-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 917 of 1,842 1 2 915 916 917 918 919 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow...this thread had a bit of everything...cooked piggies, pink rings, engagement stories.

Ya'll over here like to have your fun, don't ya!

ND, I'm wondering if everyone were to pitch in some $$, would you be willing to send some cooked piggy our way?

I'm drooling looking at those pictures!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BM, great news about Cole. Thanks for the update.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes,great news concerning Cole.So glad that he is doing well.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Has the party started yet?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't think it ever stopped. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The pork is loaded into 2 roaster pans, garage is deccorated, we're heading to the school in less than an hour.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

wishing the young lady well.
" go forth,and do great things."

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet ma and pa are feeling some mixed emotions as they watch their oldest pass one of the largest thresholds of her adult life.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Big Swish, you are the man!!!

I'll get started on the deer pole expansion project this weekend!!

One pole, what the heck was I thinking????

wink

That's frickin awesome.

But did you have to show it to me on a pre deer camp Friday with over 7 hours left to go in the day????

smile

Well, it's off to camp tonight, it's still raining too though.

My daughter is hunting this weekend (youth hunt) with her Ruger 77 standard/walnut in .243, free float, glass bed, tuned trigger, slicked action & now a new bushnel elite 3200 3-9 x 40 to help her point it at the sweet spot.

she's a shooter too, that girl can really shoot that thing.

After taking a brand new rifle out of the box & reworking it to my liking, I sighted it in & let her shoot it. I tought her to shoot starting out fairly young with a single shot youth model rimfire borrowing some of the basic fundamentals taught in USMC marksmanship courses. Body & skeletal alignment/support, breathing control & basic trigger handling, sight/target focal point do's & donts.... (girls are so easy to train with this stuff)

here, check it out. these are the first two shots she ever took with the rifle after I sighted it in for her. I made a black dot in the center of this basic 1" grid type target & explained to her that the smaller the focal point, the tighter she would group if she could stay on true through her trigger pull.

this is without a rest, it was off of a wooden shooting bench & the only support she used was a very large gym sock I have over filled with whole kernel dried feed corn (kind of a tight bean bag of sorts) that we placed under the forend for her.

the only reason I stopped her at 2 shots is because I couldn't see her holes in the target through my spotting scope, target lasered at 105 yds.

when we approached the target it was pretty clear that things were going to be ok in the way of accuracy for little miss hunter & her new M77.

[Linked Image]

Now if we can get a deer in front of her this weekend we'll be in business.

This I think was the first post that you talked about her in this thread. Amazing how a few years ( that seem like forever to a youngster ) pass by so quick.
Congrats and enjoy the celebration and party cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I hope is all going well up Nort'. My mouth is watering thinking about that pork!

Congrats Weezy! You did it. We knew you would, but it's still a great feeling of freedom and a new one of responsibly. You have the family and support to stand behind you and help you when you need it, and the smarts and stubbornness to do it yourself.

I wish you well in whatever direction you choose to take. It's OK to screw up....you will. That is how you learn. Good luck Ms. Shaw.

Tom

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Well said Tom.

Weezy just remind your folks that they need to be real nice to you now, since you're the one that will be taking care of them down the line. shocked

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I bet ma and pa are feeling some mixed emotions as they watch their oldest pass one of the largest thresholds of her adult life.

No doubt . My oldest graduated last year and my youngest will be driving soon and that REALLY scares me .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The dead pig was awesome! It was a great party & good to see all the folks that I haven't ran into for a while.

Congrats again Weezy!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Thank you everybody that came and to those that sent cards and for all the well wishes here. It was a great day yesterday, lots of good company and the rain held off too. It looks like tzone routed a collection from some frequent posters here to our mailbox. Thanks guys, that was a really nice surprize for weezil.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
PICTURES! We want pictures.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats Weezy! You will do great in whatever you decide to do! wink

Bman that SUCKS about the apartment buildings! We had a scare similar a few years ago. I live on 6 acres that are surrounded on the 3 sides by 80 acres of CRP. One day I came home and seen trails through it that were made by a large backhoe with tracks. I went and checked it out and found multiple "test" spots where they had dug testing for gravel. The landowner works part time for a gravel company and had them test the land around our house. Thank GOD they didn't find what they were looking for!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
PICTURES! We want pictures.

Here, here....and not of the damn pork. Everytime I'm hungry I think of that pulled pork sammich I missed out on.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Bman that SUCKS about the apartment buildings! We had a scare similar a few years ago. I live on 6 acres that are surrounded on the 3 sides by 80 acres of CRP. One day I came home and seen trails through it that were made by a large backhoe with tracks. I went and checked it out and found multiple "test" spots where they had dug testing for gravel. The landowner works part time for a gravel company and had them test the land around our house. Thank GOD they didn't find what they were looking for!

When we were looking for houses in 2010 when we moved here, there was one that was decent but it had a 7 car attaced garage. I couldn't care less about the house but I wanted that garage. The asking price on the house was under what it should have been for the area and the ammenities....I finally google map'd it and saw it was surrounded by a gravel pit. It HAD to be the owners place or the folks that lived there couldnt' take it anymore and wanted out.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh I think Pam took some pictures and I saw Missy with her camera too, there must be some pictures we can post up. Be patient, we'll find something.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Rooster7

When we were looking for houses in 2010 when we moved here, there was one that was decent but it had a 7 car attaced garage. I couldn't care less about the house but I wanted that garage. The asking price on the house was under what it should have been for the area and the ammenities....I finally google map'd it and saw it was surrounded by a gravel pit. It HAD to be the owners place or the folks that lived there couldnt' take it anymore and wanted out.

Can you imagine living right in the center of something like that? On the plus side when the pit dried up and it got all over grown, it would make for some good deer hunting but I would lose my mind LONG before that happened.

A SEVEN car garage??? shocked

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 917 of 1,842 1 2 915 916 917 918 919 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.