Campfire Ranger
M
thank you for your service sir.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I've been on the fence about this the whole night. But what the heck. I'll take it. PM me with payment details.

And what price did you pay for the freedom you jokingly replied "I'll take it" too?

Far too few of this nation's citizens have served in the armed forces, but those same few citizens seem to have no problem espousing information and opinions on a subject they have NO experience with.

Been there, done that. SMSgt, USAF Retired

Give him a break. It's in the classifieds!
This thread has the chair force all fired up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is one of the reasons i got out of the military... those of you who have served know that the military is not a job, it is a a way of life. The reason a E5 makes more than a average 23 yr old with a HS diploma is because they have much more education that the average 23 yr old. The training that you get in the military can not be matched by any college, and with the education that the E5 has he/she could easily get a job making a higher salary than the military pays.

B&B Reloading Supplies

www.facebook.com/bbreloadingsupplies
Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Hate to bring this up, but didn't he know when he volunteered what the AF was going to pay him? I might feel sorry for him if he was drafted, but he jumped in with both eyes open. Sounds like he's got a good education and will be able to get a high paying job when he gets out. Also with his MOS it doesn't sound like he's not going to see combat. Although they pay more for combat and over seas duty.

By the way when your feeling sorry for people, try people on SS or disabled, lots of them are getting less then $13K. Then you have the homeless including a bunch of Vets.

If we get a new Pres. he can give tax breaks to the rich, that will help the poor.

I reserve the right to not sell to anyone on my ignore list
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Last I checked, it's an all volunteer army now, is it not? Why would anyone complain about what they chose to do of their own free will?

A big thanks to those who do protect our country, by their own choice!

IC B2

Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
What about those of us, who didn't have a choice?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
it is a choice, i just chose not to continue. I did 9 years. That was enough, i had the training and experience to get jobs over those with a 4 yr degree it wasn't even a question. And I am glad the military gave me that and i consider it just as much compensation for the time i served as the paychecks i received.

B&B Reloading Supplies

S
S
When I separated from Active Duty Air Force in Alaska as an E-6 a few years ago I was making around 55-60k a year and taxed on less than 40k. I was making very good money. Many guys in my unit were married to fellow service members and they were clearing 100k a year. Today's military is paid decent. A lot depends on where you are stationed for BAH rates. Yea I made $800 a pay check when I started, but I had free housing and all meals. Like any other job, you start at the bottom and work your way up. I am still guard, but I am proud to have served and think highly of those still serving.

Dave

Last edited by Scroder; 05/31/12.
Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Last I checked, it's an all volunteer army now, is it not? Why would anyone complain about what they chose to do of their own free will?

What I said went right over you head. The people with no choice are the ones who were drafted. Back in the 60's it was go in the service, get married or go to Canada.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We also pay into SS.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
thats one thing i do agree, is everyone should have to pay into SS, because thats the only thing that keeps it available. you are paying those who worked their whole lives before our generation so they do not have to work themselves to death. And it is the only thing this government offers that is based on accountability, you get paid based on what you paid in, so the more you worked and the longer you held a job, the more you get. We need more gov't programs based on incentive to work instead of handouts to those who refuse to be productive citizens

Last edited by spotshuntclub; 05/31/12.

B&B Reloading Supplies

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by spotshuntclub
thats one thing i do agree, is everyone should have to pay into SS, because thats the only thing that keeps it available. you are paying those who worked their whole lives before our generation so they do not have to work themselves to death. And it is the only thing this government offers that is based on accountability, you get paid based on what you paid in, so the more you worked and the longer you held a job, the more you get. We need more gov't programs based on incentive to work instead of handouts to those who refuse to be productive citizens

100% agree. I have no problem paying into SS, FICA, Medicare, etc. As long as those benefiting are genuinely those whom deserve said programs. I did not join to get rich. If you did, you were sadly and horribly mistaken. The military lifestyle is tough. We're constantly gone to other then home station. And when we are "home" were working 10-14 hour days and sometimes 6-7 work weeks. I had to take leave to get Memorial Day weekend off. Any of those cool �fly bys" and such...they don�t just happen. I did volunteer, and I am quite glad I did. The military does certainly provide a decent living. As a single income household, it is tough getting by, by doable. I love this country and what it stands for. That alone, is what gets me through the thick and thin...not the pay.

Now, when we hear of proposed pay CUTS and LOSS of benefits, well, that gets me a bit riled up. There are certain things I believe I have earned. I have been enlisted for 8.5 years. In that time, I have spent just shy of 4 years time on the road. (2 OIF and 1 OEF, among other movements) Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express that opinion. And I get a 'warm fuzzy' knowing I have a small part in securing that and other liberties. (FYI...those liberties ARE NOT inherent)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i agree, the military should not be taking a pay cut or a benefit loss, if you want to cut some pay cut it from the senators and congressmen that make 150k+ each year to sit around and put things off and try to figure out if Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens used steroids. Maybe they should take a little pay cut.

Last edited by spotshuntclub; 05/31/12.

B&B Reloading Supplies

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Zike
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

What I said went right over you head. The people with no choice are the ones who were drafted. Back in the 60's it was go in the service, get married or go to Canada.

It's been over 40 years since the 1960s. I don't think anyone drafted then is still drawing active duty salary now, are they???

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by spotshuntclub

I am not complaining on paying SS. I am complaining on those drawing it who have NEVER paid into it.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker
IMO our military men and women are grossly under paid!

+1

In the Land of the Blind, the one eyed man is King

Know guns,know peace,know safety..No guns,No peace,NO safety
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why is this still on the classifieds????

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by predmaster223
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I've been on the fence about this the whole night. But what the heck. I'll take it. PM me with payment details.

And what price did you pay for the freedom you jokingly replied "I'll take it" too?

Far too few of this nation's citizens have served in the armed forces, but those same few citizens seem to have no problem espousing information and opinions on a subject they have NO experience with.

Been there, done that. SMSgt, USAF Retired

Give him a break. It's in the classifieds!
This thread has the chair force all fired up.

I can speak for myself. A thread like this belongs in the Hunters Campfire, not the Classifieds. I espoused no opinion on the military, and don't need anyone here to approve of what I think and believe.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
A thread that honors our military members has my blessing to be any damn where it wants to be including the classifieds...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hubert
We also pay into SS.

oH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (338Rules, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 16,964 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,179
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.