Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I wonder how many snakes he released before one bit him?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Looks like a 47 year old man from Clarkston, WA may be the new owner of WalMart. laugh

Interesting.....
it was outside in the garden center.
Again, not mentioned here but in the local rag, the man went to the hospital.
Was treated and sent home because of no swelling.
Got home and had a hand the size of a football, went back for treatment.

Sue Wal-Mart
Sue St. Joe's.

Win/Win

if there was no swelling i cant blame the hospital as there is no test for a snake bite but looking for swelling and neurological symptoms, if you dont have those than it was a dry bite....a basic round of antivenin costs $10,000(granted this figure is a number of years old now) when all is said and done and quickly goes up from there if there are any complications....not to mention complications from the antivenin arent exactly rare.....until i hear more it sounds like how i would have wanted the hospital to treat me....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Looks like a 47 year old man from Clarkston, WA may be the new owner of WalMart. laugh

Interesting.....
it was outside in the garden center.
Again, not mentioned here but in the local rag, the man went to the hospital.
Was treated and sent home because of no swelling.
Got home and had a hand the size of a football, went back for treatment.

Sue Wal-Mart
Sue St. Joe's.

Win/Win

if there was no swelling i cant blame the hospital as there is no test for a snake bite but looking for swelling and neurological symptoms, if you dont have those than it was a dry bite....a basic round of antivenin costs $10,000(granted this figure is a number of years old now) when all is said and done and quickly goes up from there if there are any complications....not to mention complications from the antivenin arent exactly rare.....until i hear more it sounds like how i would have wanted the hospital to treat me....

You will know what this means as fair as amount, I don't.
Local rag said they used 6 bags of anti-venom.
Also said that they cut open his hand to ease pressure and that he will be disfigured.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6 bags is about average with Crofab, the old serum woulda required over twice as much and cutting open is normal to and believe me something you want done if the doc says you need it, to not cut can mean loosing the hand as the pressure increases it cuts off blood flow and tissue dies.......

disfiguring is likely with any bite from a rattlesnake, cottonmouth or copperhead.....cant blaim the docs for that....the only question is how much and that often depends on alot of things outside a docs control....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow!!! If that was a snake it would have..

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I smell something wrong with this guy's story.

At least something seems more than a bit weird after reading the full story in the Lewiston Morning Tribune. Admittedly the LMT reporting of the story is more than a bit strange also, but after reading his comments I'll be shocked if this guy doesn't file a huge lawsuit against somebody.

I don't doubt he got bit by a rattlesnake, but the circumstances make this this seem more than a little strange.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't that a horribly written article?
Lead story, front page and
I said this morning when I read it, this is the worst written article ever.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Terrible article. The guy who wrote should have his diploma taken away. If he actually has one to take away?

Trying to decipher who had legal pot cards, what they were shopping for at the time, who drove who to the hospital, and who got bit, it was a real mess.

I shoulda kept my Captain Crunch decoder ring for trying to make sense of articles like that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True Dat. Welcome to my world. grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Man bitten by rattlesnake at Idaho Wal-Mart

LEWISTON, Idaho � A man said he reached down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in Idaho, only to discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand.

Mica Craig said he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of a Lewiston store when he was bitten Saturday. The 47-year-old man from Clarkston, Wash., says it latched onto his hand and that he screamed and managed to shake loose the snake and stomped it to death.

The Lewiston Tribune reports a bystander drove Craig to a local emergency room. Craig said he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured.

He said doctors expect him to remain hospitalized until Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...-wal-mart/?intcmp=trending#ixzz1us8BLGYM

Was Wal-Mart set-up?

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
DId the snake have "Made in China" on it's belly?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn, I just hate those snakes that look like sticks. They're the worse snakes ever.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It sounds like some pot head figured out a way to get some real money without working. Whats one hand for a few thousand dollars . Lucky it didn't bite him on the balls when he carried it in the store in his pocket.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if it could have been shipped to them in boxes of plants, from a supplier? One company I worked for shipped a snake (don't know what kind, and did not see it) in a crate of oil coolers from California to NC. The guys in NC were a bit distressed.

Worse was the time, at a different company, when another crate got shipped to a customer in Utah. That one had a litter of dead kittens in the box. Seems a cat snuck into the warehouse, had a litter, and was away when the box got pulled from stock and shipped. That customer was also, rather distressed...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball

That was my first thought. I guess they're on to the old "slip and fall" thing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That was my first thought. I guess they're on to the old "slip and fall" thing.

especially if he had no swelling the first trip to the doc.....rattlesnake venom isnt known to take its time to kick in....granted might take a bit for full effect but any doc worth their salt will keep yah around for awhile for observation...if he was at the hospital for a reasonable amount of time with nothing showing a good guess was he got himself bit a second time and made sure it wasnt a dry bite that time.....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Damn a snake! That is all.
I think you mean, "Damn, a snake." grin

That's where you would be wrong. I meant damn a snake.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Very odd story to say the least and unfortunately pretty typical tribune reporting. I'd love to be able to watch the cover on KLEW tonight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Look, if he picked up an actual stick and it bit him, am all for letting Walmart's insurance pay. That's what insurance is for, the "unfuggin' believable".

But a mary jane afficianado, of his own volition, chose to pick up a SNAKE in the store aisle. Barring proof that Walmart knew about and neglected to address a snake problem, ring up one WGAF for me. I mean, at what point are we not responsible for, um, picking up a rattlesnake and getting bit?

"If a snakestick done bit, you must acquit," I say.

Last edited by sandcritter; 05/14/12.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheTone
Very odd story to say the least and unfortunately pretty typical tribune reporting. I'd love to be able to watch the cover on KLEW tonight.

You nailed it because KLEWless gave the meth-head his 15 seconds of fame.

He stomped on the snake after he got bit because he was worried about some kids who were nearby might get bittten if he didn't kill it. He is already talking about his medical expenses. So the groundwork is laid for a major lawsuit and he might get some sort of award for saving those helpless kids. Good job meth-head.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 3,023 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,548
Posts18,510,226
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.