Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
... To understand God and His Plan of Salvation, you can't try to understand it with the learning and teachings of man. Certainly all knowledge and intelligence comes from God, understanding what that is can only be furthered with faith, as knowledge of these mysteries defies the plan and would not allow mankind to live to their full potential. ... ...

That is a typical and well worn argument of those who want to control the others by requesting that they suspend their cognitive abilities, all for their good of course.

Who can fall for that but the already brain-washed or those whose fears lead them to prefer a state of suspended cognition?

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And on the Campfire, fools keep posting foolishness that they're proud of! No wonder America is such a mess! frown

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Plinker
A terrible storm came and officials sent out a warning that the riverbanks would overflow and flood the town. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “If I am in danger, then God will save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The flood waters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the flood waters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “I sent you a warning, I sent you a car, a canoe, a motorboat and a helicopter.”

The nay-sayers posting here are like the man that drowned. They can see the evidence but still choose to ignore it. They want God to be who they want Him to be and won't accept Him for who He is.

In a court of law, two pieces of evidence confirm a fact. But no amount of evidence will convince a hardened heart.

Ah yes, God helps those who help themselves. I've heard that before somewhere, let's see, where was it? Oh yes, in Catholic school.
Catholic schools might have taught it but came from Ben Franklin, AKA Poor Richard.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rte

[/color]
I have to laugh when I out a thief,a person who is incapable of putting forth their own argument. The very person who calls other members brainwashed and retarded and feels the need to mock and ridicule someones religion because he has none himself.

rte,

[/quote]Its like finding proof of Japan and saying that Godzilla is real.[/quote]

This quote from ringworm pretty much trumps your straw man all to hell.

Moreover, pretty much everything is derivative of something said before.

So, you ought to Google where ringworm plagiarized the above quote and post it here......if only for a laugh.

Last edited by carbon12; 05/28/12. Reason: uuuurp
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
And on the Campfire, fools keep posting foolishness that they're proud of! No wonder America is such a mess! frown

Don't be so hard on yourself. I hardly think that your self proclaimed foolishness count for that much.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you have to have proof that God existed you don't understand the meaning of faith. What is wrong with just believing in God? If not God, you must admit that there is something greater than ourselves. If you can't believe there is something greater than ourselves, what keeps the world going? It seems to me that humanity could screw almost anything up.

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's why I so easily and readily discard my foolishness to cleave instead to God's wisdom.

"Good enough" isn't.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That's why I so easily and readily discard my foolishness to cleave instead to God's wisdom.

False modesty at it's best.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
While the quote,"God helps those who help themselves" is attributed to Franklin, it was made by Algernon Sydney (1623-1683) in Discourses Concerning Government.
"Help thyself, and God will help thee",

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The over-all point is that the accuracy of the Bible has long been disputed by "scholars" who don't want to believe any of it, but every archοΏ½logical find that I'm aware of has confirmed its accuracy in one detail after another.

I don't think the books of the Bible have ever been in dispute except maybe by an idiot. After all, the books were written by humans. We arenοΏ½t sure of whom the original humans were who wrote the books but we are sure they were humans.

Nor is there any doubt that a "Jesus" did in fact live and probably was crucified. Nor is there any doubt that the Middle East exists or the Roman Empire existed, or that the ancient cities, towns, or villages existed in ancient Palestine.

ItοΏ½s the word of man that is disguised as the Word of some God that is in doubt.

Couldn't say it better. Plus one.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

P
Plinker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
ItοΏ½s the word of man that is disguised as the Word of some God that is in doubt.

John 1:14

New International Version (NIV)

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deersmeller
Originally Posted by shrapnel
... To understand God and His Plan of Salvation, you can't try to understand it with the learning and teachings of man. Certainly all knowledge and intelligence comes from God, understanding what that is can only be furthered with faith, as knowledge of these mysteries defies the plan and would not allow mankind to live to their full potential. ... ...

That is a typical and well worn argument of those who want to control the others by requesting that they suspend their cognitive abilities, all for their good of course.

Who can fall for that but the already brain-washed or those whose fears lead them to prefer a state of suspended cognition?

I have no desire to control others, I have never started a thread on this or any other forum to convert pagans to Christianity, I have only defended the basis of Christianity from the likes of you that can't prove it wrong any more than you claim I can't prove it at all...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Jesus is Lord!

EVERY knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

And this includes ringworm and any other non-believer.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would someone PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me one single solitary thing OTHER THAN THE BIBLE ITSELF...
That proves that Jesus exisited at all?
Just one thing."

The fact that He exists today should be sufficient proof,don't you think?

Obviously,if you have closed your mind to the possibility of His existence,you will never find Him.

While you are alive.

Too bad.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He seemed real enough to me when I met Him.

"There is no proof that He ever existed."
"I met Him."
"You're delusional."

It's interesting that "scientists" who deny His virgin birth find no irony in their comfortable acceptance of their term parthenogenesis (partheno "virgin" + genesis "birth").
"There's no record of parthenogenesis in humans," they say.
"Jesus of Nazareth was born thus."
"Couldn't've been. There's no record οΏ½ ."

(TRANSLATION οΏ½ "No board-certified ob-gyn attended the birth or recorded it in a recognized medical journal, so it never happened.")

"Good enough" isn't.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Very well said Shrap. I feel sorrow for the loss of your daughter. It is uplifting to see the strength of your faith.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Until a man meets Jesus,no answer will satisfy him.

Once he meets Jesus,no questions remain.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
word.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Nor is there any doubt that a "Jesus" did in fact live and probably was crucified.

Can someone explain this to me?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
word.

No savvy.

Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (17CalFan, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,532
Posts18,530,949
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.