Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RISJR
They dead dumb guy committed a crime the moment he holstered his weapon and then ventured out into the public domain.

RISJR, and this would apply equally to LEO having a drink after work but still carrying? Or an officer under medication. Should we assume officers do not engage in drinking or peform their duties while under medication? How about the cops using steriods, should they be shot on sight? A citizen�s arrest outside a bar resulting in the officer�s death due to officer�s non compliance to citizen�s order to dis arm and hit the ground on his knees. That is what you would want isn�t it? Lawful conduct. So if the officer didn't understand a citizen could arrest him it would then be a justifiable shooting according to you. There would be no other position available if we all are as equal citizens, correct? That would have to be so unless you feel officers are above the law. I think anyone can see if the same standards are imposed equally what chaos would result.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You can assume all the irrelevance you wish to. I thought this thread was about this dumb,dead guy,not tomorrow's next dead,dumb guy.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So one should not attempt to frame your logic beyond the immediate position you stake. not a universal logic, but case selective.

Last edited by RichardAustin; 06/03/12.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
They dead dumb guy committed a crime the moment he holstered his weapon and then ventured out into the public domain.

RISJR, and this would apply equally to LEO having a drink after work but still carrying? Or an officer under medication. Should we assume officers do not engage in drinking or peform their duties while under medication? How about the cops using steriods, should they be shot on sight? A citizen�s arrest outside a bar resulting in the officer�s death due to officer�s non compliance to citizen�s order to dis arm and hit the ground on his knees. That is what you would want isn�t it? Lawful conduct. So if the officer didn't understand a citizen could arrest him it would then be a justifiable shooting according to you. There would be no other position available if we all are as equal citizens, correct? That would have to be so unless you feel officers are above the law. I think anyone can see if the same standards are imposed equally what chaos would result.

+1. A point I've made many times at the Fire over the years, i.e., the double standard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can you imagine what the officer�s reaction would be to that lawful order? Bullets would be flying everywhere, unlike the Costco event which only had a holstered weapon and the imagination was sufficient to warrant the murder.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Morphine is more susceptible to abuse and addiction than other drugs of the opioid class. It's not used outside a monitored medical care often because there are other drugs that work as good or better with less problems.

NRA Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

+1. A point I've made many times at the Fire over the years, i.e., the double standard.

The scenario you're describing didn't happen. You're engaging in fantasy. To use your own quote, just saying.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dammit...I'm never going fishing again. Look at what I've been missing. Again.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by brinky72

The scenario you're describing didn't happen. You're engaging in fantasy. To use your own quote, just saying.
In your case, you were using made up facts to justify what the cops did. Richard was saying, "what if the tables were turned," i.e., pointing out a double standard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
You'd get about as fair a trial as that "White Mexican" has a chance of getting trial by media.
Looks like Zimmerman has done the smart thing and gone underground, perhaps skipping to South America where he'll blend right in. It's become clear that the system is trying to railroad an innocent man for political points, and no one is obliged to subject themselves to that process.

==========

Good lord you're a dumbschit. He arrived back to Florida last night and is with his lawyer preparing to turn himself in by the 230 deadline. Done the smart thing and fleed? You would not be teaching kids if I lived in your part of Florida,that I assure you. You are one sick,idiot.

So Mr right on top of this [bleep] were's the picture of the no guns sign. Oh you haven't had enough time LOL

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/03/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
actually I stated a hypothetical scenario not claiming that they were facts. No different that what was mentioned by Richard.

Last edited by brinky72; 06/03/12.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Dammit...I'm never going fishing again. Look at what I've been missing. Again.

Again indeed, I'm about to go fishing so you can fill in for me. Enjoy

GONE FISHING, BE BACK SOON.....Maybe

Last edited by brinky72; 06/03/12.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by brinky72
actually I stated a hypothetical scenario not claiming that they were facts. No different that what was mentioned by Richard.
Different in that you were suggesting that your hypothetical justified the police response somehow.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
If a Copper yelled at me to disarm, what would be wrong with doin a bellyflop spread eagle and let them disarm ya?

I would NOT touch the gun I was concealing.

Gunner

You show unusual insight and wisdom for a thread of this type.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by gunner500
If a Copper yelled at me to disarm, what would be wrong with doin a bellyflop spread eagle and let them disarm ya?

I would NOT touch the gun I was concealing.

Gunner

You show unusual insight and wisdom for a thread of this type.

What can I say Main? Copper's like me. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're pretty hard not to like.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Agreed. If everyone possessed your common sense gunner, there would be no questionable shootings by Peace Officers. They would either be completely wrong or completely justified.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Good thing, cause iffin i was'nt you woulda kicked my butt at the Boar hunt. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think you're making all that stuff up. It's not like me to mess with people. smile

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,240
Posts18,504,578
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.