Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
No question the Leupold Aluminas are the best in flip-ups. The best in neoprenes for field use are the ScopeShield Alaska covers. www.scopeshieldalaska.com

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Worth the price of $80 per pair?

I laughed at the price, too, looked around and finally gave up & bought a pair for my all-weather rifle & scope. Nice units. I only have them on one scope, but I'll probably get more in the future.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think I will try a pair. If they are as good as everyone says this could turn out to be very expensive.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Buy once....cry once

I have an extra 20 mm for someone's 1.5X5 or 1X4....PM me if your interested...I'd swap for a 40mm

Last edited by mistem; 05/29/12.

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I laughed at the price, too, looked around and finally gave up & bought a pair for my all-weather rifle & scope. Nice units. I only have them on one scope, but I'll probably get more in the future.

Finally broke down and purchased a set for my new vx-3, they are very well made and worth the $$ to protect a good scope. I wish Zeiss made some I could get rid of the plastic cheapish ones on my Zeiss scopes.

Ted
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I couldn't bring myself to buy any and then got a pair as part of a trade. I've now instructed my bride to buy me a set for my bday, fathers day, and Xmas until all my scopes have them. Only thing I dislike is that if the scope is mounted as it should be (lowest possible mount) you have to remove it from the rings to install the damn things. No biggie if it's a new optic but I'd not be adding them in the middle of hunting season.

WarDamnEagle
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wareagle
I couldn't bring myself to buy any and then got a pair as part of a trade. I've now instructed my bride to buy me a set for my bday, fathers day, and Xmas until all my scopes have them. Only thing I dislike is that if the scope is mounted as it should be (lowest possible mount) you have to remove it from the rings to install the damn things. No biggie if it's a new optic but I'd not be adding them in the middle of hunting season.

you shouldn't have to remove the scope....the threaded part turns independent of the cover itself

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by toad

you shouldn't have to remove the scope....the threaded part turns independent of the cover itself

Yes, it may not be obvious at first, but you do not need to remove the scope to mount them.

Butler Creeks have worked for me, but these Leupold Aluminas just look so much nicer on a nice rifle. I'm now using three sets. It's definitely a personal decision as to whether the expense is justified.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I like the fact that they fold down flat. And fit the cheapo redfields......

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by toad

That fact wasn�t apparent when I first tried to mount mine but once I did they went on with ease!

Ted
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

you shouldn't have to remove the scope....the threaded part turns independent of the cover itself [/quote]

Maybe mine are an early set. They do not turn.

WarDamnEagle
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Abso-frickin-lutely!

Alan

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 40 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,168
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.