-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
...or is this just pre-election Scuttlebutt from the Dems.? What's the word [color:#3333FF]on this[/color][/b][b] from those of you living up there.?

With the recall election less than two days away, federal prosecutors are closing in on Governor Scott Walker, according to veteran political reporter David Shuster, former Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager, and former district attorney Bob Jambois.

In a conference call organized by state Democrats on Saturday evening, June 2, Shuster, Lautenschlager, and Jambois laid out evidence that Walker is a target of a federal investigation.

Wisconsin Democratic Party Communications Director Graeme Zielinski added that there is evidence of wrongdoing after Walker's time as Milwaukee County Executive, and that the investigation includes criminal activity during his time as governor.

Based on conversations with a lawyer who has knowledge of the investigation, "We believe that Scott Walker set up a secret computer network in the governor's office and Department of Administration offices, and that the John Doe investigation is seeking evidence of crimes he committed in Madison," Zielinski said.

Walker denied the allegations. At a campaign event on Saturday, Walker answered "absolutely not" to reporters' questions -- raised by David Shuster's reporting for Take Action News -- about whether he had been informed, either formally or informally, that he might be a target of federal prosecution. "I've never heard a single thing about that, other than spin from the left," Walker said. He described the allegations as "just more of the liberal scare tactics out there desperately trying to get the campaign off target."

"I stand by my reporting 100 percent," Shuster said in the conference call. "It's clear to me that he is, in fact, a target in a federal investigation."

Despite copious reporting, especially in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, about the Milwaukee County district attorney's probe of alleged violations when Walker was county executive -- including a secret email network maintained by his staff for the purpose of conducting illegal campaign activity on county time, the theft of funds intended for the widows and orphans of Iraq War veterans, and possible favorable treatment of campaign donors seeking public contracts, not much has been written about the FBI probe.

"The Wisconsin press has only reported about the John Doe -- the state component," said Zielinski. "They have not reported on the federal component of this."

"I've been reporting on federal grand juries for twenty years" -- including Justice Department probes of former Arkansas Governor Jim Guy Tucker, Monica Lewinsky, Washington, D.C. Mayor Marion Barry, and Jack Abramoff -- said David Shuster, a former reporter for Fox News and anchor for MSNBC, who now works with Take Action News and as a host on Current TV.

In his reporting on FBI involvement in the current probe of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, Shuster said he consulted with Justice Department attorneys in the public integrity section and "I got independent confirmation that he's a target."

Shuster said that he had learned Scott Walker's attorneys had been seeking to have their client publicly cleared of wrongdoing for the last five or six weeks, in the run-up to the recall election. Prosecutors could not clear him, Shuster said, because Walker is a target.

The ongoing John Doe investigation by the Milwaukee County District Attorney has led to criminal charges against three of Walker's former aides, an appointee, and a major donor. Thirteen of Walker's associates have been granted immunity -- including Walker's spokesman, Cullen Werwie.

Recent campaign finance filings show that Walker has transferred a total of $160,000 into a criminal defense fund -- the only criminal defense fund maintained by a governor of any state in the nation.

Walker's opponent in the recall election, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, has repeatedly called for Walker to disclose the names of donors to his criminal defense fund, and to release emails relating to the investigation of wrongdoing on his watch in the county executive's office.

In Saturday's conference call, former prosecutor Bob Jambois said that when he was general counsel to the state Department of Transportation, he released thousands of pages of records and called a press conference to put to rest allegations of wrongdoing. "If Scott Walker thinks this is so unfair, why doesn't he open up these 1,400 emails," he said.

Jambois suggested that the emails Walker has not released must relate to a private email network, since reporters have been unable to access them through an open records request.

Lautenschlager agreed that "Walker should have produced evidence to clear himself" if he was not a target of investigation, and that it would be "malpractice" for his attorneys not to seek a letter from prosecutors clearing him.

She also disputed Walker's contention that he could not speak publicly about the investigation because prosecutors did not want him to.

"There is no happier person than a prosecutor when a target starts speaking publicly," she said.

As state attorney general, Lautenschlager said that she worked by a "rule of thumb" when investigating wrongdoing by politicians "not to say anything within two months of an election," unless prosecutors could clear the politician in question, to avoid the appearance of a politically motivated prosecution.

While that rules out an indictment before the election on Tuesday, she said, Walker appears to be "on that pathway toward indictment."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They're trying [color:#3333FF]really hard to get Walker...[/color][/b] [b] This has got to be a good sign if the Dems are this desperate.

Story retracted.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They are desperate. Demoscat money isn't coming in nationally like they had hoped, and Wisconsin money was pulled when it looked like they were going to lose. Barrett has nothing to show for a record, can't answer simple questions, and the Recallers have no organization. Around here, there are "I stand with Walker" signs everywhere, with a few hand-painted plywood "Recall Walker" signs here and there.

Coming up with a story like this is very similar to the Romney high school hazing accusations. There will be little or no effect on the outcome. As long as Walker's supporters don't get complacent because of the good polling numbers in the last few weeks, the whole recall effort will be in the toilet come Tuesday. We can only vote, and hope for the best.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I sure hope people can read through that horse crap and see it for what it really is.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Uh folks. Remember Senator Ted Stevens from Alaska? They did it to him also. Prosecutors eventually got in big trouble for basically making a bunch of chit up but the damage had been done and now we have Mark "tax em till they bleed" Begich in his place.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
hussein will continue to utilize the Justice Dept, under the able control of his sock puppet, Eric Holder, to assault Americans that oppose his program of turning America into a communist country.

Sam......

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You can probably count on two hands the number of state and federal politicians that aren't crooked. It is just a matter of digging deep enough.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Surprisingly, the news that Governor Walker fathered a child while in college is false.
/sarc

Even the DailyKos has retracted it.

Daniel BiceJune 3, 2012 at 3:15 amReply
I am getting a lot of emails because of this post. Two things: (1) I tracked down and talked to Dr. Gillick�s freshman-year roommate at MU yesterday, and she adamantly denies that Walker is the father of her child. Yes, she got pregnant as a first-year student, but she believes Dr. Gillick is mixing up stories; and (2) I Can Read CCAP has taken a family court suit involving Scott Alan Walker and mixed it up with the governor, Scott Kevin Walker.

As much as I hate sending traffic to them, here is the link to the article at DailyKos.
The other article is an embarrassing sign of desperation by this state's Democrat leadership. They've been pushing the "illegal computer network" story for weeks, and it's not going anywhere.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a terrible sign of the current situation in America where a dying nation state is about to lash out like Godzilla on the high tension wires - be careful out there.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Comrade_Cheese
They've been pushing the "illegal computer network" story for weeks, and it's not going anywhere.

ahh...first I'd heard of it. Can't wait for the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" on Tuesday....especially from MSNBC and the likes of Ed Schitz and MadCow.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What's the spread in the pole numbers now?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
walker up by 6 points last one I saw....the commies are pulling out all the stops not to lose this one.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember, it's the Obama/Holder Justice Department.
They could "investigate" life on the moon, doesn't mean they would find it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
walker up by 6 points last one I saw....the commies are pulling out all the stops not to lose this one.

the poll I saw last week had a 7 point spread.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
High turnout predicted in Wisconsin recall, perhaps at presidential level!

A local official says thousands of requests for absentee ballots suggest the turnout will be high in Tuesday's recall election for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

Appleton City Clerk Charlene Petersen told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel she already had 3,000 absentee ballots in hand. In the 2010 governor's race, 2,000 people voted by absentee ballot in the city of 78,000, while more than 10,000 did so in the 2008 presidential race.

She predicted turnout higher than 2010, which also pitted the Republican Walker against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. Local election officials have suggested turnout might approach presidential levels, although that seems unlikely in Appleton.

"This is unprecedented," Peterson said. "We've never seen a statewide recall, so I'm kind of looking at the pulse of the absentee for markers."

Walker told supporters he expects Tuesday's vote to hinge on turnout. At a breakfast in Rock County, he said he planned to spend the weekend traveling Wisconsin, reaching out to the few voters who have not already made up their minds.

Walker's lieutenant governor, Rebecca Kleefisch, also faces a recall as do several state senators.

The recall, seen as a preview of the November presidential election, has attracted a lot of money and attention from out of state with Walker, especially, getting a lot of money from outside Wisconsin. Reince Priebus, head of the Republican National Committee, addressed a rally of Tea Party supporters Saturday, the Journal Sentinel said.

"I don't know about you, are you ready to save Wisconsin and show Tom Barrett for the door the second time," he said. "And then after that, we're going to save America and fire Barack Obama."

While Obama has kept his distance from Wisconsin, former President Bill Clinton stumped for Barrett Friday.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even the skewed poll numbers that Barrett has been releasing show Walker winning.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope Walker makes it

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is no official tally obviously,

But the signs in Peoples front yards are at least 80 percent for Walker, and I really mean, at least 80 percent.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.