Hop To
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by ringworm
maybe scott could go to The Shriners Hospital and teach parents there how to pray.
I mean whats all this bouncy ball chit.
Pray, right scott?
Jesus will heal all retarded and downs kids and polio and lukemia if the parents were just good christians.
So if you have a child who is ill or hurt, you are not a good christian obviously because jesus now hates you enough to burden your child with illness.
Wonder why I have 3 smart healthy kids and Scott was punished by god?
maybe he needed a lesson?
[Linked Image]

ringworm, you seem to be hung up on the existence of evil in the world. Can't you see that, since God created people with their own free will, some will choose to do evil things? Don't lay the blame for that at God's feet. CS Lewis wrote a great little book on this subject called "The Problem of Pain." I have an extra copy of this book too, if you want it.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Scott F
You are right, she is dead and we just had her stuffed.

I am out of this one. The raging stupidity and hate is more than i want to deal with.

I am considering my future here.

Carol Anne's death in the middle of December delayed that year's Christmas letter to family and friends. When I wrote it, I explained why it was late, entitled it "Christmas in Heaven," and began with a note that at last Carol Anne was realizing her dream of meeting Jesus.

Right away, I got a fiery letter from a friend who wasn't usually all that faithful about answering letters � I don't buy this Jesus [stuff]! � and on and on.

Anti-Christians � that unique special breed of trolls � jump up and forward to take full advantage of every opportunity to throw sh�t into Christians' punch bowls, never content to let us celebrate without contest.

Wyatt,

Speaking of trolls, how about this gem?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../Here_s_another_Bible_thread#Post6546112

You should be ashamed.

Last edited by carbon12; 05/29/12. Reason: uuuurp
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by achadwick

CS Lewis wrote a great little book on this subject called "The Problem of Pain." I have an extra copy of this book too, if you want it.

CS lewis from The Chronicles of Narnia?
HAHAHAHAH!!!!
OH CHIT
LOL!
Thats great. YES YES YES reference me a guy who wrote a book about talking animals, fairey worlds, evil witches...
thats LIVE MAN!
LIVE!
I love it.
Hey If you like fantasy books I have a great one for you...
Once upon a time, this guy named jesus was hungry, so he walked up to a fig tree but the figs were not in season SO Jesus demanded the tree bear fruit. But the tree was to strong for Jesus magic and did not bear the fruit. And jesus got mad. and he killed the tree.
YEAH!!!
Our savior jesus, slayer of fig trees.
[Linked Image]

The force is strong with this tree, it denies me the figs of which i am hungry for. I shall slay the evil tree.
Guess what Jesus, I can kill a fig tree too. I can demand fruit from a barren tree and not get it, OOOOHHHH Miricle.
I can kill a tree to, with the power of god almighty and a Poulan.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
It's not uncommon for authors to write in different genres, and it shouldn't surprise you that CS Lewis did. What's the big deal?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
nothing, nothing, please...
go on.
Let me know when your done, I have a magical tale of flying wheels and wheels within wheels...
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
So you are suggesting that if an author has written a work of science fiction, then all of that author's writing should be interpreted as science fiction. That's a VERY bizarre hermeneutic you have there, sir. What possible justification do you have for that position? What basis for it?

d.v.

Musings on TDS
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I dont know. Possibly. L Ron Hubbard seems to have a grasp on it.
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by MacLorry
One of the main principles of the Bible is that God is not bound by natural law.

That is the major difference between theism and deism. To a theist, God is NOT bound by natural law. To a deist, God IS bound by natural law. Just thought I'd throw this out.
Really? That would relegate the Creator subservient to the creation. Can diests be so silly or could your assertion be incorrect?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course, Andy, C S Lewis couldn't've expected anybody to take Mere Christianity or The Four Loves seriously from the same ol' creep who'd give us books like The Screwtape Letters and The Chronicles of Narnia.

When the Saudi return crew took-over the 747SP for the flight back to Jeddah from JFK, the inertial navigation system (INS) was still set for the just-completed flight from Jeddah to JFK. Dang thing kept trying to turn the ship back to JFK. So the Saudis turned it OFF and navigated back to Jeddah without it. In Jeddah, they asked Sperry why it couldn't be permanently locked onto that easterly course from JFK to Jeddah.

"It can," Sperry said, "But what'll you do when you want to fly a westerly course?"

"Oh."

One-track minds abound, Andy, not only in Saudi Arabia.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't know much about any ism.I do know that God is only bound by his own word,which he will not break.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I dont know. Possibly. L Ron Hubbard seems to have a grasp on it.

No, no! L. Ron Hubbard wrote a work of science fiction, Battlefield Earth. So by your hermeneutic, everything he wrote is science fiction and can't be taken as true. Try again.

Last edited by achadwick; 05/29/12.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Of course, Andy, C S Lewis couldn't've expected anybody to take Mere Christianity or The Four Loves seriously from the same ol' creep who'd give us books like The Screwtape Letters and The Chronicles of Narnia.

When the Saudi return crew took-over the 747SP for the flight back to Jeddah from JFK, the inertial navigation system (INS) was still set for the just-completed flight from Jeddah to JFK. Dang thing kept trying to turn the ship back to JFK. So the Saudis turned it OFF and navigated back to Jeddah without it. In Jeddah, they asked Sperry why it couldn't be permanently locked onto that easterly course from JFK to Jeddah.

"It can," Sperry said, "But what'll you do when you want to fly a westerly course?"

"Oh."

One-track minds abound, Andy, not only in Saudi Arabia.

Ken, you are a hoot, and I'm a better man from knowing you. Thanks!

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And FWIW, let's not forget that the late Ian Fleming wrote not only the "James Bond � 007" books but also Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

(I haven't the foggiest notion what that means!)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This thread is ample proof that the discussion of Christianity will bring out both the best and the worst in people.
Those of you who sneer at Christians for "not seeing how stupid we are because we have faith that there is a loving God our Master"
succinctly prove the Bible is correct. Prophecy states we will be persecuted.
For those of you who don't believe in God, why the derision and sneering put downs? Does it affect your life? If so, how and why?

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
This thread is ample proof that the discussion of Christianity will bring out both the best and the worst in people.
Those of you who sneer at Christians for "not seeing how stupid we are because we have faith that there is a loving God our Master"
For those of you who don't believe in God, why the derision and sneering put downs? Does it affect your life? If so, how and why?

Most likely unwittingly you answered your own question. Fulfilling Biblical prophecy does not get done by itself. Somebody has to do it. Doing God's work is it's own reward.

No Yin without Yang.

Savvy?

Last edited by carbon12; 05/29/12. Reason: uuuurp
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by derby_dude
One of the main principles of the Bible is that God is not bound by natural law.

That is the major difference between theism and deism. To a theist, God is NOT bound by natural law. To a deist, God IS bound by natural law. Just thought I'd throw this out.
Really? That would relegate the Creator subservient to the creation. Can diests be so silly or could your assertion be incorrect?

Deists do not believe that God will break his own laws which of course include natural law. Most Deists do not pray for that reason other than maybe a prayer of thanksgiving because it can't hurt anything. To pray for God to break his own law is pure silliness to a Deist.

I'm merely answering a question nothing more nothing less.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Than I am not a Deist.I simply believe that God will not break his word.Most natural law though,is a result of the curse.God gets blamed for every bad thing that happens,when it is really a result of Adam's sin and the curse that man came under because of that sin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

If you think christians can be "persecuted" on an internet forum,then you better hope that "Rapture" deal is right.grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

Your post seems to indicate you are not aware that God the Creator set up the rules and then created Adam. The curse was there just waiting to be implemented.

"'I am the LORD and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me; That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me. I am the LORD and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.'" Isaiah 45:5-7

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Being your eternal soul is at stake...

Hey since you brought that up...
Eternity is a long time right?
Like endless. Zero's and zero's right.
For example, If a human generation was a grain of sand then a micro-second of eternity wouldnt even be the sands of all the oceans of the world to the 100 trillionth power.
Right?
Cause its never ending, right?
So I am going to live 80 years, if I am lucky.
Its fair to judge my actions of 80 years against eternity?
Thats pretty un-fking just if you ask me.
I mean thats like getting drawn and quartered for spitting on the sidewalk.
I dont think that your GOD is a loving dude, really.
I mean he cant just show me the wonders of the universe and allow me to choose to worship him for it or not without threatning hell for eternity?
Why not just leave me be? No hell no heaven, just no existance after death. Should be easy for the creator. But NOPE.
he's got to threaten an unjust eternity of forever burning fleash and pools of sulfar smoke if you dont belive that some made up guy was god.
You know. if it wernt for the Jesus crap and Hell...I might be a christian.
I mean my personality is pretty much not to respond well to threats. if there wasnt the whole HELL crap then I probably would belive MORE in a GOD.
B
But the injustice of his design as it sits negates me from wantting to spend any time with him.

What you fail to grasp is that this life is a test to see if you are compatible with eternally living in God's kingdom. If you study the Bible you would realize God created a number of intelligent beings, but only man was created in God's image. In doing so He gave man something very special and very dangerous. The Psalmist writes "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. � Psalm 139:14" Ignoring Calvinist dogma, that special and dangerous attribute is free will.

So God's eternal kingdom includes some number of human beings, each with free will. In fact, these people are joint heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17), children of God who will have authority to even judge angels (1 Corinthians 6:3).

How can God trust a person who won't trust Him? How can God elevate a person to such a high position who can't humble himself before God? If Jesus, the only begotten Son of God humbled himself before the Father how can anyone refuse to do the same, unless of course they are of a rebellious and prideful nature, you know, like the Devil. There can be no eternal peace in God's kingdom if it includes rebellious and prideful beings, so there's no place for them in God's kingdom. Hell was prepared for the Devil, not man (Matthew 25:41), but there's no middle ground. If you prove yourself unsuitable for God's kingdom you share the Devil's fate. It's not what God wants (1 Timothy 2:4), but He gave you free will to choose, so if you go to hell it's your own fault.

As I have shown you, God made sure no man could discover Him and come to Him by human knowledge, and if you want to understand this read 1 Corinthians 1:18-31. You accept or reject God on faith alone. To accept the foolishness of the Cross you must abandon your intellectual pride and humble yourself before God. It's where the narrow path to God's kingdom starts. I hope you choose to find it and follow it.

Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,523
Posts18,530,707
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.