Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#6518952 05/19/12
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
So the wife is waiting on the new addition to show up, due in less than 2 weeks now. her family came to visit and help out if they could while im at work. my 19 y/o SIL has to be the most needy useless person i have ever met. went to my fridge in the garage and b****** how all the bottled water was gone and nobody put another case in there to get cold. even tho there are 6-7 flats right nest to the fridge. comes back in the house and whines for the night. next day goes out and same thing happens. even tho im at work and my wife is on bed rest.

i got home from 6 days in the field and the first thing i hear is how the trash is overflowing and that we need water in the fridge.......
so i ask her y she didnt just do it since she came down to stay for free and help... she looked at me like i was nuts.

What happened to people being able to take care of them selfs???

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd tell her to GTFO, she's supposed to be there to help and if she can't do that all she's really doing is freeloading.

Seems to be a common thing with that age group these days though, can't think for themselves or do anything for themselves.

The original international turd
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have known 19 year olds that were level headed and hard working adults. I know a forty something who still think he rules the world and everyone must bow to his whims.

Some grow up young, some never do. I doubt there is anything anyone can do about it.

Just be glad you got the right sister.

Last edited by Scott F; 05/19/12.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
+1 tell her to get the [bleep] out. I had to tell my wifes sister to get out....We got along fine after that. grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
family visitors, much like dead fish, start to stink after three days or so...............

Sam......

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The difference between in-laws and outlaws is outlaws are wanted. wink

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Time for you to do some house cleaning.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thats the got dammned truth. Im still fairly young but everyone seems to worry about the inlaw dad, i shoot, golf, drink, cuss, with the inlaw dad. The inlaw mother "satan" is where we dont agree. Luckily my spouse knows her mother is a pos and dosent hold it against me.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My outlaws and I had a GTFO evening once about 20 years ago, we hadn't been married that long and they were taking liberties with my good nature and hospitality - in short there was a lack of respect in the relationship.

Things came to a head. I told them they had 5 minutes to get out or be thrown out. Almost got ugly. We didn't talk for a year. Then we slowly got to know each other again but it was different and good. My FIL has been a good friend for a number of years, a person whose company I enjoy and seek out. The MIL has her ways but she definitely means well.

When my wife and I look back on it we both concur that it was the best thing we ever did.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
A friend of mine threw his SIL out awhile back after she
answered his house phone without asking for permission. Rudest
person I have ever met.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When my sons were 19, they were working their way through college - waiting tables, stocking groceries, roofing, etc. They know what their education cost them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my wife's 7 brothers know better than to show their faces around my home.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My mom's THREE sisters moved into the house right after mom and dad married. One was an alcoholic, two were just plain nuts. The alcoholic and one of the nuts eventually got married and moved out. The last nut case outlived both of my parents. Sadly it got to the point when my folks were older than mom talked to her sister more than she did my dad. My aunt hated me and men in general. And she was terribly jealous of anyone who was in a romantic relationship. She helped break up my sister's marriage, supported my druggy niece and nephew (in total denial) and basically screwed up every holiday by getting in an argument with one of us.
Found out just a few years before she passed that my aunt had been date-raped, got pregnant and lost the baby when she was five months along. She was never the same after that. It sure explained a lot of things. No one ever talked about it but I wish she had gotten help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smithwr
Thats the got dammned truth. Im still fairly young but everyone seems to worry about the inlaw dad, i shoot, golf, drink, cuss, with the inlaw dad. The inlaw mother "satan" is where we dont agree. Luckily my spouse knows her mother is a pos and dosent hold it against me.

sounds like my situation......my FIL is one of the nicest guys you will ever come across......cant wait to piss on my MIL's grave......fortunately my wife really doesnt care for her mom cause she was treated horribly by her when growing up......i was not allowed in my inlaws house for the first year Darla and i were together....i really miss those days crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by smithwr

sounds like my situation......my FIL is one of the nicest guys you will ever come across......cant wait to piss on my MIL's grave......fortunately my wife really doesnt care for her mom cause she was treated horribly by her when growing up......i was not allowed in my inlaws house for the first year Darla and i were together....i really miss those days crazy

Yep those were the days... grin

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man I feel for you guys. My inlaws are ALWAYS welcome at my place. Could be the best damn folks on the planet.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

laugh laugh laugh

Good one!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my MIL stays here quite a bit, she has to be the most quiet person I've ever met. Can put a scald on like nobody's biz and always does our dishes.

have had to show the BIL the door when he's been drinkin which causes a bit of red azz for some

oh well my house my rules, I plan on being comfortable in my house, so doesn't matter whether it's family, acquaintances or their kids.

Fly right or just fly out.

+ 1 to all those that have stood their own ground in their own homes.

it may cause temporary pain, but it's better than long term and dreading folks coming over that you don't enjoy their behavior

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

That one made me laugh out loud, Dave. laugh I'll use it with your permission.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dang, feel for ya DB, glad there's cattle farmer's on both side's here, very self supporting folks, iffin ya want something ask, if it's not there, go get it for yourself, be it out in the shed or in town. smile

Gunner

edit: spelling

Last edited by gunner500; 05/20/12.

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,429
Posts18,528,479
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.