Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
#6483109 05/08/12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
News is talking about the health care crisis of fat azz folks. Are you one of 'em?
I know that everywhere you go you see fat women, fat men, fat kids. There seems to be some racial factors involved, but fat is everywhere.
link to story
Whose fault is it? Fast food restaurants? Sodas and snacks? Is it the fault of the fat person?

Thats my guess.

Sam......

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Overweight people all over the place, I dont think race is the factor. I think stupid is.

See a guy polish and oil a gun (or car, or...) so its beautiful and perfect, but same guy cant take the care or control to figure out what his body does and doesnt need on a weekly basis.

Lazy or stupid or a serving of both.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
you ain't gotta be fat to have poor eating habits that'll clog your arteries and cause heart attacks. I know some overweight guys that are in pretty good shape and skinny folks who are in terrible shape. The difference is the overweight guys are quite active and the skinny ones are not.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Pretty sure lazy and stupid aren't limited to fat people.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fat people give those with a love of hate more opportunity to ply their trade.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I seen a "study" a few months ago that said skinny people are more of a drain on health care because they live longer.

It boils down to the insurance companies will use whatever means necessary to make sure insurance premiums go up 10% every year. I think they learned it from the oil companies.

Dink

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
As long as someone's working and pulling there own weight and there purdy good people, ICGAF what they look like.

Gunner

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DINK
I seen a "study" a few months ago that said skinny people are more of a drain on health care because they live longer.

It boils down to the insurance companies will use whatever means necessary to make sure insurance premiums go up 10% every year. I think they learned it from the oil companies.

Dink

That part on the "study" sounds just like something out of obamacare

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cultivating a big gut costs a lot of money. It's an investment against hard times. crazy

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i always thought it was funny when i was in high school that i was in great physical shape. i had 6 pack abs, could run for a mile or more without stopping, lifted weights 5 days a week, pull ups, pushups.... yet i always had love handles. they have never gone away.

i am a little pudgier than when i went to school (still wear the same size pants 10 years later) however, i still have my love handles...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A whole mile? Without stopping?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Did Gus hack Mannlicher's password?

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
A whole mile? Without stopping?

Travis

that is better than many can do while running. not everyone, but many i know cant do it.

Last edited by ironeagle_84; 05/08/12.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
First - you better define exactly what 'fat' is... 5# overweight? 10#? 20#? What about frame size? Height?

All this matters.. And I could (no, make that SHOULD) lose about 15#.. Am I fat??

And just who is to make that decision? Is it anyone's business? Moochelle is certainly trying to MAKE it the gov't's business.. Is it? Is that where y'all are goin?

Sorry... Gov't stays OUT of our lives AFAIC...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Agreed Redneck, the BMI BS at my doc's office says I am obese at 6' 2" and 260 lbs. grin a 35" waist and a 52" coat doesnt jive with there system, not everyone is built the same. LOL

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Moochelle is certainly trying to MAKE it the gov't's business.. Is it?

And she'd be what kind of runway model again?

Steve

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Well, let's see. I was always fat - fatter than most anyway. My father was shaped the same way. Doctors told me to loose weight since age 10. As I aged I became fatter still. Finally, I had a cardiac stress test and chest x-ray by an M.D.. Result was heart is perfect, and large enough to support a small horse, lung capacity pegged the instruments, doctor came to the conclusion that I'm this way due to genetics. Decided to be careful anyway, I ate 1500 calories or less a day, worked out with weight training four days a week, walked a mile after getting out of bed every day before going to work. Then when I couldn't do the weight training after several horrendous accidents and surgery, I began 90 minutes of aerobics, using a rebounder and Nordic walking and pool exercises. Measured every portion of food, kept a food diary, ate a balanced diet with fish, salads, low fat & carbs, the works. I still do. Did loose a little weight that came right back as my crazy metabolism adjusted. So here's the bottom line - if you don't like fat people, it's your problem - really. There is a psychological problem where some individuals have a fear of fat people - an irrational revulsion. I'm tired of trying to make myself conform to the body image of morons and it didn't work - so get over it.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think that size is referred to as Lardazz.

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
US Army 1954-1956
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Body shape is not necessarily a problem as long as the person eats right and is healthy, the big problem comes when they sit down and quit doing anything. If you eat decent and are active being big is just that, being big, on the other hand if all you do is watch TV and suck up junk food and soda (diet or otherwise). Ride the store shopper carts 'cause it is too hard to walk, you have a problem.

I can't walk all around the big box stores anymore and the Mall, fergetaboutit but I do use my cane a lot otherwise and when on real familiar turf not even the cane. I have my own "Electric mobility scooter" (Little Rascal) but ration it's use. I eat pretty much what I want but not a lot. My idea of junk food is frozen entree's, TV Dinners, chips and other packaged snacks and soda pop. I much prefer food we prepare at home from the original materials such as garden veggies and home grown beef & chicken. My biggest weakness is PIZZA and a beer.

Just the view from my saddle.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steven_CO
Originally Posted by Redneck
Moochelle is certainly trying to MAKE it the gov't's business.. Is it?

And she'd be what kind of runway model again?

I do believe that'd be an airport runway. wink

And BTW, I'm not a shining example of fitness either. I lost 25 lbs last summer/fall on rrroae's weight loss contest here on the fire, but put about 12 or so pounds back on within a few months. Right now I'd like to lose 30 lbs to get my stocky 5'5" frame back down under 150. It isn't easy with so many well stocked beer coolers at area stores. smirk

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,438
Posts18,489,412
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.