Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by cooperfan
They are a world wide company headquartered in Peoria Illinois, Azz Clown

Isnt Cooper the azzwhole who said we should all line up to kiss Obama's ass?

pack sand ,fool. laugh

Dont know if it was him or not. Acts like some young kid, just got out of school, got a good job, and has schit for brains.

Never did find out if he voted for osamie or not.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by tzone

The gm 5.7l get ate up by the Toyota 5.7l 10 of 10 times. Not even close.

Hasn't been a 5.7L GM truck engine in over a decade, so I'm not sure what you're comparing.....

I think that was tzone's point, that the only thing the old GM 5.7 and the newer Toyota 5.7 have in common is similar displacement.

Perhaps that is what he meant.

Just crazy all these comparisons (by anyone) of engines and trucks between today and even just a decade ago. The technology has changed so much.

That was my point. You really can't compare it anymore. The new motors, on all the trucks are so much more powerful, with less. You'd have to mod the hell out of a chey 350 (5.7l) to get the 400hp that Toyota gets now. Same can be said for the Ford 5.0. Same displacement as the old motor, much, much better technology and a better product, imo.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tundra is uglier than Rosie O'Donnells arse. Other than that, it's fine.

Love the looks of the Sierra, but I won't buy another GM until they are no longer Government Motors.

Tacoma has a terrible ride, worse handling, gutless engine. It's cheap though.

F-150 Good truck, but way overpriced now.

Ram - It's still a Dodge.

You're joking right? You're kidding right? You're just trying to be funny, right? Tundras, ugly????????? What are you looking at? At least they don't look like a shoe box or a brick going down the road like the big 3 do. Tundra has sleek, smooth lines. Rounded hood, fenders, and roof. They have some styling at least. They look like they are ready for the track... Not like a loaf of bread going down the road like the boxie, big 3 do. You make me laugh. Jealous I guess.

Last edited by hunter01; 05/23/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wyoguide
Unless you need to tow a lot, Toyota is it in the 1/2 ton or less market

My Tundra has a 10,600 lbs towing capacity. That's not to shabby...I'm on my 4th Tundra. Have loved them all, never hada bit of trouble with ANY of them. They are reliable. Voted the most reliable full size pick up for the last 6 years in a row. I'll take reliability anytime. And I get that from Toyota. We are on out 4 Camry XLE too. Love those Toyotas. Bullet proof.

Last edited by hunter01; 05/23/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LRW
Toyota trucks are the cheapest built... most car like truck on the road, frames rusting in two , tailgates that Break in two. I wonder what all the men that lost there lives at Pearl Harbor would think!!! You can have your Toyota junk confused

Here we go again.....................................

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bought mine last year, Silverado 3500HD Duramax and Allison. Had an 06 that was great. Wife wanted a 5th wheel.. To big for the 2500HD. No issues now.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have owned F250 & Explorer, 2500 GMC Suburban & Yukon, Landcruiser & Tundra 4X4's plus Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge 2WD trucks. Explorer was completely free of any failures for the 3 years I owned it. GMC's were the most expensive to keep running w/ very early failures of stuff like w/s wiper motors and steering column bearings... Toyota quality has been noticeably higher than the others.

My 2000 V8 Tundra 4-dr extra cab seems the perfect size, able to take full-size plywood between the wheel wells, and is perhaps the most comfortable and nicest driver, but gets around 11.5 mpg around town.

Though I have no need for a new truck, I would look at the Tacoma, as the Tundra is now a much larger vehicle.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was told, on good authority, that the Ford 250's and 350's are getting a majorly facelift for 2013. I'm in the market, but I'm fixin' to wait for a look-see.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if Toyota made a 3/4 or one ton I would have one, but until then I am stuck with my 07 Chevy 2500 HD, I really don't like the truck but I have broke too many half ton axles. I really wish i could get a 3/4 ton Diesel Toyota

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If Toyota made three quarter and one ton trucks and the head up their asses EPA would allow new diesels then I am guessing Toyota would be unstoppable in the light truck market.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Toyota is headquartered in Aichi Japan. All of the profits from your sales go directly back to Japan and help strengthen that country and economy. I am utterly disgusted by what I am reading on this topic and surprised that some of you bash American companies like you have, you should be ashamed. You guys in the west are talking about assembly plants, well come here once and I will show you some plants shut down because of your buying decisions. I wouldn't give 2 cents for a Tacoma.

Who gives a [bleep] about your opinion? You are obviously an under-educated simpleton just chiming in.

Toyota has more plants in this country then the big 3 and they have a design center here as well. They have vendors located in this country which supply most of the parts used in these cars/trucks. They constantly upgrade state of the art factories here unlike GM,Ford and Chrysler which flee to other countries. If they made a pos like GM and GM made the better product then GM would be in demand and not the other way around. GM lays off people. Toyota hires people and builds plants even in a economic downturn. Toyota's net corporate profits go to Japan and the rest of the world that invests in their stock. They are the number 1 car company in the world for a reason.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I sell these, and I'm damn proud of it! Made in Texas, by an American company. Caterpillar

http://www.drivecat.com/

Cooperman I'm curious whats the ballpark on those CT 660's

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by hunter01
Tundra is uglier than Rosie O'Donnells arse. Other than that, it's fine.

Love the looks of the Sierra, but I won't buy another GM until they are no longer Government Motors.

Tacoma has a terrible ride, worse handling, gutless engine. It's cheap though.

F-150 Good truck, but way overpriced now.

Ram - It's still a Dodge.

You're joking right? You're kidding right? You're just trying to be funny, right? Tundras, ugly????????? What are you looking at? At least they don't look like a shoe box or a brick going down the road like the big 3 do. Tundra has sleek, smooth lines. Rounded hood, fenders, and roof. They have some styling at least. They look like they are ready for the track... Not like a loaf of bread going down the road like the boxie, big 3 do. You make me laugh. Jealous I guess.

Jealous? LOL not only are you a commie, you're not real bright. I have a 2009 $41K Hummer Alpha H3T and a 2011 $38K Toyota 4Runner Trail edition in my drive. That's not counting my wife's new $50k sport sedan or the 2009 $42k SUV I let my live in nanny drive.

I buy vehicles almost as often as I buy rifles. If I wanted a Tundra, I would buy one and may very well do so one day. It does not change the fact that they are currently fugly.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I require a manual transmission. I believe the only remaining fullsize truck with a manual is a 1 ton Dodge diesel. I don't want a diesel.

So ... I stick with my 2008 Nissan Frontier. It has pluses and minuses.

On-pavement, it's a good truck. Considering it has about 60 HP more than my dad's F150, it's no shock that gas mileage is not exceptional. On very long freeway trips on flat ground where I can run cruise control I approach 20 mpg. Flogging it around town, I get about 8-9. Long term average is probably about 18. Considering the truck's performance, I think that is ok. Good amenities, comfortable, reliable. Probably the only negative I'd say for on-pavement use is the turning radius is pretty bad for a truck its size.

Off highway, well, it's a good highway truck despite having Nissan's nismo offroad package ... 4 wheel limited slips, selectable locker, 4WD, skid plates, etc. All of the off-road features are poorly done. The 4WD is electronic, not manually select, and is quite slow to engage. Same for getting into 4Lo and engaging the locker. The limited slips are brake based rather than differential based so they work by slowing down the spinning tire, not by locking the spinning tire to the traction tire. The result is disappointing. The truck's wheel wells are tight front to rear so you can't add a small lift and bigger tires, you've got to either cut sheet metal or lift about 5 inches to put the whole larger tire UNDER the wheel well.

Basically, I'd say for primarily pavement use, where you don't have to parallel park a lot, and if you don't plan to modify it, the Nissan is a good truck. Otherwise, get something else.

If I didn't have that thing about hating automatic transmissions, I'd get an F250, then swap in taller but softer aftermarket springs.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Who gives a [bleep] about your opinion? You are obviously an under-educated simpleton just chiming in.

Toyota has more plants in this country then the big 3 and they have a design center here as well. They have vendors located in this country which supply most of the parts used in these cars/trucks. They constantly upgrade state of the art factories here unlike GM,Ford and Chrysler which flee to other countries. If they made a pos like GM and GM made the better product then GM would be in demand and not the other way around. GM lays off people. Toyota hires people and builds plants even in a economic downturn. Toyota's net corporate profits go to Japan and the rest of the world that invests in their stock. They are the number 1 car company in the world for a reason.

Where the hell did you pull that shyt from? GM alone has 3 times the number of assembly plants here in the U.S. as Toyota and 5+ times the total number of plants including engine and components.

Even smaller Ford has twice as many assembly plants here as Toyota.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Where the hell did you pull that shyt from? GM alone has 3 times the number of assembly plants here in the U.S. as Toyota and 5+ times the total number of plants including engine and components.

Even smaller Ford has twice as many assembly plants here as Toyota.

HERE WE GO AGAIN II.......................

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm surprised the resident communist buys Toyota. You'll get mugged in Youngstown if your UAW buddies find out you're disparaging Government Motors.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
U.S. Assembly Plants:

Toyota -

TMMMS
TMMK
TMMTX
TMMI

4.... that's it, unless someone knows of another that isn't listed.

GM -

Arlington
Bowling Green
Hamtranck
Fairfax II
Flint
Ft. Wayne
Lansing Delta
Lansing Grand River
Lordstown
Shreveport
Spring Hill (scheduled to reopen)
Wentzville

12 to 4, pretty [bleep] simple math even Toyota leg humpers can understand... or not.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Caterpillar trucks are NOT made by Caterpillar. THey are made for Cat by International/Navistar or whatever name International is using these days! They are marked/badged as Cat but you can buy the same truck with a Ford or GM nameplate on it, too. Cat got out of the truck business (highway) effective Jan. 1, 2009, and do not even make truck engines anymore. ALL of their truck engine manufacturing, design, engineering, etc,, including the plants making them was sold to Navistar, effective 1/1/2009. Cat DOES, under Navistar license, service them though! Please, just keep it straight. I've worked for Cat since 1/3/69. The only trucks currently made by Caaterpillar are OFF-ROAD trucks for construction and mining with capacities starting around 20 tons!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm surprised the resident communist buys Toyota. You'll get mugged in Youngstown if your UAW buddies find out you're disparaging Government Motors.

Hey azzhole, I've been following your posts in here for a while. You are one sick, twisited, mislead, ARROGANT guy..............You really like yourself, don't you...? Good thing, cuz nobody else does... GET HELP!

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.