Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well I have learned a lot. I have lived south of I-10 and I now live north of I-90. I have enjoyed the people and food when in the South. Never realized I was causing locals stress. I will do my best to never go back so filth like my northern self will not stress you again.

I will see if I can disown those relatives on my mothers side who died fighting for you all.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I've lived a few places and for me, the heat in the midwest is about as miserable as heat can get. But I never did fully understand everybody dropping like flies every year around Chicago.

Travis

Try Shreveport, LA on for size. I've lived in Scottsdale, AZ, Fresno, CA, and West TX to name a few. Shreveport is the hottest freaking place in America as far as I'm concerned. Brutal heat and humidity.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Scott, I don't think it's as much a north/south thing as someone moving to or visiting some place and expecting everyone to conform to them. One post was about folks in Maine dealing with it from other people coming up the Maine and wanting to change things to suit the new arrivals.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Jeez guys, lighten up, we were just funning with you. Nobody's going to shoot at you down here, we quit that stuff a long time ago. We like yankees now, you guys don't complain when we serve you cheap beer and we can make a couple of hours sport out of getting you to say the word "creek".

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
.....and we can make a couple of hours sport out of getting you to say the word "creek".

You mean crik?

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
Never realized I was causing locals stress.
I suspect you weren't.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by deflave
I've lived a few places and for me, the heat in the midwest is about as miserable as heat can get. But I never did fully understand everybody dropping like flies every year around Chicago.

Travis

Try Shreveport, LA on for size. I've lived in Scottsdale, AZ, Fresno, CA, and West TX to name a few. Shreveport is the hottest freaking place in America as far as I'm concerned. Brutal heat and humidity.

Me, myself and I just finished discussing this. We determined your opinion is wrong.

Let the cage match begin.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dallas has to have the worst year round weather of any place.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've had this discussion with others as well as myself. It comes down to personal preferences and priorities.

I apply the concept of number of decent outdoor days per year, but even that is subjective.

I've lived in New Orleans and now in the midwest. For weather (and food!), I'll take NOLA, but thse days with advancing age I handle heat better than cold. Midwestern weather just plain sucks, and it's hard on your house too. It's the extremes. Since 2008 it's cost me about $18,000 in uncovered damage to my modest house.

Best all-around climate I've lived in is southern Colorado. Wind is the only downside, but it beats tornados.

Paul

Last edited by Paul39; 05/22/12.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chris375
That's OK, all you Southerners think us Yoopers are Canadian just becuse we end our sentences with "Hey".

that'll be enough out of you, McKenzie...eh?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6 months of muggy summer here does get old after a while. Heat would be fine, but the humidity just amplifies things. I've been to many outdoor events at night where temperatures were down in the 80's but your clothes are soaked in half an hour. It can be uncomfortable but last summer was downright dangerous.....

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I caught a game in Shreveport in '86 and lost 12 lbs. July 4th, afternoon game. Luckily I gained 10 of it back by the next day.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.