Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I would hunt with him in a new york minute. I'm sure he could teach me a few (no,Many)things on coyote calling and killing. Sure do wish they would make some shows in the East but then again they probably wouldn't call or see many like out west. In the East they would probably be calling in house cats and dogs with a few yotes. lol As far as being a douche I don't think he is. You gotta do what you got to. Sponsers Suck

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i try to mimic the calls he makes

i bought one of his ruffie dogs over the phone and talked to him

he seemed like a nice guy

the guy who talks before the commercials and says " the big dogs come in on a string " or whatever makes me want to puke

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never seen any of those "coyote calling shows" where anybody knew anything about coyotes.....

SS-Then you don't know Byron South (Coming to the Call), Gary Roberson (Burnham Brothers & Carnivore), or Jeff Thomason (Predator Pursuit).

As far as the "pimping" remarks directed at Byron up above, they are totally inaccurate and do not even come close to what happened.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
my old buddy savage (trained many of the gov't trappers), recommended randy anderson's dvd--the truth 6--so in a first for me, i bought one--really enjoyed the way it was done; the spirit, the attitude, the misses, the segments with shawn heyden, etc.

a very good dvd--can't comment on the rest of them, as i'm ignorant of what these guys can do.

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
"As far as the "pimping" remarks directed at Byron up above, they are totally inaccurate and do not even come close to what happened."

I'm all ears...

I've met Byron and talked to him on the phone one time. He's a decent guy but as it is in "the business" he pimps just like the rest of them do. Whoever sponsors them has the best products.

I don't spend my money chasing the latest gadget that will make me a better hunter and that's all these shows are, infomercials.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Byron only left FOXPRO, some time back I might add, after they started making their own decoys. He was using a FOXPRO caller and the MOJO Critter decoy and wanted to continue using the MOJO even though FOXPRO was his major sponsor. They agreed amicably to part ways and MOJO became Byron's primary sponsor instead of a secondary sponsor. He then went to work with Terry and the MOJO team to develop the new MOJO Double Trouble caller. He uses the Double Trouble because he helped develop it and believes in it.

Byron is a friend of mine. I have known him now for ten years. He is an honorable and honest man. He also knows more about successfully calling predators than most of the folks here. He is not a blow hard and does not go about tooting his own horn. He is the real deal, as are the other gentlemen I mentioned above.

Spend your money where you will. Nobody is stopping you.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks for the info, please take note that I never referred to him as a blow hard or said anything about him other than he left FP and was pimping MOJO. Anyone who is in the game pimps products for their sponsors.

Don't try to make it anything other than it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know you weren't calling him a blow hard.

We will just have to disagree on all of them being pimps. I know several men "in the business" that choose their sponsors because they believe in their products, not the other way around. I won't argue that there are a lot of folks on TV, maybe most, that do indeed blow with the wind.

Good Hunting!

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by TWR
"I hunt coyotes for fun. If I thought I could make a living at it I would use: Savage rifles, Nosler bullets, Leupold scopes, Mossy Oak Camo, Chevy trucks, Lacrosse Boots, Etc."

No, you would use whatever products your sponsors told you to use. Sad fact, it's all about the money, not the sport.

The worse part is when they change sponsorship, it's clear to see the used car salesman come out in all of them.

Thats the point I was trying to make smile

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
As some one stated earlier, the TV channels don't support the shows..each show must drum up support to get the show on the air..so it is easy to see why Les and the others spend so much time on products..Les is a great coyote hunter and really nice guy..for several years he lived in the same town I do, and he still returns every so often..I will say in real life he is different from his TV show..but in my association with him he is an excellent hunter, and nice guy...

Molon Labe
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I grew up with les living only a couple of miles away from my folks. He and Jeff are nice guys who are dedicated to varmit shooting and I've hunted with both of them. Not on a real regular basis cause I was more into prairie dog shooting, but enough. Before the commercialization, a good friend of ours who used to be an aerospace engineer and is now a hell of a gunsmith dedicated to accurate rifles, built les a custom 22 X 6mm for the contests. He knows and has used the type of rifles a " rifle loony" would buy.
Dan

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 260Remguy, 358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 2,090 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,682
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.