Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 916 of 1,842 1 2 914 915 916 917 918 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Alright, lets pass the cup and tell the engagement stories.

We had been dating since high school (I was 22). I tied the ring with FISHING line around my HUNTING dog's neck and asked her to pet the dog. Yes, I hear that collective groan from all the womenfolk on the forum eek. I would prolly do it different today, but at the time it sounded like a swell idea. Oh, and it worked! Almost 18 years going strong! grin

So everyone knows ND has a streak of originality in him. Thus I am fairly anxious to hear how he pulled that off. ND, the anticipation bar is set high for you!

I wonder how well a pork sammie would hold up in the mail???

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I knew my wife for three years before we started dating.Our first date was on a Friday and on Monday I called her long distance to North Carolina from Georgia and asked here if I could ask her to marry me the next time I saw her.We were married six weeks later and it has now been 24 years and I swear it is true that we have NEVER had a bad argument.We have had differing opinions on certain subjects but we are lucky in that we both believe in communication.I'm a lucky lucky guy.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You're a blessed man, Stan.

BM, I do believe ND should send us a pork sammich so we can fully decipher your question.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know the story on how ND proposed to Pam, it was told at chickenbuck I think or in the fish house. I won't spoil it, I'll let folks keep guessin on that one.

I am getting her a pink camo wedding ring set though. and she's cool with it, actually liked the idea!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
actually now that I think of it, Pam told me the story, Dave was there to chime in too, it was at Camp.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I know the story on how ND proposed to Pam, it was told at chickenbuck I think or in the fish house. I won't spoil it, I'll let folks keep guessin on that one.

I am getting her a pink camo wedding ring set though. and she's cool with it, actually liked the idea!

I want to see a picture of that! Didn't know they made such a thing.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
www.camoring.com they have a service where you send in the band you want and they dip it, or you can buy one of their ready made ones, which we don't want to do.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Cool website. My wife would kill me. I mean she would KILL me if I did that to my ring! grin Are you going to do both (yours and hers) like that or just one? Exciting times that is for sure!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no pink camo for me smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
C'mon,Pam. Those of us not in the know are anxious to hear the story.

Stan in SC

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
She's very busy, she took the rest of the week off of work to get ready for weezy's graduation party this coming weekend. So she probably wont be signing in.

And I'm not going to help answer this question. I'm pleading the 5th.

wink

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No,you DRANK the fifth.
We attended my grand daughter's high school graduation exercise last night.I am so happy to see that girl graduate.She looked great.Later we all went to dinner.Had a great evening.

Stan in SC

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We're going to our grand daughters 8th grade graduation Tuesday.

We're going to pull the carpeting in 2 of the bedrooms and have the hardwood floors redone. Hallway will get done also. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to repaint at least one bedroom.

Once that's done it will be new carpet in the master bedroom, dining/living rooms, and tile in the entry way.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It sounds like you have a summer full of projects Bill!

I have to work Saturday or I'd be trying real hard to get up to southern Canada for a young lady's grad party up there. I hope you all have fun with that pork. smile

My dad is coming down early Sunday morning with his 64 Merc Maurader, and we're going to an all Ford car show in Apple Valley, MN. I plan to take a lot of pictures.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Planting trees here this weekend. We need to replace some of the ones that died last year on our hunting land.

I will think of the big grad party tomorrow and I hope you have a nice event.

Long time since I gave a Cole update: all is good! Last scan was clear and things are going smoothly.

Hey Griz, are you gonna be selling your fishing rods? Sounds like you wont have time to use them!! Hehehe!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dave, I can't believe Weezy is doing it so quick. Congrats to weezy on the graduation and Hopes the best for her future. Ma & Pa brought her up right and have a great family. Good luck to Nd & Mrs as well. Keep up the great family times you have, Hope to see you all on sunday.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It does seem fast. I remember reading on here years back about her first season at Chickenbuck, shooting her first deer, getting a Mustang stuck on the sidewal. grin Seems like yesterday.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
It does seem fast. I remember reading on here years back about her first season at Chickenbuck, shooting her first deer, getting a Mustang stuck on the sidewal. grin Seems like yesterday.

Time does fly and the older you get the faster it seems to pass.

Congrats Weezy, have a great weekend!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BM, thanks for the update on Cole. Glad to hear things are going well for him.

As to the rods. Fat chance you'll ever see them. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, I knew it didnt look good for me getting the rods, but will you get to use them? I hope so, but that is a lot of work you are getting yourself into.

So, big downer of the day....the paper today says they are putting 2 apartment complexes about 300 yards west of me. 63 units each. Then later, the plan is to add 8 more complexes. Great, just where I want to live, surrounded by apartments. So 630 units is what, 2,000 people? All less than a mile from me. Paradise is lost. We had it sooooo nice here too. Country living close to town.

Page 916 of 1,842 1 2 914 915 916 917 918 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.