Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JBabcock
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
These threads on Christianity always bring to mind 1 thing. The Bible does NOT teach predestination. It teaches that every man has a free choice in whether to accept Christ or not. However, God is not bounded by time and He knows what that choice will be long before a person is even born. Note this scripture:

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Those who God knows will respond, He calls and the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth of the Word. For the rest, the Bible is foolishness. It's important to know, though, that the call can come at any time, even on the deathbed. A man in his last hours is free to change his mind. If he does, God will call him, even if he has a foot in the grave.

I believe the opposite Rock Chuck. I believe that if you haven't been chosen, you won't, and can't come to God. ...
You're missing a couple VERY important points in scripture. Jesus said it's God's will that NO MAN perish. If that's the case, why would HE predestine someone to hell? He'd be defeating his own purpose. Then in Romans 8, Paul said that God predestines those who He foreknows. He predestines, yes, but man still has the choice. Those predestined are those who will make the choice for Christ. God doesn't decide for us, He just knows in advance who they will be.
The Bible doesn't use the word predestine like we do. We take it to mean that the decision is made for us but Paul doesn't use it like that. Paul means that God is preparing a place for us in heaven when He knows that we will choose Christ.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Far as I can tell it amounts to the same thing, which ends up being predestination if you take it back far enough.For the record, I think your both wrong.

Last edited by xxclaro; 05/27/12.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
First they need to prove that Jesus was a real person.
Who are "they"? Those who began time again in honor of Jesus? No, I would guess they were convinced, not only that He was a real person but also the most important person in history. Of course, some can never be convinced. Pity, that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
First they need to prove that Jesus was a real person.
Who are "they"? Those who began time again in honor of Jesus? No, I would guess they were convinced, not only that He was a real person but also the most important person in history. Of course, some can never be convinced. Pity, that.

Actually there are self made [bleep] in this world who open minder reject Christ. I can live with it. They are just asking for what they get.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Kind or interesting that my daughter, born with Down's and a huge hole in her heard and diagnosed to live only a few weeks only received prayer in Jesus name is a healthy woman today with no Down's and no hole in her heart. Vancouver has the tissue samples that prove the Down's then tissue samples that show no Downs taken seven years later.

This is my proof.
[Linked Image]

Thats because Jesus loves you more than the hunderds of thousands of dead children from lukeima, polio, Aids, starvation, ectectect?
Wow. He is a loving god, huh?
If those stupid kids in the burn ward at the ronald mcdonald house just had parents who would pray for them...
Its so sad.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Originally Posted by ringworm
Would someone PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me one single solitary thing OTHER THAN THE BIBLE ITSELF...
That proves that Jesus exisited at all?
Just one thing.

No non-biblical references to a person or even an entire civilization doesn't prove they didn't exist. The Bible makes over 40 references to the Hittite Empire, but before 1906 there was no non-biblical references to the Hittite Empire and skeptics claimed it was just a Biblical myth. That changed when Hugo Winckler dug up over 10,000 clay tablets documenting the long lost Hittite Empire.

And when someone digs up something that proves Jesus existed I may revisit the idea. But for now he's filed between Bigfoot and Spiderman.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Why would you even be so angry over someone who didn't exist? If you really believed Jesus was no more important than bigfoot or spiderman you wouldn't protest his existence so strongly.

P
Plinker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
A terrible storm came and officials sent out a warning that the riverbanks would overflow and flood the town. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, �If I am in danger, then God will save me.�

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, �We�re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!� But the man declined. �God will save me.�

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, �Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!� But the man again said, �No thanks, God will save me.�

The flood waters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. �We will come up and rescue you!� they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, �God will save me!�

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. �God will save me!�

Shortly after, the house broke up and the flood waters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, �I put all of my faith in You. Why didn�t You come and save me?�

And God said, �I sent you a warning, I sent you a car, a canoe, a motorboat and a helicopter.�

The nay-sayers posting here are like the man that drowned. They can see the evidence but still choose to ignore it. They want God to be who they want Him to be and won't accept Him for who He is.

In a court of law, two pieces of evidence confirm a fact. But no amount of evidence will convince a hardened heart.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Would someone PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me one single solitary thing OTHER THAN THE BIBLE ITSELF...
Just one thing.

No non-biblical references to a person or even an entire civilization doesn't prove they didn't exist. The Bible makes over 40 references to the Hittite Empire, but before 1906 there was no non-biblical references to the Hittite Empire and skeptics claimed it was just a Biblical myth. That changed when Hugo Winckler dug up over 10,000 clay tablets documenting the long lost Hittite Empire.

And when someone digs up something that proves Jesus existed I may revisit the idea. But for now he's filed between Bigfoot and Spiderman.

The lack of non-Biblical record has been proven to be meaningless time and time again, and thus, it's an argument with no weight or credibility. Hang your hat on it if you like, just don't expect to persuade anyone else with it.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AND EVEN THEN>>>
Just one thing.
Or just explain the absence of extant reference to Jesus during his lifetime and the scarcity of non-Christian reference to him in the 1st century...
Christianity emerged organically from Hellenistic Judaism and draws on parallels between the character Jesus and those of Greek, Egyptian, and other gods, especially those figuring in myths about dying and rising deities.

Or Is it that your just going to say "well the bible says" again?
Self promotion isnt proof. Using the bible as a reference to PROVE the existance of Jesus isnt proof. What are you going to "prove" next? That caamels and kangaroos shared stalls on the ark?
That someplace in the worlds oceans there currently rests a 7 headed hydra?
Oh, that 2 people who shared identical DNR are responsible for the entire race of humanity since the dawn of time...whats that? about 4K years, right?
Bunch of brainwashed, arrogant, children.
A 8 year old retarded kid that wasnt brain washed from sunday school on would be able to punch holes in your theories.

Hey ringworm are you lost for words? Apparently you're too ignorant to post your own thoughts so you plagiarize work from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

Christ myth theory
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does this look familiar.LOL.

"Arguments used to support the theory emphasize the absence of extant reference to Jesus during his lifetime and the scarcity of non-Christian reference to him in the 1st century. Some proponents contend that Christianity emerged organically from Hellenistic Judaism and draws on perceived parallels between the biography of Jesus and those of Greek, Egyptian, and other gods, especially those figuring in myths about dying and rising deities."

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats because Jesus loves you more than the hunderds of thousands of dead children from lukeima, polio, Aids, starvation, ectectect?
If those stupid kids in the burn ward at the ronald mcdonald house just had parents who would pray for them...
Its so sad.

I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah's time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon. And there were many in Israel with leprosy in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed--only Naaman the Syrian. -- Luke 4:25-27

The lack of a general healing for all doesn't preclude the working of a miracle. You are not dealing with a law of physics, but the Being who wrote those laws and says "...I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." -- Exodus 33:19

Scoff if you like, but you do so out of ignorance.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thats because Jesus loves you more than the hundreds of thousands of dead children from lukeima, polio, Aids, starvation, ectectect?
Its so sad.

Proof and intellectual explanations are left to the courts, which are Man's answer to conflict. Lumping all heartache and disappointment into one categorical hypothesis is why people have become so suspect of God's existence.

To understand God and His Plan of Salvation, you can't try to understand it with the learning and teachings of man. Certainly all knowledge and intelligence comes from God, understanding what that is can only be furthered with faith, as knowledge of these mysteries defies the plan and would not allow mankind to live to their full potential.

As Christ lived and taught, there were people that denied his divine mission, why would it be any different today when he is over 2,000 years removed? You either believe or you don't, but you can neither disprove God and Jesus any more than their existence can be proven, I will stay on the side of the faithful.

As to the allowance of hurt and suffering, again, only a faithless individual needs an explanation of something he can't understand. Pain and suffering have always been part of life. Fairness is not part of the plan, as we see fairness only from our limited understanding of the whole plan of salvation. Many may have suffered more, but I did lose a daughter to cancer and the pain is something I have to deal with daily. I am not blaming God for my loss, as I still don't understand why, but this much I do know, God suffered with me and my family at her death and his pain is far more than mine as he does know what her life was and for whatever purpose it was cut short.

Believe or not, one side of the issue is wrong, I can't prove it to an intellectual, at least not at this time, but at a given point in time, the truth will be known...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Start by reading Josephus.
Start?
Please, dont be convinced that everyone is as brain dead as the sheep you are accoustomed to. I was raised a southern pres. I have read plenty.
If Josephus is the best you can come up with then you are proving my point for me.

If this is the strongest and earliest extra-biblical evidence for the historical Jesus, then the scholarship is on the shakiest grounds. That passage from Josephus has been shown conclusively to be a forgery, and even conservative scholars admit it has been tampered with. But even were it historical, it dates from more than six decades after the supposed death of Jesus.

In all of Josephus' voluminous writings, there is nothing about Jesus or Christianity anywhere outside the tiny paragraph cited so blithely by the Associated Press.

Historians have no evidence of a historic Jesus dating from the early first century, even though many contemporary writers documented the era in great detail. Philo of Alexandria, for example, wrote in depth about early first-century Palestine, naming other self-proclaimed messiahs, yet never once mentioning a man named Jesus. Many other contemporary writers covered that era, yet there is not a single mention of any existence, deeds, or words of a man named Jesus.

The Gospels are not history; they are religious propaganda, contradictory, exaggerated, and mythical.
But, you know what?
You guys will remained convinced that this super man comic book character was a real flesh and blood person. So be it. Just dont laugh at people who belive in Bigfoot with just as much data as you have.

More plagiarism from ringworm.Stolen for the website "Freedom from religion" written by Dan Barker.

http://ffrf.org/publications/freethought-today/articles/Debunking-the-Historical-Jesus/

Do these statement look familiar? Ringworm stole these from Barkers article. LOL.

If this is the strongest and earliest extra-biblical evidence for the historical Jesus, then the scholarship is on the shakiest grounds. That passage from Josephus has been shown conclusively to be a forgery, and even conservative scholars admit it has been tampered with. But even were it historical, it dates from more than six decades after the supposed death of Jesus.

Historians have no evidence of a historic Jesus dating from the early first century, even though many contemporary writers documented the era in great detail. Philo of Alexandria, for example, wrote in depth about early first-century Palestine, naming other self-proclaimed messiahs, yet never once mentioning a man named Jesus. Many other contemporary writers covered that era, yet there is not a single mention of any existence, deeds, or words of a man named Jesus.

I have to laugh when I out a thief,a person who is incapable of putting forth their own argument. The very person who calls other members brainwashed and retarded and feels the need to mock and ridicule someones religion because he has none himself.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

P
Plinker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

Josephus
Philo-Jud�us
Seneca
Pliny the Elder
Arrian
Petronius
Dion Pruseus
Paterculus
Suetonius
Juvenal
Martial
Persius
Plutarch
Pliny Younger
Tacitus
Justus of Tiberius
Apollonius
Quintilian
Lucanus
Epictetus
Hermogones
Silius Italicus
Statius
Ptolemy
Appian
Phlegon
Ph�drus
Valerius Maximus
Lucian
Pausanias
Florus Lucius
Quintius Curtius
Aulus Gellius
Dio Chrysostom
Columella
Valerius Flaccus
Damis
Favorinus
Lysias
Pomponius Mela
Appion of Alexandria
Theon of Smyrna

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would you debate this moron? Those aren't his own words.

He is apparently incapable of proffering a cogent argument that he hasn't stolen from someone else.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Historians have no evidence of a historic Jesus dating from the early first century, even though many contemporary writers documented the era in great detail. �

Funny thing about such "historians" �
� They say "There's no evidence."
� Somebody cites evidence, even first-hand eye-witness evidence � they say "There's no evidence, so you must be deluded."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Plinker

Josephus
Philo-Jud�us
Seneca
Pliny the Elder
Arrian
Petronius
Dion Pruseus
Paterculus
Suetonius
Juvenal
Martial
Persius
Plutarch
Pliny Younger
Tacitus
Justus of Tiberius
Apollonius
Quintilian
Lucanus
Epictetus
Hermogones
Silius Italicus
Statius
Ptolemy
Appian
Phlegon
Ph�drus
Valerius Maximus
Lucian
Pausanias
Florus Lucius
Quintius Curtius
Aulus Gellius
Dio Chrysostom
Columella
Valerius Flaccus
Damis
Favorinus
Lysias
Pomponius Mela
Appion of Alexandria
Theon of Smyrna

Yeah, well, who else?

crazy grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Plinker
A terrible storm came and officials sent out a warning that the riverbanks would overflow and flood the town. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “If I am in danger, then God will save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The flood waters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the flood waters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “I sent you a warning, I sent you a car, a canoe, a motorboat and a helicopter.”

The nay-sayers posting here are like the man that drowned. They can see the evidence but still choose to ignore it. They want God to be who they want Him to be and won't accept Him for who He is.

In a court of law, two pieces of evidence confirm a fact. But no amount of evidence will convince a hardened heart.

Ah yes, God helps those who help themselves. I've heard that before somewhere, let's see, where was it? Oh yes, in Catholic school.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Was that the same flood that killed everything on earth because god was mad at people?
I mean except crabs and fish, right.
God killed all the animals on the land but sparted the aquatic animals by using a flood.
So he hates bunny rabbits and loves prawns?
Or were there whales on the ark?
It would seem that if enough rain (fresh water) was present to flood the earth that the saltwater life would have been killed as well by desalinization of the oceans. you do know that sea life doesnt live in fresh water right?
And where did all the water "receede" to? I mean the planet is a closed system isnt it? If all the water on the polar ice caps melted and that flooded the planet then wouldnt that have called for extreme changes in global temperature? But theres no mention of a 150 degree heatwave prior to the flood.
Or maybe you dont really belive that the story of the flood is an actual historical reference...
Just the Jesus story and the other stories you choose to belive are historical accounts, right?
The other storys that are too fanciful you brush off as alagory or mistranslations.
or perhaps you have a bible glossary that tells you which story to belive is historical and which is just myth.
Please provide me with that link as I am confused about if i am supposed to belive that theres a dragon living in the ocean.

As to the remark about me pasting something from wiki... are you fking kidding? you are supporting a book that took 70% of its texts from other sources and called it NEW. Thats got to be a joke, really?
The christian church has done nothing but cut and paste.
Oh, its ok for the early church to forge the will of Constantine to stael the entire western half of the roman empire but i cant post info from another source.
Gotcha.
How about the Stealing of greek myth about the gods coming to earth and having sex with humans to creat the hero's?
Dont know that one?
Gen 6-4
"In those days, and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived on the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times."
OOPs. Oh lets forget that.
Angels raping humans and all.
Oh chit, wait a min...
isnt that what "the spirit" did? Impregantate a virgin?
You guys are beliving that?
Really?
Well thats not vaugly familiar is it?
Not similar to the greek gods sexing up humans?
What about adam and eve? Eve isnt anything even similar to Pandora, I guess?
Im a plagerist and your quoting a book written part and parcel by crimanl plagerist thieves.
The irony.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The inscrutable wisdom of God is foolishness to fools.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 27 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,039
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.