Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by JDK
I will take reliability over looks any day.

I have both.. laugh laugh

You? or the truck? whistle

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually -- Tacoma production is being moved to San Antonio after GM tried to dump the union plant in Fremont on them... They open production there in July.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Can anyone really gain any useful info from topics like these?

For every 10 dudes that have had a Ford that went 300K without a single breakdown, there are 10 more with sob stories about the POS Ford they've owned.

Same thing goes for GM,Dodge,Toyota,Nissan,etc.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One of the real advantages to the new trucks it their windshields stay a lot cleaner. They are so butt ugly no self respecting bug will hit one.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Actually -- Tacoma production is being moved to San Antonio after GM tried to dump the union plant in Fremont on them... They open production there in July.

Just going on what I saw on the window stickers on the 2011 and 2012. Moving to the San Antonio plant would be a great idea. I hope they start importing the diesel version. I will be the first to lineup when they do

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Just going on what I saw on the window stickers on the 2011 and 2012. Moving to the San Antonio plant would be a great idea. I hope they start importing the diesel version. I will be the first to lineup when they do

I'm with ya there...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Toyota trucks are the cheapest built... most car like truck on the road, frames rusting in two , tailgates that Break in two. I wonder what all the men that lost there lives at Pearl Harbor would think!!! You can have your Toyota junk confused

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not much chance. EPA thinks 50 MPG diesel is worse than 15 MPG gas. Our brain trust at work. frown

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by LRW
Toyota trucks are the cheapest built... most car like truck on the road, frames rusting in two , tailgates that Break in two. I wonder what all the men that lost there lives at Pearl Harbor would think!!! You can have your Toyota junk confused

Yep and the resale value on Toyotas reflect that. Spoken by someone that never owned or drove one. WHat Planet do you live on?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LRW

Can't speak for the dead guys, but the live ones I know felt that way for about 50 years, then they realized they were getting screwed more by America than by other countries. I got news for all the "junk" haters...putting down the other guys stuff, don't make your stuff any better.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
More of the Toyota truck is made in the USA by Americans than any other truck according to what I have read.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by LRW

Yep and the resale value on Toyotas reflect that. Spoken by someone that never owned or drove one. WHat Planet do you live on?

I Have owned several.. all cheap built. As far as resale value, there is a sucker born every second. As for the planet I live on... not sure anymore with all the aliens around here. crazy

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by LRW
Originally Posted by LRW

I Have owned several.. all cheap built. As far as resale value, there is a sucker born every second. As for the planet I live on... not sure anymore with all the aliens around here. crazy

Yea they are POS they only go 1/2million miles properly maintained. Well if you bought several then you must qualify as a sucker. BTW name something better built then a Toyota truck.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LRW

Hilarious actually -

Do some research chief -

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
More of the Toyota truck is made in the USA by Americans than any other truck according to what I have read.

Yup, manufactured right here with 80% American made parts.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LRW

Shhhh! Not so loud! My Tundra might hear you and get the crazy notion that it's not an excellent truck!

I'll grant that it has a soft ride and is very quiet inside. These are GOOD things for the 99% of the time that most trucks are being used as, well, cars. However I've hauled ~2000 lbs in mine many times and it does just fine.

I have a tale of how well-engineered the driveline is, but I'm mentally cringing at the thought of reliving my world-class stupidity.... keep saying how bad they are and I might just have to dredge it back out. Suffice it to say... they are pretty damn bulletproof.

(talking '06 here; I have no experience with the newer ones)

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/23/12.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My chance of ever buying another truck are exactly equal to my chances to winning the lottery but if I did I woule look hard at Toyota.

My oldest son, another truck driver, and I have joked about if we ever won the lottery that we would buy single screw Kenworth tractors with studio sleepers, remove the fifth wheel and replace it with a pickup bed. It would put all you southern boys into redneck shame. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't like mine that much... just buying MADE IN AMERICA by AMERICANS. smile

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yeap... I was a sucker, and so are you if you think a Toyota is better than anything else, The new Fords are the best on the road right Now!!! that may change.. next year with the next generation Chevy. Show me one with a 1/2 million miles. I have seen a few with 300,000 worn slap out!!! I have also seen a few Fords and Chevys with 300,000 they where worn slap out also. They all last about the same if you take care of them, but two me Ford and Chevy and Dodge are built stronger.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're probably right there, but that's not how I drive. I don't need half a million miles on a vehicle. I need 50k off road, and that's where the Toyotas shine.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,163
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.