Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats, looks like it is time to go fishing. cool

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
LeonHitchcox, you and I are in the same boat. I'm retiring after 25 years as a High School welding instructor. I'm only 48 yrs. old, so I can't retire for good, as a matter of fact, I start a new job June 4th. Best of luck with your retirement.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Thanks guys. It has been a long road. I have more seniority than anyone in the system with a total of 41 years in all. Three years as an aide while finishing my degree. Currently 61 and a half, so with my previously earned income (summer checks) I can easily make it to 62 and social security. When I went to Nashville for a retirement conference, I found out that when social security kicks in I will take home more money than I did working. That's not counting whatever I make working part time.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Congrats,enjoy life!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lucky lucky

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dang 37 years as a teacher, you sure have seen some changes. Thanks for doing a tough job.

26 + 12 = 38

What I can't figure out is why you'd want to work part-time after putting that many years in. Don't have enuff hobbies you enjoy?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, myself, I understand the missing the kids part... I hope you'll be able to adjust to that... and thank you for the teaching of our next generations for 38 years! a very admirable accomplishment....

I hope many of them have fond memories of the positive impact you have had on their lives...

and now onto enjoying life a little more for personal time...I am sure it is an adjustment, but it will have its benefits..

I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy them all...

you've done your community proud with 38 years of service, in an environment that you teachers don't always get the credit you deserve...

best regards
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
Congratulations and thank you for your faithful service to the education of our youth. That's not an easy job and often thankless: not a teacher here but have been married to one for going on 24 years. You have made a difference in many lives for the positive. Nothing can take that away from you. Enjoy your retirement.

Seconds on above

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Congratulations. From now on every day is a Saturday and every night is a Friday night. Enjoy your retirement to the fullest.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Enjoy your time.
Retirement is way under rated

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Well folks, I am headed out for my last official day of employment. I have been a fifth grade teacher for the last twelve years. That is after twenty-six years of eighth grade. Mixed emotions here. I have certainly been looking forward to this day, but I will really miss the kids.

Looks like a short retirement though. I have an interview for a part time job tomorrow.

Congratulations, sir!

Now prepare yourself to busier than you've ever been in your life. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How very fortunate you are sir!!
I want badly to get out of this so much at 62 but the money end,insurance issues,etc. are just not going to allow it.
I will be 60 years old this year and have now been working as a blue collar worker for 41 years and I am tired.
However I am closer to the end of all of this than ever before and am happy you are getting out at your current age.
Congratulations for hanging in there at it for so very long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
look at the other side "LeonHitchcox"...u could of worked in greece... u would have retired at 41 years old! (an just last week u could of throw'en rocks at the cops!) lol...as for that part time job what are u thinking of? and don't grade me on my gramer....:)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
My retirement takes place 15 months from now,,,and it scares the hell out of me! Each day closer, I wonder what I'm gonna do, other than go stir crazy. Guess I could be a greeter at Walmart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I work part time at Walmart. Talk to some of the employees at the store you are considering (if you do). There are four stores in our area and ours has the highest morale. The customers aren't as bad as most people think and there are good benefits.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am 62 and working part time. With my SS check I will be making almost as much as when I worked full time. Kinda nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations on your retirement, enjoy yourself.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats enjoy

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Congrats!

I was lucky that I had teachers that left a very good impression on me.
As for me, I have been retired for 37 years, I have a union job. grin
I can pull the pin anytime now, but married late, bought a house late, had a kid late in life, and I still enjoy my job somewhat, so will give it 3 more years I figure then will go.
It is nice though knowing if things turn real bad I can just call it quits. cool

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friends Brother-in-Law said he was getting a new job first thing when he retired. Then he was going to quit! He he had the same and only job his whole life. Didn't know what it was like to quit a job LOL

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,438
Posts18,489,412
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.