Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Anyone have any experience with one of these? I am really leaning to buying the YS480. Just the initial cost worries me a little but if you can get a good ten years out of one than it would be worth it I would hope!

Also they dont have a water pan so I wonder how much the food would dry out. And their direct grilling package seems cool, but why doesnt it cover the whole cooking surface.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want a pellet smoker, go Traeger.

For all else, Big Green Egg.

My Traeger makes me look like a much better cook than I am...

If you do your part, you never need to worry about food drying out.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
If you want a pellet smoker, go Traeger.

For all else, Big Green Egg.

My Traeger makes me look like a much better cook than I am...

If you do your part, you never need to worry about food drying out.

+1

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason the direct grilling package doesn't cover the whole surface is because both Yoder and Traeger cookers are smokers first, grills second.

The BGE is a grill first, smoker second.

Each have their strengths and weaknesses.

If you are looking at competition BBQ'ing, then you'll find that most of the big shots have something like a dedicated smoker AND something else like a dedicated grill.

If you are just doing backyard stuff, and an occasional local competition just for the fun of it, then you can't go wrong with either of the brand names mentioned so far.

They will each sizzle up some top notch succulent meals for you, and earn their money back the first time you use them.

Good luck making your decision! I look forward to seeing some BBQ pictures!!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (3040Krag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1badf350, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 47 invisible), 3,371 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,729
Posts18,535,049
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.