Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Is it just me?

Damn I hate the looks of all the new pick ups.
Bulges, boxy looking, plastic everywhere.

I may have to buy a new one soon and am trying to cope with the new reality.

I drive A LOT.
Mileage and reliability are going to be my top criteria in finding a new ride.
I don't haul heavy trailers anymore, I'm going to retire soon and though I've liked full sized pickups most of my life, I am willing to downsize.

Silverado 1500?

F-150?

Or a rice burner?

Toyota Tacoma 4 door?

If you guys had to start over what would it be?
This ain't ugly to me:

[Linked Image]

And if I were to 'start over', I'd buy it's twin...

Let's see Toyota build that! I'm still laughing (better product).

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's some instructions for your "better product"

http://www.toyota.com/recall/pedal.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys driving Toyota's

Thing that tickles me to no end 'bout proud 'Yota owners is when they get to braggin' bout the virtues of their wonderous 5.7 liter.

I already know, 'cause I ran 'em when they were GM's (for forty-plus years). grin grin grin

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have driven Chevy trucks for almost 40 years. The last buy was a new Nissan Frontier. I liked the size, price and gas milage. It had a heavier towing capacity than the standard size Chevy and the turning radius was shorter. To cap it off the Chevy dealer I was working with on the truck I had picked out, thought he could keep me waiting for an hour or so while he left to work with a customer that came in after I did. So I bought a Nissan.
Only problem is that the Nissan will dent if someone just parks close to it. I think it is a flinch reflex the Japanese built into it. I picked up two dents the first week I had it.

Harry
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What gets me is how Detroiters don't get how much the repair bills on the big 3 trucks hurt the rest of the country.

I've got several million miles on Toyotas with 1 breakdown, 1, period. A bad power steering pump on an '04.

I buy GM full size for my business, I need 3/4 and 1 tons. Otherwise it would be 15 Tundras outside my shop.

How anyone can say GM's ride well is beyond me. Even the few 1500's I have ride like the proverbial log truck.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd take the 1/2 ton GM's ride over the vast majority of cars - to include "luxury" sedans.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Tell Micheal Moore about it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I just bought a 4 door Tacoma, my 3rd Tacoma and I like the 4 door model but I'd rather a regular cab for playing in the woods a bunch.

I'm sure there is a reason to purchase a 2wd truck I just don't know what that would be.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'm sure there is a reason to purchase a 2wd truck I just don't know what that would be.
Maybe just to save money - especially in states with no snow/ice issues..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Mako25

Thing that tickles me to no end 'bout proud 'Yota owners is when they get to braggin' bout the virtues of their wonderous 5.7 liter.

I already know, 'cause I ran 'em when they were GM's (for forty-plus years). grin grin grin

The gm 5.7l gets ate up by the Toyota 5.7l 10 of 10 times. Not even close.

Last edited by tzone; 05/23/12.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Tundra is uglier than Rosie O'Donnells arse. Other than that, it's fine.

Love the looks of the Sierra, but I won't buy another GM until they are no longer Government Motors.

Tacoma has a terrible ride, worse handling, gutless engine. It's cheap though.

F-150 Good truck, but way overpriced now.

Ram - It's still a Dodge.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hadn't looked at Ford until recently when a co-worker of mine just picked up an F-150 with eco-boost. A very impressive vehicle that is getting 23 mpg on the highway with lots of room. I had been looking at the Tacomas, but after putting our family of 4 in one for a test drive I could tell it wouldn't be much fun riding any distance and the mpg was less than the fullsize Ford.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by tzone

The gm 5.7l get ate up by the Toyota 5.7l 10 of 10 times. Not even close.

Hasn't been a 5.7L GM truck engine in over a decade, so I'm not sure what you're comparing.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cooperfan
You guys driving Toyota's and Nissan's make me sick. I know I'm biased living in Detroit area, but geez

I have a 2002 z71 sitting in my driveway,I bought it thinking I was supporting my fellow Americans,

When I found out it was made in Mexico with Chinese parts, Well,You have no Idea how pissed I was.

BY coincidence, it happens to likely to be the most troublesome rusted POS I have ever owned,

Last week was power window regulators, this week right front bearing.

As I have fixed many of these issue's myself, I just laugh when Dealership and supply houses recommend OEM parts,

In my repairs I have seen the crap parts GM used to build these vehicles.

Simple things like the tailgate cables, an immediate recall back in 02-04 because the cables were snapping from just lowering the tailgate,

I replaced the window regulator last week, GM's ideas inside that door were as cheap as possible, The speakers were mounted on the thinnest cheapest support I have ever seen, naturally the supports were broke and the speakers were hanging inside the door by their wires.

Lifelong GM fan here, but things are really, really, messed up, with the entire Auto industry in general.

35k for a vehicle built in Mexico with Chinese crap parts, Explain that to me please.........

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Hasn't been a 5.7L GM truck engine in over a decade, so I'm not sure what you're comparing.....

I think that was tzone's point, that the only thing the old GM 5.7 and the newer Toyota 5.7 have in common is similar displacement.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where did cooperfan go?

I want answers.........

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Get the 4dr tacoma with the long bed and the tow package. I have the short bed and its plenty 99% of the time but there is alwasy the 1% where the extra foot would be nice. Anyhow, I liked the full sized trucks but didnt want to pay the gas bill. I average 19-20 in the city and 22.5 on the highway running about 72-73. Tacoma is a good truck especially if you dont need a full size.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Foxbat

I think that was tzone's point, that the only thing the old GM 5.7 and the newer Toyota 5.7 have in common is similar displacement.

Perhaps that is what he meant.

Just crazy all these comparisons (by anyone) of engines and trucks between today and even just a decade ago. The technology has changed so much.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kenneth
You guys driving Toyota's and Nissan's make me sick. I know I'm biased living in Detroit area, but geez

I have a 2002 z71 sitting in my driveway,I bought it thinking I was supporting my fellow Americans,

When I found out it was made in Mexico with Chinese parts, Well,You have no Idea how pissed I was.

BY coincidence, it happens to likely to be the most troublesome rusted POS I have ever owned,

Last week was power window regulators, this week right front bearing.

As I have fixed many of these issue's myself, I just laugh when Dealership and supply houses recommend OEM parts,

In my repairs I have seen the crap parts GM used to build these vehicles.

Simple things like the tailgate cables, an immediate recall back in 02-04 because the cables were snapping from just lowering the tailgate,

I replaced the window regulator last week, GM's ideas inside that door were as cheap as possible, The speakers were mounted on the thinnest cheapest support I have ever seen, naturally the supports were broke and the speakers were hanging inside the door by their wires.

Lifelong GM fan here, but things are really, really, messed up, with the entire Auto industry in general.

35k for a vehicle built in Mexico with Chinese crap parts, Explain that to me please.........
yeah, but you're helping the Big-O too as a sweet bonus.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I got sick of paying for Detroit junk. So I guess we're even.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,714
Posts18,475,547
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.