it's an upgrade for Buddy, although Grace is sad about it.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.