Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
check out Purdy Leather grinSSSWWWEEETTT
http://www.purdygear.com/

Frank Glaser,Alaska Wolfman:"with a lung shot on hoofed game the .220 Swift killed quicker than any other gun I ever owned."That included caribou,moose,wolf,and sheep.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It shore is.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
amen......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow.

B
B
If you need a shelter for your campfire, check out TarpsPlus.com They have just about anything you may need. Especially to shelter the kids and mom.

A proud member of www.acecanopy.com
IC B2

R
R
that sure is purdy...its art!!

R
R
that sure is purdy...its art!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
She's smoking crack with those prices. Seems purdy pricey! I've got a dozen holsters, all just as nice (or nicer), and nowhere near as expensive. And the only holsters for Vaqueros are for the newer small frame "lady" models. Purdy? Yes... affordable? depends on the buyer. Don't see anything I can't get a had dozen other places for less. She's making gun leather, not Monets... and there is a difference.

The gun leather market is pretty crowded... I'm just saying'

God Bless America!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice leather!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by redfoxx
She's smoking crack with those prices. Seems purdy pricey! I've got a dozen holsters, all just as nice (or nicer), and nowhere near as expensive. And the only holsters for Vaqueros are for the newer small frame "lady" models. Purdy? Yes... affordable? depends on the buyer. Don't see anything I can't get a had dozen other places for less. She's making gun leather, not Monets... and there is a difference.

Not sure how this opinion was formed. She lists both old and new Vaqueros along with a multitude of old west, and some more modern handguns.

I just got home from a nice visit with her at her home/shop and she gave me lots of tips as I'm a novice leatherworker.

BTW...Unlike a lot of the "big name" vendors, she wouldn't take any money up front on a +$500 order for a rig. ElPaso gets full price before they start an order.

Got to see some of her work, up close, and it's every bit as "purdy" as the pics.

Nice lady who makes good stuff.

Prices are well in line with the other custom houses I've seen

p.s. If your gun isn't on her list just take or send it to her and she'll make a pattern.

Last edited by swampsavage; 05/15/12.

John

NRA Life/Endowment
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redfoxx

Buying custom leather gear is like buying engraved revolvers, those who can afford it, do. Those who can't afford it can either get on with the shooting, or sit around in a puddle of their own envy. As far as the gun leather market being pretty crowded, yeah it is. But when you get to the absolute top of that market, there aren't that many companies to choose from, and they all charge pretty much the same.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I am sure these holster and belts top grade, usually THICK, leather, and the engraving not done in a few minutes. Problem is, too many folks don't comprehend quality, and may not need or want it. I have a belt and holster set from way back about 1960. It is supple, thick, top grade leather. Cost me probably $50 then. Today, you can't find something that nice, and should be worth $300 at least. But you see folks go into EGO mode when you tell them how much it's worth, because they've never heard of the Company , and 2 the guy they're talking to trying to sell them some cheap crap setup for $50 says he's never heard of it either. Also, if you read the information, they are designed to replicate certain periods, holsters, etc. not some "generic" one fits all design. Kinda like the cowboy hats today. You'd think there's only the one, dilbert looking model everyone who's a C&W singer, or something wears. But go to a real hat maker, and a whole lot of different styles, and they aren't cheap. Back in the old days, a cowboy could be ID'd as to where he was, by the shape and style of his hat alone.

If someone doesn't need this level of quality, don't buy it, but don't say it's overpriced. From what I'm seeing, the prices are not only reasonable, but kinda low, for the quality. And it the prices aren't due so much to the embossing, but to the quality of the leather, and styling.

Last edited by ghost; 07/31/12.

Ghost

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 41 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,264
Posts18,504,887
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.