Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ho hum.

Another 'police do stupid things' thread

The usual cops participate, belittling the incident, making fun of anyone that questions ANYTHING that ANY cops do.

Bottom line is, that the people in the house are just damn lucky that the lady gestapo agent was not in fear for her life. In that case, they would all be dead. Officer safety trumps everything, ha know? laugh

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Speaking of cop-haters...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The castle law in texas refers to your habitation, vehicle, work place, or place of business. Now, if I am in my house, and you are a stranger in my yard with a gun, can I justifiably say that I shot you because I was threatened and believed that you were trying to gain entrance into my habitation. It sounds a little hazey, but I would say yes. After all, it worked out for Joe Horn. Moral of the story, stay off other people's private property when not invited, and don't shoot another man's house pet.

If you shoot someone in your yard, who hasn't fired a shot at you, safe and sound in your single-wide mobile home, you're next home will have a lot of bars and concrete and you'll be the bride of some black inmate that's 6'5", 280 lbs without an ounce of fat.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I think it's great that they allow you guys to have pets in there.

I can assure you Mr. Nazi-THUG, my 'pets' are a helluva lot more important than your goddam little [bleep] of a kid!

Or you wanna come visit me and persuade me otherwise? grin

===========

You best have some plausible explanation or inbreeding impairment for that pathetic,appalling post,you uneducated,trailer-trash piece of [bleep]. You'd need a ambulance were you brave enough to spout that filth in the presence of others rather than hiding behind your computer's skirt and pretending to be something other than a piece of garbage born with a extra X chromosome.

That serious lack of judgment should get your head caved in,you worthless [bleep] retard.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What is it with cops coming on people's property and shooting their dogs? mad

If I was in your yard, your dog charged me, I'd shoot him also.
I'm not a cop.
Then I'll offer you a piece of friendly advice: Don't enter my yard without an invitation.

Lots of tough guys tonight. So you guys would kill a human for an animal--------- sad what this country has come too.
Your values are real misplaced.
Best not to test it.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Laffin...you're a pants pissing goofball afraid of his own shadow...and girl scouts.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

Bullshit. There is the usual attack on <Bad> LEO, but it's one sided.

One sided, unfortunately.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When she isn't in my house, she is in the back yard, while I am home, or on a leash going for a walk with me. She is a neighborhood star. Everyone loves her, and she has made me several friends on our walks.
Most people only know pitbulls from the pitbull hysterics-generating industry. As you've likely learned by now, actually having one yourself, they're the most people-friendly breed of dog out there. Don't raise them the way they do in the ghetto, and they're no problem at all. Raise them the way they do in the ghetto, however, and they are very dangerous animals to have around (because quitting isn't in their nature, and they're quite capable of harm when they put their minds to it), but whether they pose a danger to society is all in how they're raised.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound.
"Attacking??" Then it will be a simple matter for the Chief of Police to provide pictures of her wounds.

Reminds me of my Chinese sister in law who claimed my Doberman (who had never seen her before) "attacked" her when she very sneakily, and without first announcing herself to a human being, cracked open the back gate into his yard, stuck her head inside, and was promptly, and not surprisingly, charged and barked at. I guess I should be glad my sister in law wasn't a Chief of Police. Some people throw around the word "attacked" very loosely.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Addressed to no one in particular -

Some of ya'll folks seriously need to get a life - cause you ain't got one.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rkamp

I think the point is that a lot of people realize that dogs are just trying to protect their owners (territory). Shooting at a dog with a high powered center fire pistol with a house as a backstop is an irrational act, especially for the "chief" of police. Back off and get the owner cited, fix the fence, impound the dogs. Don't shoot into the house risking the occupants.
PLUS ONE!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound. As usual, the 'fire continues to remind me why this country is in the shape it's in.

http://www.kvue.com/news/City-of-Florence-responds-to-police-chief-shooting-dogs--157052095.html

"An eye witness who wishes to remain anonymous told KVUE the police chief was being threatened by both of the dogs, acting aggressively, in the front yard."

Not eye "witnesses". Come on, Pat. You're a cop. Attention to detail.
And "threatened" means approached and barked at. What odd behavior for a dog when someone enters their yard, eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs get lose twice, a neighbor returns them, cop bangin on the door�
And she didn't hear a thing? WTF was she doing?

That said, don't come on my property and shoot my dog. Wouldn't be good.

Don't be to upset with stubbledick, she's flustered 'cause ain't nobody will breed her.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Speaking of cop-haters...

no, I don't hate 'em, I just dislike them, and don't trust them at all to have my best interests at heart. I think they are too quick to kill folks, (and dogs), and they are, for the most part, union guys to boot. No cop ever questions another's actions, and always defends another cop's behavior, no matter how egregiously stupid or wrong.

Way too many of you cops equate questioning what cops do to hating them. The two things are vastly different.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
As heated as some of these 'discussions' can get family, but most especially, children should NEVER be brought into it. LTPowell has a beautiful family that he has every right to be tremendously proud of. The smile on his daughters face while shooting with Dad was priceless and his son is putting his life on the line in defense of this country.

I'm sure I speak for others by saying I'm sorry about the previous comments posted by another.

Agreed.
Bringing family into this is beyond the pale, IMO.

Things have sure been nasty around here of late. It's getting old.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't hate cops in general and I don't hate civilians in general (I try to remember that people are individuals), so I guess I have some room in me for other things...like thinking stubbleduck's comment about someone's daughter was just his way of letting everyone know he's a piece of hotheaded crap whose judgment and self control is very poor, and one who can't respond well under a little pressure. Good things to remember.

Poorly played, stubbleduck. At a minimum, you owe someone an apology, and the fact that you haven't come to that conclusion on your own yet tells me more about you.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I've only killed one dog on duty. Turned out to be one of my best friend's. It was kinda awkward, but we were both grown up enough to realize that when they get out and chew up a kid on a bike, that's what is gonna happen.

You fiend.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The castle law in texas refers to your habitation, vehicle, work place, or place of business. Now, if I am in my house, and you are a stranger in my yard with a gun, can I justifiably say that I shot you because I was threatened and believed that you were trying to gain entrance into my habitation. It sounds a little hazey, but I would say yes. After all, it worked out for Joe Horn. Moral of the story, stay off other people's private property when not invited, and don't shoot another man's house pet.

If you shoot someone in your yard, who hasn't fired a shot at you, safe and sound in your single-wide mobile home, you're next home will have a lot of bars and concrete and you'll be the bride of some black inmate that's 6'5", 280 lbs without an ounce of fat.

That is not what happened to Joe Horn. He actually went against the direction of the dispatcher and killed two unarmed men on his front lawn with a shotgun. In the case I am talking about, we would have an armed man, shooting... What kind of cop are you anyway? I have never lived in anything that could be towed. As a matter of fact, I closed on my house at the ripe old age of 24... It even has a fenced in backyard, and gasp, a concrete foundation, WITH a garage. Of course, a simpleton will be liable to jump to conclusions and make simpleton remarks. So, I shouldn't be suprised.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Originally Posted by bea175
poor dogs , i assume it is another justified shooting by the Police. The dogs must have been terrorists!

Yeah, must have been.

Remind me NOT TO CHEER when homeowners/citizens in this country start shooting back at this kind of gubmnt'l terrorism!

Hopefully the Texas Rangers can/will do something about this abusive act by the keystone female cop.

I am waiting for the second side of the story

but

unless it is very good this is bad

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

And keep your sexual fantasies to yourself. This is an outdoor and shooting forum, not a men's day spa.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.