Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Nice stuff. Hoping you'r feeling better soon.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I always wonder why the dead deer in Rory's pics are smiling! smile

Happy about not having to deal with all those damn petting zoo visitors anymore.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Phil99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll risk posting pics of a couple non-Savages. Top is a deluxe grade Remington 721B 30-06, bottom is a deluxe 722B in 257 Roberts. Both have been traded down the road once I caught the Savage bug. They were purty, but I don't miss 'em.

Rod
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow for wood!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Picture taking at deer camp in Minnesota -
[Linked Image]
My office at work -
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Great idea Rod! Get well soon Saddlering!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
John - the Michigan woods and the Minnesota woods often look pretty similar. Here are some pictures of the woods we hunt on. For most of us, the woods are about the best place to be. Some here will recall that last December before he died, my Dad told the minister, "the woods are my heaven" and for his entire life, there was no where in the world he would rather be. Here is a picture of us vs. the beavers. For all of my childhood and young adulthood, the woods I was most familar with and enjoyed stayed the same. Then, the demand for fur fell way off and people quit trapping beaver. This had a dramatic impact on the landscape I was familar with. I noticed it quick because my shoes and pants got wet a lot more often! Here was are trying to push back (unsuccessfully) the persistence of the beaver -
[Linked Image]
In the picture is my son (far left) my dad (far right) my uncle (also on the right) and me (closest to the middle) -
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see some others have posted non-Savage guns so I hope I can sneak in this cheep azzed Sears & Roebuck - at least it was one of their better ones - and it was designed by a Savage -
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gene
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by boltman
John - the Michigan woods and the Minnesota woods often look pretty similar. Here are some pictures of the woods we hunt on. For most of us, the woods are about the best place to be. Some here will recall that last December before he died, my Dad told the minister, "the woods are my heaven" and for his entire life, there was no where in the world he would rather be. Here is a picture of us vs. the beavers. For all of my childhood and young adulthood, the woods I was most familar with and enjoyed stayed the same. Then, the demand for fur fell way off and people quit trapping beaver. This had a dramatic impact on the landscape I was familar with. I noticed it quick because my shoes and pants got wet a lot more often! Here was are trying to push back (unsuccessfully) the persistence of the beaver -
[Linked Image]
In the picture is my son (far left) my dad (far right) my uncle (also on the right) and me (closest to the middle) -
[Linked Image]

TNT? I swore I have read stories of dynamite being used to blow these industrious little [bleep] up...

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awe Heck, for you pump gun guys here'e a Remington 141.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Phil99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not as nice as that lovely 141, but here's a couple of nice working class Remingtons, a 1928 Model 14 in .35 Rem and a 1914 Model 8 in .32 Rem:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rod

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Gene, does that front sight help you shoot around the corner

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by boltman
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

TNT? I swore I have read stories of dynamite being used to blow these industrious little [bleep] up...

John - yes they do commonly use dynamite to blow these. It works better but the only difference is it takes the beaver a bit longer to build them back up mad

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think he figured he could shoot further with this rifle than a '99 wink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks guys, love the pics, guns & girls, woods and sun sets all great! Gene That S & R is one fine little rifle! been a long day I got to get used to haveing some help, worked for Republic airlines then Northwest after they bought, us out, lost job because of 9/11, then they broke the Mech. union, and fired us! Been a armed Security office at a Nuclear Power Plant since. not sure what is in store for me now, to young to retire, to old to learn, much! Maybe see if Obamy will take care of me, yeah right!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And now for something completely different. A couple of views of my 'go to' muzzleloader that I scratch-built a few years ago.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/10/12.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Remembering The 99
Phil99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's an amazing picture Gary!

Rod

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Phil99
That's an amazing picture Gary!

Rod

+1 on that!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 34 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,211
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.