Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Changes to firearms licence fee waiver
Restricted and prohibited licence holders required to pay prescribed fee as of September 18, 2012.

The Government of Canada has announced changes to the firearms licence fee waiver.

Licences with Restricted/Prohibited Privileges:

A fee waiver for renewal of Possession Only Licences (POL) and Possession and Acquisition Licences (PAL) with restricted/prohibited firearm privileges is in effect until September 17, 2012.

Individuals who renew their restricted or prohibited class POL or PAL on or after September 18, 2012, will be required to pay the renewal fee. Individuals who add restricted and/or prohibited privileges to their licence on or after that date will also be required to pay the fee.

Licences with Non-Restricted Privileges ONLY:

A fee waiver, applicable to licences with non-restricted firearm privileges only, is in effect until May 16, 2013. This waiver applies to:

individuals renewing their Possession Only Licence (POL) or Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL),
individuals upgrading their POL to a PAL,
individuals obtaining a new POL or PAL after their previous one expired, or
minors renewing their Minor�s Licence.

GB1

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fees for Firearm Documents
Important Information on Firearms Licence Fee Waivers for IndividualsIndividuals
Canadian Residents
Renewal of a Possession Only Licence (POL) for firearms - $60

Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) for firearms (If a PAL is issued for more than one class of firearm, the fee payable is the greatest of the appropriate fees.)
non-restricted firearms - $60
restricted firearms - $80
prohibited firearms - $80
Possession licence for firearms for individuals who are less than 18 years old
for a period of up to one year - $10
for a period of more than one year but not more than two years - $20
for a period of more than two years - $30

Top of PageNon-residents
Non-resident�s 60-day possession licence (borrowed firearms) - $30
Confirmed Non-Resident Firearm Declaration - $25
No fee required
Authorization to Transport
Register or transfer a firearm
Lost or damaged documents

Top of PageFirearms Licence - POL or PAL - $25
Firearms Licence � Minor - $10
Temporary Borrowing Licence - $25
60-day or 1 year non-resident confirmed declaration - $25
NOTE: If you are requesting replacement of your firearms licence with non-restricted privileges and the Chief Firearms Officer of your province or territory determined that a fee waiver applied because you need the firearms to hunt or trap in order to sustain yourself or your family, then the fee is waived for replacing your licence. The fee waiver does not apply to replacement of a firearms licence with restricted or prohibited privileges.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
So, the Harper administration is discriminating against we who choose to own handguns and has increased the fee for the mandatory licence to do so,eh?

That figures just as does his massive increase in the numbers of "foreign workers" and illigal migrants allowed entry to Canada,....keep the serf's wages down and slowly make it impossible for them to own anything except singleshot .22s and "longtoms",eh.....just another corporate fascist hawg at the taxpayer's trough!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fees have always been in place. The Liberals were in power when they set the fee structure. The fees have just been waived for years. They were trying to encourage gun owners with no licenses to get their PAL's.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I know, I was among those Canucks who fought against the original F.A.C. back in the 1970s and actually was writing to various M.Ps and M.L.A.s concerning gun issues starting in spring, 1968.

The fees, IIRC,were $50.00 and are now $80.00???? In any event, Harper,has been a great disappoinment to me, a Conservative-Reform voter since 1984 and his lack of action on his promises about building the Canadian Forces back to where they should be, his closures of vital Coast Guard bases and his attacks upon environmental leglislation are only some of the reasons I have come to despise him.

He is, as with the Lieberals, just another cheap,political whore and Canada, needs better than that as this country is falling apart and I, for one, am both angry and disgusted by that.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Lets face it Kutenay, you despise everone. Your holier than thou act is sickening.

Jim

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Aw,gee,here we have this computer commando with his foolish and false comments from Ontario, where, he seems unable to make any contribution to the discussion except a stupid jab at me.

I have a simple attitude toward guys like you and it is, haw,haw,haw, you make me laugh.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's good, maybe you will lighten up a bit. I've been around quite a bit longer than you have so I have a bit of an idea what goes on.

Have a good weekend.

Jim

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Age, in and of itself, is not a determinant of wisdom and erudtion is not gained from making "ad hominem" comments about one who is a stranger.

My weekend started with a gun deal which brings me a very choice Brno ZG-47 factory-chambered in 9.3x62 which will be a "spare" to the Martini-customized one of these that I already have. For a serious gunnut,who appreciates the really fine specimens of the "meisterbuschenmacher's" art, this makes the weekend a tremendous one!

You have one, too!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Make a difference Kute. Start a different party and make a sinificant difference in Canada. (If you can find some other like-minded people) Not a kick, just a nudge - you can enter the political arena.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The issue is not ... a political party..., Keith, it has to do with the moral decadence and ethical ambivalence of our age and this has been an increasingly destructive force in cultural terms since the '60s started. What we need, is a spiritual renaissance and I do not mean in simply religious terms and, frankly, I think that only a major disaster will initiate such a rebirth of basic moral decency.

Me, in politics to be elected? Hah, I could not get elected dogcatcher for a village of 100 souls and several idiots! I have no illusions about Canada or where our nation is headed and since my 66th birthday is at the end of June, I think that I am not really the sort of citizen that most contemporary people would even consider voting for.

That aside, have any here read about or heard of this group, "Canada First"?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gentlemen,politics is frustrating, messy thing. I have yet to see my perfect canadate for any office. It looks like you have to pick the best one, and give support.In the US, that means cash.Ironic,often the reason for involvement is a financial strain in the first place. As to Keith's new party,kidding or not,it appears that Canada needs fewer, not more partys.As allways I am ready to be corrected.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by kutenay
I know, I was among those Canucks who fought against the original F.A.C. back in the 1970s and actually was writing to various M.Ps and M.L.A.s concerning gun issues starting in spring, 1968.

The fees, IIRC,were $50.00 and are now $80.00???? In any event, Harper,has been a great disappoinment to me, a Conservative-Reform voter since 1984 and his lack of action on his promises about building the Canadian Forces back to where they should be, his closures of vital Coast Guard bases and his attacks upon environmental leglislation are only some of the reasons I have come to despise him.

He is, as with the Lieberals, just another cheap,political whore and Canada, needs better than that as this country is falling apart and I, for one, am both angry and disgusted by that.

Now I am not a fan nor follower of any political party, but I must ask.... Who in your " esteemed " opinion could do a better job than our current government ??
Would that person be " Retro " Thomas Mulcair or perhaps " Brylcreem " Bob Rae ??
Sometimes you come across like a " pinko " NDP heeler... Please clarify your position.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
In Canada, we have two liberal parties and one conservative, and the party with the name liberal is not the most liberal. This past election, they both could not defeat the conservative side. No there is no perfect political party, and yes my challenge to kute to form another one was tongue in cheek somewhat, but criticism alone won't change the direction things are going. It will take action, and more than jaw action. And certainly more than just words on a predominantly USA forum.

I am not diametrically opposed to a user fee for licences. It offsets the waste of the whole registry thing, and users should pay the cost. That is a big ill in our communities -- I don't golf or curl, but my municipal taxes go to pay for those who do, so they pay a limited user fee. My shooting range is self supported as far as I know, on the memberships of the users.

Last edited by the_shootist; 05/20/12.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I agree and that is why I have written scores of carefully worded, polite and factual letters to federal, provincial and even municipal politicians for some 44 years on gun control as well as assisted many younger and illiterate shooters to do so. I have attended many meetings, the last some three months ago with Gary Mauser, whom I have known and occasionally worked with for over 25 years and still do try to take whatever action I think will bring results.

However, most people concerned with the entire gun issue have firm opinions and will not change these unless they are politicians who can be "bought" by convincing them that there are VOTES to be had by helping we gun owners to free our nation from these onerous and ineffective gun laws. This, may be the crux of the whole issue and it takes a lot of ...jaw action... to persuade politicians to see our side of the issue.

I also do not really want my taxes to go for sports, arts and I resent subsidizing religious institutions through tax exemptions on church property...got my azz whipped for saying that when a young pupil in a religious school...but, that is how our society is structured and even if all of you fine gents were to elect me "PM" of our fair land, as I just know you are eager to do, there would still have to be some such tax funded situations, nothing comes for free.

So, I kinda wonder,should it be the "Kootenay Green Party" and would our brother Keith vote for that policy.........

wink wink wink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think the church should fund itself entirely on the freewill offerings of the membership. I couldn't care less whether the govenment gives charitable status to a church -- would prefer they didn't as I can see the day coming when government will try to control the pulpits for their charitable status, and that is wrong. Amongst the "religious" I suppose I am a radical. wink

Brother Keith

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yer in good company brother Kieth,from what I remember Jesus was considered a radical too....

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kutenay
The issue is not ... a political party..., Keith, it has to do with the moral decadence and ethical ambivalence of our age and this has been an increasingly destructive force in cultural terms since the '60s started. What we need, is a spiritual renaissance and I do not mean in simply religious terms and, frankly, I think that only a major disaster will initiate such a rebirth of basic moral decency.

Me, in politics to be elected? Hah, I could not get elected dogcatcher for a village of 100 souls and several idiots! I have no illusions about Canada or where our nation is headed and since my 66th birthday is at the end of June, I think that I am not really the sort of citizen that most contemporary people would even consider voting for.

That aside, have any here read about or heard of this group, "Canada First"?

You would make a fine dog catcher! ;-)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,827
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.