Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am sure most folks here are familiar with the controversy regarding McMillan and Bank Of America.
I just want to fill you folks on something else that you may have missed.

Apparently Bass Pro Shops received a lot of feedback about BofA's anti 2a stance as they are the bank that back the Bass Pro Shops credit card.
In response to that Bass Pro Shops issued a statement saying that Kelly McMillan had either "misunderstood or misrepresented" what BofA had told him in the meeting with him. Then Bass Pro Shops said that they would not officially take a side.
So basically they called Kelly McMillan either a liar or a fool.
Nice.

I posted this on the Bass Pro Shops facebook page and encourage anyone else who feels strongly to do similar.

Massive thumbs down to Bass Pro Shops!
I have been a long time customer of your business, even before the store in Mesa, Arizona opened. When I was a kid I used to read your catalogs like they were gospel... taking in every page.
However with no regrets I must tell you now I will NEVER spend another pen...ny with your stores. I say this becuase of how Bass Pro Shops has reacted in regards to the McMillan/BofA controversy.
I understand that Bass Pro Shops has no "official" opinion or stance regarding the fact that Bank of America does not want McMillan as a customer due the fact that McMillan manufactures firearms. I understand not taking a side on that esepcially given that the Bass Pro Shops credit cards are issued through BofA.
However when you issue a statement saying effect that Kelly McMillan "either misunderstood or misrepresented what BofA stated in their meeting"....well then quite frankly you are taking a side and its pretty clear which one it is.
You statement attempts to call into question the intergrity and competance of not only Kelly McMillan himself, but McMillan as a company as well.
Shame on Bass Pro Shops as a company for deriding an independent American owned business that not only supplies fine American made products to sportsmen/women, but provides items to the mutliple branches of the U.S. Military and law enforcement agencies.
I hereby pledge to never spend another cent in with your stores, mailorder, or online. I will also due my best to ensure that everyone I know whether involved in hunting/fishing or not will now know exactly why I feel this way, and they will be encourage to the same.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could follow suit, but do you know where else to get Uncle Joe's flies brand of trout spinners? They are mega deadly out here.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Argh! Thanks for the info. A little protest would be in order to voice an opinion. Safariman; you should go with panther martins for a little bit. smile

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Panther Martins are my spinner of choice! Only problem is that they are made in China, Mepps are made in frogland.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for ruining it for me. Mine are old though so they may be made in USA. You can always dig worms or tie flies.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My Bass Pro Card charges me 19% interest. My Cabelas card charges me 9% interest. Guess which one I use? The only reason I got the BP card is that they gave me a 150.00 discount on a Benelli when I opened the account. I didnt know BOA issued the BP credit cards. I piad it off and will probably never use that card again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brinky72
Thanks for ruining it for me. Mine are old though so they may be made in USA. You can always dig worms or tie flies.

But a worm skewered through BOTH sets of hooks (uncle Joe's spinners have a trailer hook as well) on a Joe's Flies golden spinner with its tail floppin all around behind the lure? My oh MY what a trout killin set up!

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
FZY Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by safariman
I could follow suit, but do you know where else to get Uncle Joe's flies brand of trout spinners? They are mega deadly out here.

You can buy them here http://www.joesflies.com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THANKS! I just saved that paged to my favorites and will be amking an order today or tomorrow. They really ARE more deadly than my typical Mepps, Blue Fox, Rooster Tail and Apnther MArtins. I have and ahve used all of those a goodly amount the past 40 years or so. Discovered the Joe's Flies double hookset spinners two years ago and really love 'em. MADE IN THE USA too!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I won't shop Bass Pro Shops either...

Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Auger01
My Bass Pro Card charges me 19% interest. My Cabelas card charges me 9% interest. Guess which one I use? The only reason I got the BP card is that they gave me a 150.00 discount on a Benelli when I opened the account. I didnt know BOA issued the BP credit cards. I piad it off and will probably never use that card again.

For almost ten years now, my BOA card has been at 5.9%. Never had any problem with them and don't know of any other card with as low a fixed interest rate. When I find it, I'll switch.

Anyone got a link to Bass Pro Shops mention of mcmillan/BOA?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ill go this far - I'll never buy a firearm from 'em, or ever apply for their card (which I wouldn't anyway).

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Anyone got a link to Bass Pro Shops mention of mcmillan/BOA?

I am sorry I don't have a link to it.
The original comment from Bass Pro was posted on their facebook page just over a week ago, and I can no longer find it.
It has been addressed a couple of times by Kelly McMillan on the McMillan Group's page.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I try to support the local shops as much as I can over the Bass Pro Shop. In the South East we don't have the option of going to Cabelas because there isn't one. So if you need it and the small shop doesn't carry it, it is either a trip to Bass Pro or order it and wait.

Harry
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I only use cash at Bass Pro to buy ammo and accessories when they are on sale. I would never have one of their credit cards.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thomas,
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how my conversation was going to go. I have two BofA cards. One is in fact a BPS card as there is a BPS less than 10 minutes from home. The other BofA card I almost never use but the BPS card I use everytime I shop there or anywhere that doesn't take Discover. I also use(d) it for business. I made a business trip recently and haven't gotten that bill yet. It is and was my intention to pay that bill and then go into BPS and get a direct answer as to their response. The fact they would continue to use BofA as their card provider astounds me. I intend to cash in my points, spend them then and there and likewise never purchase another thing from BPS. I'll then immediately cancel both cards in two separate phone calls (to double the fun) to BofA clearly telling them why.
It is absolutely amazing to me how few people will take any stand at all on such things. I have friends who have the card and when told of BofA's actions simply shrugged their shoulders. Yet we all whizz and moan at the erosion of the 2A but 95% won't lift one finger to do a single thing about it. mad We absolutely 100% deserve what we get.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
credit cards are bad...

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DayPacker
credit cards are bad...
For some folks I guess. I haven't had a balance in over 20 years (at least) and the points on my Discover card are flying my family to Colorado for vacation.
Discipline is a lost art.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DayPacker
credit cards are bad...

unfortunately its near impossible to use checks outside the town you live in anymore......last summer we tried to casha business check in major city in Montana on a Thursday morning and could not get it done even though the banks down there could call my home bank and confirm funds......after going to 5 different banks we wound up having to drive 35 miles down the road to a small town where our local bank had a branch.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I find the big box sporting goods stores to be more expensive, than the local stores for the goods I shop for. Sale prices at Cabelas and Bass pro are about what I would pay at my local shops.
Too much Chinky chit.
Support your local shop while they are still around.
Cisco

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.