As you all know, spring is an exciting time because of the natural foods we gather. We ate like kings yesterday and I just wanted to tell it.

In the late morning we had an omelette made with fresh garlic and black morel mushrooms sauteed in butter with two cheeses and Hollandaise sauce on top. Wanted to make eggs Benedict but didn't have all the ingredients, so we "settled" for the omelette.

For supper we had marinated venison steak fried in butter with fresh white morels. On the side were fresh, steamed asparagus spears and baked potatoes with dill sauce and [real] bacon bits. I washed it down with a Sierra Nevada pale ale. The tee-todeler wife drank her favorite beverage, well water.

I had to wonder what such meals would cost in a restaurant that serves such delicacies. Any ideas?

I once had reindeer at a small restaurant on a sidestreet in Stockholm called Fem Sma Hus (means five little houses in the Swedish language). I didn't pay the bill so don't know what it cost. The wine probably cost more than the meal.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.