Home

This "beatch" could have easily killed a two year old kid and their mom who were inside the home at the time.

FLORENCE, Texas -- The Vybiral family are dog lovers; considering their four-legged companions members of their family. It started with Sassy, a six year old Rhodesian Ridgeback. Now this family is mourning, Sassy is dead.

"She's crying, she's hysterical. 'There's blood mom. She's shooting guns.'" Louise Vybiral describes the phone call she received from her daughter Caren Friday afternoon.

Caren says she was watching a movie with her two year old daughter Lilly when gunshots rang out. She thought they were coming from across the street.

"Thought maybe Chevron was being robbed or something. I didn't have any idea what was going on," Caren Vybiral said. "And when I walked to open the door, there was another gun shot."

Caren said Sassy was lying in the door way bleeding. And standing above her was Florence Police Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire. After a short exchange, Caren said the chief ran to the back yard and shot the other family dog that was locked up, a two year old pit bull named Boomer.

"I asked her what is going on," Caren described, "and she said, um, the b-word, did you not hear me knocking on your front door. And I said no, why did you shoot my dogs?"

Apparently Sassy and Boomer got out of the back yard and walked to the Chevron. A city worker called the cops to report the loose dogs. A family friend put the dogs back into the yard, but Sassy got out again.

"It got out, I'm guilty of that, but it was laying on the porch when she shot it," Louise Vybiral said.

But what truly frightens this family, one of the shots went into the home. Fragments of a bullet still lie on the windowsill.

"For an officer of the law to come up into your yard, and fire a shot, or to draw her weapon and aim it towards a home. That shot could have hurt my granddaughter or my daughter, you know. I mean the bullet is in my house," Vybiral said.

"The bullet hole is only two feet from where we were standing, so I mean, it could have been us," added Caren.

KVUE News tried to contact the Florence Police Department, mayor and city council, no one returned our calls or emails. We also went to the police department for comment, but the door was locked.

"She doesn't need to be an officer. She's not upholding the law. Just because she wears a badge doesn't mean she can pull her gun and just shoot anything," Vybiral said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office said they are aware that an incident involving the police chief happened in Florence, but it's not their jurisdiction. The Texas Rangers say they are not yet involved in the case.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Florence-f...ir-two-dogs-at-their-home-156828225.html
poor dogs , i assume it is another justified shooting by the Police. The dogs must have been terrorist
She really is a lousy shot. This is not good.
Originally Posted by bea175
poor dogs , i assume it is another justified shooting by the Police. The dogs must have been terrorists!

Yeah, must have been.

Remind me NOT TO CHEER when homeowners/citizens in this country start shooting back at this kind of gubmnt'l terrorism!

Hopefully the Texas Rangers can/will do something about this abusive act by the keystone female cop.
Dumb [bleep] mad
another abuse of the badge
I wanna know a LOT more about the situation before rendering a judgement. Granny didn't hear the cop knocking on the door? or was she hiding for some reason?
The story only mentions two shots being fired, and two dogs down, I don't see where the shots were "wild", the jacket laying on the windowsill might have been splatter from the floor of the porch.

I wanna know a LOT more before casting aspersions in any direction. Of course, I KNOW that's not the Campfire Way, but that's how it is.............
Just stupid.
I know that I'd be mad if some cop came to my house and shot the dogs that were protecting my 14 year old and her two kids.
Whatever happen to animal control officers, why would the police chief come to your yard and shoot your dogs. regardless if the animal got loose in the neighborhood?
Huh? grin
Originally Posted by okok
Dumb [bleep] mad

You spelled nut wrong.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I know that I'd be mad if some cop came to my house and shot the dogs that were protecting my 14 year old and her two kids.

Leave it to YOU to cut to the chase.................. grin grin laugh Funny stuff, there!
That Rhodesian Ridgeback was probably illegal without papers or a greencard and of course the she still had some cartridges left so she shot the other dog for more practice. Or maybe, just maybe, the dogs drew first!
It's not surprising, considering what kind of crap is wearing a badge in this day and age! Wonder if the broad would shoot an old man or woman if they couldn't hear her knock on the damn door?
Just another Type A personality in a No. 1 axshole, as usual.
Damn, I'm old an geezer and have a 55% hearing loss. I better be dang careful as some fuggin' cop may want to shoot my arse 'cause I didn't him say something over a mouthful of donut dough!
Hopefully this one will die in a car wreck on the way home! Yeah, I did say that!
Whatever happen to animal control officers, why would the police chief come to your yard and shoot your dogs. regardless if the animal got loose in the neighborhood?

Pretty sure they are one, and the same, in Florence, Tx.
Gosh damn I hope no ever comes out here and starts shootin on my porch. shocked

Gunner
Had the same thing (pretty much) happen in San Bernardino a few months ago.

Woman calls police to report some suspicious activity going on at a foreclosed property behind hers.

Police, when they finally arive, instead of going to the address reported, they come to the womans house, and without letting her know, went through her yard, jumped a locked gate into her back yard and when her dog showed up. Just shot him...

Cop later saying he shook the gate to see if there was any dogs with no results.

Cops tresspass and shoot your dog, then come up with some lame brain excuse...

Phil
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

I'm pretty sure that nobody else would have a chance to shoot a dog of yours if it were [bleep] up. smile
..... Police, when they finally arive, instead of going to the address reported, they come to the womans house, and without letting her know, went through her yard, jumped a locked gate into her back yard and when her dog showed up. Just shot him...

Cop later saying he shook the gate to see if there was any dogs with no results.

Cops tresspass and shoot your dog, then come up with some lame brain excuse...

I'm tired of this [bleep].

Twas me, the [bleep] cop would likely be dead along me and my dog. wink

Like they say in the former Soviet Union, "toughski [bleep]!" smirk

Actually, I have heard (several times in all different states) of cops just busting into a back fenced yard, and then summarily murdering the family dog after the [bleep] coppers home-invaded the pooch's turf!
I think it's great that they allow you guys to have pets in there.
All I know is what I read in the papers. When I opened this I thought we had lost another campfire member. I wondered what our 2dogs was doing in Florence Texas.
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

I'm pretty sure that nobody else would have a chance to shoot a dog of yours if it were [bleep] up. smile

Very true acknowledgement Lt. wink

Gunner

I can assure you Mr. Nazi-THUG, my 'pets' are a helluva lot more important than your goddam little [bleep] of a kid!

Or you wanna come visit me and persuade me otherwise? grin
Damn I love internet tough guys......
Oh crap, here we go again, i already had ringworm and some three initialed dude from Canada wantin' to whip my ass yesterday. smile

Gunner
If you give 'em your addy, let me know. I'm gonna fly out and sit on the porch with your wife for the short time that will take you.....

I'll bring vodka, though!

George
LMAO, do ya think ole ringworm would show?

Gunner
Originally Posted by NH K9

Only tough guys on this thread are the bad coppers who CONDONE the mistakes or deliberate-thuggery they commit (or others in "their profession") as they use "their badges" for cover and to terrorize the taxpayer. wink
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck

I can assure you Mr. Nazi-THUG, my 'pets' are a helluva lot more important than your goddam little [bleep] of a kid!

When are visiting days?
Originally Posted by NH K9

Only tough guys on this thread are the bad coppers who CONDONE the mistakes or deliberate-thuggery they commit (or others in "their profession") as they use "their badges" for cover and to terrorize the taxpayer. wink

your goddam little [bleep] of a kid!

Or you wanna come visit me and persuade me otherwise?

Yeah, right. wink
Easy bro, they're cute when they're that age.
I'll defer to your age and....*choke*.....wisdom. I've been good about leaving the good cop/bad cop threads alone lately (and will continue to do so), but that was chickenschit.

George
He's just trying to be significant. Bless his heart.
What is it with cops coming on people's property and shooting their dogs? mad
Wonder if he's posting drunk or he's just STUPID.

I think SD needs a job so he become a taxpayer.
I've only killed one dog on duty. Turned out to be one of my best friend's. It was kinda awkward, but we were both grown up enough to realize that when they get out and chew up a kid on a bike, that's what is gonna happen.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If I was in your yard, your dog charged me, I'd shoot him also.
I'm not a cop.
Sounds like you have a death wish ?
Originally Posted by Wtxj

I'm not a cop.
Then I'll offer you a piece of friendly advice: Don't enter my yard without an invitation.

I'm not a cop.
Then I'll offer you a piece of friendly advice: Don't enter my yard without an invitation.

Lots of tough guys tonight. So you guys would kill a human for an animal--------- sad what this country has come too.
Your values are real misplaced.
It's not an easy job, being responsible for dangerous dogs. Anybody who blames their lack of responsibility on others are as disgusting as any other criminal.
Blasting away on my front porch unannounced would be a damned good way for somebody to get themselves killed.

I'm not a cop.

Permission or not, you have a vicious dog that attacks even if in your own yard..you will be held liable.

There's one [bleep] here and it's you.

Not sure. I've never done it nor have I ever seen it done.

I'm not a cop.

Lots of tough guys tonight. So you guys would kill a human for an animal--------- sad what this country has come too.

The question was..you're not a Cop, why are you in my yard shooting my dog?
It's not an easy job, being responsible for dangerous dogs. Anybody who blames their lack of responsibility on others are as disgusting as any other criminal.

Those dogs could not have been that dangerous. A neighbor came and put them back in the yard. The rhodesian got out again, and was on the porch when it was shot. The "chief", couldn't be too many indians, then shot the other dog while it was in the backyard.

Shooting a cowering dog with a house as a backstop is indefensible.

I thought the daughter looked more like 18.

I was talking about my own dogs. I don't have a clue about what happened out there, nor have made any excuses, one way are the other.
I was talking about my own dogs. I don't have a clue about what happened out there, nor have made any excuses, one way are the other.

Two dogs got shot in their yard by a woman "chief" of a podunk police dept. and she locked the door of the police station.
Okay. Kill her.

I'm not a cop.

I wouldn't SHOOT you,.....

burning you at the stake, or tying you down on an Ant mound would better reflect my "misplaced Values".

GTC
Hell I trying to collect for the paper?
I selling door to door?
Heck I bringing you a cake.
All I'm saying is if I'm walking down your street, your dog, with what I perceive, is going to bite, he's shot if I can get a gun on him. If I'm walking on the edge of your lawn to stay out of the street from traffic, you dog is an aggressive dog towards me, I will shoot him before I let him attack me. That simple.
Mini dogs will get a pass, they are kick able.
Okay. Kill her.

No, depending on what she looks like, I say we set her up on a double date with the daughter and a couple of her boy friends.

An 18 pack, a little hanky panky while parked on the shoulder of FM1826, a burger from the Dairy Queen after, then throw her ass out at the Chevron station. Of course all the evening highlights recorded by a cell phone camera, and uploaded at a $1 a pop to fund some new dogs, fix the fence, and get the daughters tubes tied.

I have three dogs in my yard. Two of them are 100# MONSTERS. If they do something wrong, they need to be shot, and it's my fault. That's the problem with this country these days...lack of responsibility.
OH MY! Not only do I live only about 12 miles from Florence, a buddy of mine dated Caren for about two years! AND THIS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD ABOUT IT!!
HEAR IT FIRST ON 24 Hr CAMPFIRE! LMAO!!
Okay. Kill her.

You're on a roll today no doubt......... grin

I'm not a cop.

And then I would shoot you.
I have three dogs in my yard. Two of them are 100# MONSTERS. If they do something wrong, they need to be shot, and it's my fault. That's the problem with this country these days...lack of responsibility.

Very true Pat, very true. I have had many animals in my life.
Guess my point in the above is some will think about killing a human just because you killed their dog who was fixing to attack with all he has.
The owner of the dog did not take the responsibility to keep the dog under control. Bet your monsters are friendly as hell.
'Well hell, firemen ain't 'sposed to wake up very often. smile
Dang all this gunplay, somebody please dont forget to shoot me too................again grin

Gunner

Pretty sure they are one, and the same, in Florence, Tx.

LOL that would be correct Pat. Florence cops were probably animal control officers that couldnt get hired at a real PD.

Bill

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. A tool nonetheless.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

I'm not a cop.

For a dog, you will kill?
Originally Posted by rkamp

Two dogs got shot in their yard by a woman "chief" of a podunk police dept. and she locked the door of the police station.

Exactly. But, this family owned a pit, so they were obviously sub-human and their dogs deserved to be shot. We know this becuase their choice in dog breed prohibits them from making indformed, concious decisions. Didn't you know that?

I'm not a cop.

If you come into my yard, with a gun, uninvited, I would be justified in shooting you. If you killed my dog, I would feel good about it.
?? You referring to Wtxj? You are totally off base if you are.

SD's remark about Pat's daughter was way out of line.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. A tool nonetheless.

So you want to be a comedian.
Better keep your day labor job, Jeffie.

I'm not a cop.

Hell yeah!
Originally Posted by eh76

Some crazies are out tonight for sure, Keith.
Day labor job... Very funny. I am obvioulsy dealing with an intellect here.

So, if a stranger comes into your yard, and shoots your dog, you don't shoot him? If a stranger comes into your yard and shoots anything, shouldn't that warrant self defense? And you call me crazy. The pot calling the kettle black...

I assume "Wtx"j stands for "west Texas". If so, you better get to sleep. You have a long day tomorrow, herding jackelope.

It's that fokkin' moon again. crazy

Gunner

Absolutely no family references under any circumstances.
Originally Posted by tx270
OH MY! Not only do I live only about 12 miles from Florence, a buddy of mine dated Caren for about two years! AND THIS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD ABOUT IT!!

Caren huh? that's working for me.

This has become a somewhat frequent occurrence. I want to know when we started hiring a bunch of trigger happy girls and boys to be police officers. I have a hard time imagining that mailmen, I mean mail carriers, don't encounter "vicious" dogs more often than police officers. I haven't read any stories about mailmen shooting people's pets.

I have heard some first hand stories of some nsty dogs catching a claw hammer between the eyes, but the risk of collateral damage is much less.

My daughter thinks it's hilarious. I hope my son doesn't see it though.

So, if a stranger comes into your yard, and shoots your dog, you don't shoot him? If a stranger comes into your yard and shoots anything, shouldn't that warrant self defense? And you call me crazy. The pot calling the kettle black...

I assume "Wtx"j stands for "west Texas". If so, you better get to sleep. You have a long day tomorrow, herding jackelope.

So your saying you would kill a human cause he shot your dog, you don't know why he shot your dog, but your going to kill that sob. How about the local kids, you going to shoot them too Jeffie?
Remember who's responsibilities it is to control that dog. I'll control him if you don't.

I missed it?? what was said about your daughter?
To vile to repeat.

Gunner
As heated as some of these 'discussions' can get family, but most especially, children should NEVER be brought into it. LTPowell has a beautiful family that he has every right to be tremendously proud of. The smile on his daughters face while shooting with Dad was priceless and his son is putting his life on the line in defense of this country.

I'm sure I speak for others by saying I'm sorry about the previous comments posted by another.

You know me Pat, you have spent time, talked, hunted, fished with me over time. I'm just saying if a dog charges me with the intent to bite, if I can't control it in anyway, you know what the next thing is. I do a lot of walking, I can kick the mini dogs away, the big ones fixing to bite------------- whistle
Forgot to congratulate the daughter on her graduation.

So your saying you would kill a human cause he shot your dog, you don't know why he shot your dog, but your going to kill that sob. How about the local kids, you going to shoot them too Jeffie?
Remember who's responsibilities it is to control that dog. I'll control him if you don't.

Wow, you are dense. I don't shoot you because you killed my dog. I shoot you because you are in my yard, shooting. Keep out of my yard and you will most definetely continue a long and happy life. If you shoot my dog in the street, that would be an entirely different story. To date, my dog has bitten, mualed, killed, exactly 0 creatures outside of insects and maybe the occasional gecko. I don't need an internet genius to tell me how to raise my dogs.

Wow, you are dense. I don't shoot you because you killed my dog. I shoot you because you are in my yard, shooting. Keep out of my yard and you will most definetely continue a long and happy life. If you shoot my dog in the street, that would be an entirely different story. To date, my dog has bitten, mualed, killed, exactly 0 creatures outside of insects and maybe the occasional gecko. I don't need an internet genius to tell me how to raise my dogs.

Said the PIT owner?

Furthemore, before you continue calling people you have never met "day laborers" and the like, you should spend some time improving your writing skills. I wouldn't hire you to mow my lawn. You may run the risk of misinterpretting a yard sign.
Yes...I know you. You and I are kindred spirits. My post was directed toward the guy who chose to call my daughter a "[bleep]" for some unknown reason...I guess because I'm a cop.

Great you then take responsibility for keeping your dogs under control?
I do own a pit. What is your point?

Where I live it wouldn't happen unless some meth head did it. Police would not. Dam sure ain't going to shoot LEO.. I know too many of them and none of them would do something like that.

Someone shoots my dog I am going to be upset ok. Kill someone? No. Break their nose , beat them to a bloody pulp if the shooting was unwarranted...hell yes.

Now explain why you are being an assshole.
Furthemore, before you continue calling people you have never met "day laborers" and the like, you should spend some time improving your writing skills. I wouldn't hire you to mow my lawn. You may run the risk of misinterpretting a yard sign.

Way to old to change Jeffie. Austin along with the Pits to I guess.

and you will be in jail for the rest of your life....fittingly so.
When she isn't in my house, she is in the back yard, while I am home, or on a leash going for a walk with me. She is a neighborhood star. Everyone loves her, and she has made me several friends on our walks.
I think we should see some pics of Caren before we decide her punishment... grin
You shoot my dog in my yard, you are a dead son of a bitch. Come in my yard with a gun, and you are not law enforcement, I will tell you ONE TIME to drop the gun, and if you don't, you are dead again. It's simple, really. You need to stay out of my yard and leave my dog alone.

Yes...I know you. You and I are kindred spirits. My post was directed toward the guy who chose to call my daughter a "[bleep]" for some unknown reason...I guess because I'm a cop.

Probably more because he's a POS than you being a cop.

Your one of the good "COPS" Pat.
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
You shoot my dog in my yard, you are a dead son of a bitch. Come in my yard with a gun, and you are not law enforcement, I will tell you ONE TIME to drop the gun, and if you don't, you are dead again. It's simple, really. You need to stay out of my yard and leave my dog alone.

I missed something here. What part of defending your property carries a life sentence? This isn't Florida. In this state, Texas, we have the castle law, and there are several cases where homeowners have killed people on their property for less than what Wtxj would do.

Google "Joe Horn", and tell me what you find.

Not to say that taking another persons life doesn't carry great consequence that will last a lifetime.

Make sure you do this in a grand way so that it hits the papers. That way we can debate whether or not it was a lawful shoot....

Originally Posted by RDFinn

Make sure you do this in a grand way so that it hits the papers. That way we can debate whether or not it was a lawful shoot....

M1 with fixed bayonet???

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA! What are you? Crazy?! Must be.
When she isn't in my house, she is in the back yard, while I am home, or on a leash going for a walk with me. She is a neighborhood star. Everyone loves her, and she has made me several friends on our walks.

Jeffie, when you get married and have kids, little kids, you may change somewhat in your feelings on dogs, whatever kind they are. Your going to find out you love them more than the dogs.

Fishing on the coast last year, I drove up to the camp, hopped out and sat in a chair on the beach. I look over to my right and here he comes. Turned out he damn near licked me to death. Nice dog. That's not the kind I'm talking about. He is Petey, a Pit.

I'm not a cop.

If you were in my yard uninvited I would feed your sorry ass to my dogs.
Stxhunters, dog. Yes. I have seen pictures. I also know where you are coming from, with the parent point of view. But, with little kids, any dog should be a concern. I am always very careful with my dog around children.

Tell your dog to leave me alone, we'll be fine.
Originally Posted by willowcreek1996

This has become a somewhat frequent occurrence. I want to know when we started hiring a bunch of trigger happy girls and boys to be police officers. I have a hard time imagining that mailmen, I mean mail carriers, don't encounter "vicious" dogs more often than police officers. I haven't read any stories about mailmen shooting people's pets.

I have heard some first hand stories of some nsty dogs catching a claw hammer between the eyes, but the risk of collateral damage is much less.

good post!
Gunner, I think your right on the moon.

good post!

How many postmen walk routes today?

I missed something here. What part of defending your property carries a life sentence? This isn't Florida. In this state, Texas, we have the castle law, and there are several cases where homeowners have killed people on their property for less than what Wtxj would do.

Not to say that taking another persons life doesn't carry great consequence that will last a lifetime.

castle doctrine applies to you in your home...don't start at the curb with your dog....ymmv...but go ahead and test it.
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound. As usual, the 'fire continues to remind me why this country is in the shape it's in.

http://www.kvue.com/news/City-of-Florence-responds-to-police-chief-shooting-dogs--157052095.html
As usual, the 'fire continues to remind me why this country is in the shape it's in.

agreed...

good post!

How many postmen walk routes today?

I think the point is that a lot of people realize that dogs are just trying to protect their owners (territory). Shooting at a dog with a high powered center fire pistol with a house as a backstop is an irrational act, especially for the "chief" of police. Back off and get the owner cited, fix the fence, impound the dogs. Don't shoot into the house risking the occupants.
I've only killed one dog on duty. Turned out to be one of my best friend's. It was kinda awkward, but we were both grown up enough to realize that when they get out and chew up a kid on a bike, that's what is gonna happen.

If my dog were out chewing on someone's kid I'd expect it to be shot, I'd reimburse whoever did it for the ammo and expect to liable for the kid's medical bills.

This is a different situation though.

I dunno how the law views your dog biting an intruder on your own property.

Birdwatcher

castle doctrine applies to you in your home...don't start at the curb with your dog....ymmv...but go ahead and test it.

The castle law in texas refers to your habitation, vehicle, work place, or place of business. Now, if I am in my house, and you are a stranger in my yard with a gun, can I justifiably say that I shot you because I was threatened and believed that you were trying to gain entrance into my habitation. It sounds a little hazey, but I would say yes. After all, it worked out for Joe Horn. Moral of the story, stay off other people's private property when not invited, and don't shoot another man's house pet.
let me know how that works out for you....quick draw mcgraw wink some people shoot back accurately.
Permission or not, you have a vicious dog that attacks even if in your own yard..you will be held liable.

I don't even have a dog now but I don't see how anyone could be liable for their dog attacking someone if they entered a locked backyard without the owners permission.
I think the point is that a lot of people realize that dogs are just trying to protect their owners (territory).

Nah... the point that is missed is why the cop (there is only one at a time) in a small, rural town in which everybody owns dogs has to go to a house BECAUSE of their dogs.
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound. As usual, the 'fire continues to remind me why this country is in the shape it's in.

http://www.kvue.com/news/City-of-Florence-responds-to-police-chief-shooting-dogs--157052095.html

The witness might be full of BS, too.

I have a female griffon who runs loose outside my rural home. She looks fierce and barks at strangers. She doesn't bite, and comes up to anybody after a few seconds of doing her job of "defending" her home and tries to get pets and goodies.

I once had the former mail lady gripe to me that my dog bit her hand. I asked to see the bite marks, but this woman refused to show me any. I know exactly what happened.

The UPS driver who makes frequent deliveries here always has a treat in his right hand for the dog. Sadie runs up to him and bumps his right hand, waiting for her goody. She simply was asking this stupid moron mail lady for a treat.

She swore Sadie bit her until the day she was fired for a multitude of other reasons. The one witness in this incident might just be as full of schidt as our mail person. They might also be correct.

I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

"An eye witness who wishes to remain anonymous told KVUE the police chief was being threatened by both of the dogs, acting aggressively, in the front yard."

Not eye "witnesses". Come on, Pat. You're a cop. Attention to detail.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

Bullshit. There is the usual attack on LEO, but it's one sided.
let me know how that works out for you....quick draw mcgraw wink some people shoot back accurately.

And now you are going to defend your friend on the merits of shooting ability with someone you don't know.

Very good.
Just out of curiouosity, Pat. What city did you work in as an LEO?

"An eye witness who wishes to remain anonymous told KVUE the police chief was being threatened by both of the dogs, acting aggressively, in the front yard."

I don't do detail. That's for file clerks. I do dynamic situations. See, the "big picture" is simpler than what the small minded, with their personal agendas, want it to be.
Well, your big picture is countered by an equally, maybe more reliable source. I guess we will see after the investigation.
And any good cop should "do attention to detail." There is a reason OJ isn't in prison for murder. My old man's attention to detail is better than anyone I know, and he was a cop for 24 years in a metropolitan city. Dynamic situations included, of course.

Bullshit. There is the usual attack on LEO, but it's one sided.

Yep, the LEOs stand together. laugh

Actually, I think there are so many more civilians it seems like they're ganging up on the LEOs. Also, the internet exposes a lot more going on that would have been kept quiet, before everyone had a camera phone or a computer.

It would tend to make it seem that the relatively few actual incidents are commonplace. It would follow that all this would make for an Us vs Them atmosphere.

That being said, I also worry that LEO might show too much constraint sometimes at the expense of public safety, all because one slight miss-speak or gesture could spark a firestorm of righteous outrage in the media.
I think the point is that a lot of people realize that dogs are just trying to protect their owners (territory).

Nah... the point that is missed is why the cop (there is only one at a time) in a small, rural town in which everybody owns dogs has to go to a house BECAUSE of their dogs.

Apparently Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire had knocked on the door as a television could be heard inside the house. Just BECAUSE she had been called there for a complaint does not justify shooting into a home with a 9mm or 40 S&W. [bleep], if you cant decipher on how to deal with a couple of dogs guarding someones home without shooting into it, what other 36,000,001 other situations that come before that are you unable to deal with?
yep. And the Chief of Police, no less.

Sort of what I figured Pat. I'll leave it at that girl with the dogs was always a drama queen, as is the rest of her family. I know of the Chief in the video, but don't not know her personally, I'm not saying she's the sharpest tack in the box, but I also dont think she's a dumbazz that would put people in danger for no reason. As usual though the internet made its decision and thats what counts. crazy

Knowing that family, there is more to it than what meets the eye. The dog owner is well known for being one of those "oh poor pitiful me" type people.

Bill
yep. And the Chief of Police, no less.

The perfect alibi to get out of paperwork....

She's smarter than you think...
Dude...there are three cops in that town. That means you either get the chief, or acting chief, every call. The population is about 1000. WTF do you goofballs expect, and why do you think the citizens deserve more for 28K a year?

This "beatch" could have easily killed a two year old kid and their mom who were inside the home at the time.

FLORENCE, Texas -- The Vybiral family are dog lovers; considering their four-legged companions members of their family. It started with Sassy, a six year old Rhodesian Ridgeback. Now this family is mourning, Sassy is dead.

"She's crying, she's hysterical. 'There's blood mom. She's shooting guns.'" Louise Vybiral describes the phone call she received from her daughter Caren Friday afternoon.

Caren says she was watching a movie with her two year old daughter Lilly when gunshots rang out. She thought they were coming from across the street.

"Thought maybe Chevron was being robbed or something. I didn't have any idea what was going on," Caren Vybiral said. "And when I walked to open the door, there was another gun shot."

Caren said Sassy was lying in the door way bleeding. And standing above her was Florence Police Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire. After a short exchange, Caren said the chief ran to the back yard and shot the other family dog that was locked up, a two year old pit bull named Boomer.

"I asked her what is going on," Caren described, "and she said, um, the b-word, did you not hear me knocking on your front door. And I said no, why did you shoot my dogs?"

Apparently Sassy and Boomer got out of the back yard and walked to the Chevron. A city worker called the cops to report the loose dogs. A family friend put the dogs back into the yard, but Sassy got out again.

"It got out, I'm guilty of that, but it was laying on the porch when she shot it," Louise Vybiral said.

But what truly frightens this family, one of the shots went into the home. Fragments of a bullet still lie on the windowsill.

"For an officer of the law to come up into your yard, and fire a shot, or to draw her weapon and aim it towards a home. That shot could have hurt my granddaughter or my daughter, you know. I mean the bullet is in my house," Vybiral said.

"The bullet hole is only two feet from where we were standing, so I mean, it could have been us," added Caren.

KVUE News tried to contact the Florence Police Department, mayor and city council, no one returned our calls or emails. We also went to the police department for comment, but the door was locked.

"She doesn't need to be an officer. She's not upholding the law. Just because she wears a badge doesn't mean she can pull her gun and just shoot anything," Vybiral said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office said they are aware that an incident involving the police chief happened in Florence, but it's not their jurisdiction. The Texas Rangers say they are not yet involved in the case.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Florence-f...ir-two-dogs-at-their-home-156828225.html

I have found most threads that use "gunned down" in their thread title, are usually threads in need of time to gather facts.
Originally Posted by tx270
So, what's the real story on Florence Police Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire

Little [bleep] of a kid? Bravo, well played.
So if I were to read all seven pages of this hysteria, would the thread end the same way it always does, that being in speculation because we have only heard one side of the story?
[Linked Image]

I'm tired of this [bleep].

Twas me, the [bleep] cop would likely be dead along me and my dog. wink

Like they say in the former Soviet Union, "toughski [bleep]!" smirk

Or like we say over here: Bullschitsky!
...I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

That's because the "civilians" start out blindly accepting a media account of what occurred in the incident. Right there you have a tremendous latitude for error, disregarded information and biased reporting.

Then the "civilians" take this biased one-sided story and proceed to even threaten Peace Officer's lives. Yeah, that makes me real supportive of the regular cop-bashers on the board.

Finally, and inevitably, in 99% of the stories here, evidence is uncovered that might, or does, exonerate the Peace Officer(s) of wrong-doing. That evidence and the sources of that evidence are then attacked by our own board's version of the Spanish Inquisition.

Is it any wonder at all that battle lines between the current and former Peace Officers on this board and the same old cop-haters?
[quote=Darrel]That Rhodesian Ridgeback was probably illegal without papers or a greencard and of course the she still had some cartridges left so she shot the other dog for more practice. Or maybe, just maybe, the dogs drew first!
I've been saying that about the Kenyan Bastard, for a Long time.
We need to send this Texan beeatch to DC to gun him down.
ho hum.

Another 'police do stupid things' thread

The usual cops participate, belittling the incident, making fun of anyone that questions ANYTHING that ANY cops do.

Bottom line is, that the people in the house are just damn lucky that the lady gestapo agent was not in fear for her life. In that case, they would all be dead. Officer safety trumps everything, ha know? laugh
Speaking of cop-haters...
The castle law in texas refers to your habitation, vehicle, work place, or place of business. Now, if I am in my house, and you are a stranger in my yard with a gun, can I justifiably say that I shot you because I was threatened and believed that you were trying to gain entrance into my habitation. It sounds a little hazey, but I would say yes. After all, it worked out for Joe Horn. Moral of the story, stay off other people's private property when not invited, and don't shoot another man's house pet.

If you shoot someone in your yard, who hasn't fired a shot at you, safe and sound in your single-wide mobile home, you're next home will have a lot of bars and concrete and you'll be the bride of some black inmate that's 6'5", 280 lbs without an ounce of fat.

===========

You best have some plausible explanation or inbreeding impairment for that pathetic,appalling post,you uneducated,trailer-trash piece of [bleep]. You'd need a ambulance were you brave enough to spout that filth in the presence of others rather than hiding behind your computer's skirt and pretending to be something other than a piece of garbage born with a extra X chromosome.

That serious lack of judgment should get your head caved in,you worthless [bleep] retard.

I'm not a cop.

Best not to test it.
Laffin...you're a pants pissing goofball afraid of his own shadow...and girl scouts.

Bullshit. There is the usual attack on <Bad> LEO, but it's one sided.

One sided, unfortunately.
Most people only know pitbulls from the pitbull hysterics-generating industry. As you've likely learned by now, actually having one yourself, they're the most people-friendly breed of dog out there. Don't raise them the way they do in the ghetto, and they're no problem at all. Raise them the way they do in the ghetto, however, and they are very dangerous animals to have around (because quitting isn't in their nature, and they're quite capable of harm when they put their minds to it), but whether they pose a danger to society is all in how they're raised.
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound.
"Attacking??" Then it will be a simple matter for the Chief of Police to provide pictures of her wounds.

Reminds me of my Chinese sister in law who claimed my Doberman (who had never seen her before) "attacked" her when she very sneakily, and without first announcing herself to a human being, cracked open the back gate into his yard, stuck her head inside, and was promptly, and not surprisingly, charged and barked at. I guess I should be glad my sister in law wasn't a Chief of Police. Some people throw around the word "attacked" very loosely.
Addressed to no one in particular -

Some of ya'll folks seriously need to get a life - cause you ain't got one.

I think the point is that a lot of people realize that dogs are just trying to protect their owners (territory). Shooting at a dog with a high powered center fire pistol with a house as a backstop is an irrational act, especially for the "chief" of police. Back off and get the owner cited, fix the fence, impound the dogs. Don't shoot into the house risking the occupants.
PLUS ONE!

And "threatened" means approached and barked at. What odd behavior for a dog when someone enters their yard, eh?
Dogs get lose twice, a neighbor returns them, cop bangin on the door�
And she didn't hear a thing? WTF was she doing?

That said, don't come on my property and shoot my dog. Wouldn't be good.

Don't be to upset with stubbledick, she's flustered 'cause ain't nobody will breed her.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

no, I don't hate 'em, I just dislike them, and don't trust them at all to have my best interests at heart. I think they are too quick to kill folks, (and dogs), and they are, for the most part, union guys to boot. No cop ever questions another's actions, and always defends another cop's behavior, no matter how egregiously stupid or wrong.

Way too many of you cops equate questioning what cops do to hating them. The two things are vastly different.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
As heated as some of these 'discussions' can get family, but most especially, children should NEVER be brought into it. LTPowell has a beautiful family that he has every right to be tremendously proud of. The smile on his daughters face while shooting with Dad was priceless and his son is putting his life on the line in defense of this country.

I'm sure I speak for others by saying I'm sorry about the previous comments posted by another.

Agreed.
Bringing family into this is beyond the pale, IMO.

Things have sure been nasty around here of late. It's getting old.
I don't hate cops in general and I don't hate civilians in general (I try to remember that people are individuals), so I guess I have some room in me for other things...like thinking stubbleduck's comment about someone's daughter was just his way of letting everyone know he's a piece of hotheaded crap whose judgment and self control is very poor, and one who can't respond well under a little pressure. Good things to remember.

Poorly played, stubbleduck. At a minimum, you owe someone an apology, and the fact that you haven't come to that conclusion on your own yet tells me more about you.

You fiend.

If you shoot someone in your yard, who hasn't fired a shot at you, safe and sound in your single-wide mobile home, you're next home will have a lot of bars and concrete and you'll be the bride of some black inmate that's 6'5", 280 lbs without an ounce of fat.

That is not what happened to Joe Horn. He actually went against the direction of the dispatcher and killed two unarmed men on his front lawn with a shotgun. In the case I am talking about, we would have an armed man, shooting... What kind of cop are you anyway? I have never lived in anything that could be towed. As a matter of fact, I closed on my house at the ripe old age of 24... It even has a fenced in backyard, and gasp, a concrete foundation, WITH a garage. Of course, a simpleton will be liable to jump to conclusions and make simpleton remarks. So, I shouldn't be suprised.
poor dogs , i assume it is another justified shooting by the Police. The dogs must have been terrorists!

Yeah, must have been.

Remind me NOT TO CHEER when homeowners/citizens in this country start shooting back at this kind of gubmnt'l terrorism!

Hopefully the Texas Rangers can/will do something about this abusive act by the keystone female cop.

I am waiting for the second side of the story

but

unless it is very good this is bad

Snake

And keep your sexual fantasies to yourself. This is an outdoor and shooting forum, not a men's day spa.
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Agreed.
Bringing family into this is beyond the pale, IMO.

Things have sure been nasty around here of late. It's getting old.

That was [bleep] sure an awful thing to say & should never, ever be condoned. It's embarrassing and pretty well sickening.

Quite a few sure did condone, justify and make lame assed excuses for a terrible thing posted, not very long ago. The common decency ship seems to have sailed, for quite a few. Regular old keyboard slap fights have gotten more caustic and absurd than ever, here.
Originally Posted by GregW
Addressed to no one in particular -

Some of ya'll folks seriously need to get a life - cause you ain't got one.

I LIVE for the fire!!! har har har!
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

no, I don't hate 'em, I just dislike them, and don't trust them at all to have my best interests at heart. I think they are too quick to kill folks, (and dogs), and they are, for the most part, union guys to boot. No cop ever questions another's actions, and always defends another cop's behavior, no matter how egregiously stupid or wrong.

Way too many of you cops equate questioning what cops do to hating them. The two things are vastly different.

Hear, hear.

Hear, hear.
I don't agree with Mannlicher all that often but I sure agree with him on that.

Hear, hear.

I think Sam makes some good points here, though I am generally "pro LEO" on this forum.

Hear, hear.
Hear, hear, again. I feel exactly the same.
Coming into my yard uninvited is fine! My little Shi Tzu cannot and will not hurt you. I keep her inside. But, if you get bit that's tough [bleep]; my yard has a few (six known at last count) rattlesnakes and I'll be damned if I get rid of them. SURPRISE!? I love surprises! Like dogs and snakes, too.

I'm not a cop.

Lets see, an armed tresspasser is in my yard and shoots my labrador who has no history of violence. I am pretty sure that I am going to be armed and the police will be called. What is the homeowner supposed to think? How can you possibly think it is justified to shoot someones dog. These dogs in the article did not make any mistaked. They did not attack. One was in the cage and the other was lying on the door step. You are trying to create a scenerio where you are an innocent victim and my dog was on the attack... which is not related to this story.

I would likely pull a gun on an armed and dangerous tresspasser in my yard who appears to be shooting 'my protector'. Where it goes from there is hard to predict.
Originally Posted by Darrel
Coming into my yard uninvited is fine! My little Shi Tzu cannot and will not hurt you. I keep her inside. But, if you get bit that's tough [bleep]; my yard has a few (six known at last count) rattlesnakes and I'll be damned if I get rid of them. SURPRISE!? I love surprises! Like dogs and snakes, too.

My kind of yard.
Friendly owner with pets.
Labs aren not violent in IMHO. You have no problems from me.

Responsibility for any pet is a 24/7 job. Not mine as I walk by.
How did your scenario suddenly become about you walking by someone's yard?

Haha, want to kick it off again tonight------------LOL at you. Go meet a girl or something.
That's about the caliber of response I expected.
This has been happening in Austin,TX. If your dogs are outside, even in your own yard, this could happen to you. I live in a small town NW of Austin & have been threatend over my Boxers. I now have armed my house & myself as I live alone. I travel in an RV when I travel & they go with me. When I am home inside my home, so are they, inside my home. My dogs were in the completely fenced yard, 6ft chainlink with bars that go into the ground at the gates. I was called on the phone by small town local police, the dogs were barking at them and if I did not "come home" and get them they would be shot. They did not know I was inside the home, the police made it sound like my dogs were outside the fence, they were shocked when I came out the front door and saw 3 cops standing at my gate & yes my dogs were barking at them, from inside the gate. I have a "feeling" my dogs would have been shot dead in the yard if I had not been there so quick from inside the home. Now,I lock my gates with padlocks & with me inside the home, to protect my dogs & myself from the small town local police. I know there are "good" cops & "bad" cops but when you get that GUN officer, you are to protect & serve the public, not kill our pets & children. Texas & the rest of the USA are becomming policed states. People need to be responsible dog owners, police officers need to be accountable for actions they take, even if it is "just a dog".
Dogs can give you the advantage of TIME to get to your GUNS.
Originally Posted by mad4myboxer
This has been happening in Austin,TX. If your dogs are outside, even in your own yard, this could happen to you. I live in a small town NW of Austin & have been threatend over my Boxers. I now have armed my house & myself as I live alone. I travel in an RV when I travel & they go with me. When I am home inside my home, so are they, inside my home. My dogs were in the completely fenced yard, 6ft chainlink with bars that go into the ground at the gates. I was called on the phone by small town local police, the dogs were barking at them and if I did not "come home" and get them they would be shot. They did not know I was inside the home, the police made it sound like my dogs were outside the fence, they were shocked when I came out the front door and saw 3 cops standing at my gate & yes my dogs were barking at them, from inside the gate. I have a "feeling" my dogs would have been shot dead in the yard if I had not been there so quick from inside the home. Now,I lock my gates with padlocks & with me inside the home, to protect my dogs & myself from the small town local police. I know there are "good" cops & "bad" cops but when you get that GUN officer, you are to protect & serve the public, not kill our pets & children. Texas & the rest of the USA are becomming policed states. People need to be responsible dog owners, police officers need to be accountable for actions they take, even if it is "just a dog".

I smell bullchit.

Dink
Dogs can give you the advantage of TIME to get to your GUNS.
Welcome aboard. Good posts.

Haha, want to kick it off again tonight------------LOL at you. Go meet a girl or something.

You're a douche bag.
Originally Posted by DINK

I smell bullchit.

Dink

+2 Dogchit grin

Gunner
Originally Posted by Darrel

My kind of yard.
Friendly owner with pets.
You two were made for each other or a case study. Maybe both,
mad4myboxer is obviously a [bleep] sock puppet screen name. I hate azzholes that do that. Are they just too afraid to express their opinions? They have to create a new persona to do that?
Pathetic.
mad4myboxer is obviously a [bleep] sock puppet screen name. I hate azzholes that do that. Are they just too afraid to express their opinions? They have to create a new persona to do that?
Pathetic.
You never know. Could be just that. In other words, maybe it's someone who's popular here with the cops, so he feels he can't risk that by expressing this viewpoint as his usual screen name. Then again, he could actually be a new member.
I am sorry I thought this forum was a voice " of the people" from RVers and campers. I see This may not be a voice but for some. I am not a cop just a person who retired from showing Boxers & now am into RV and self reliance from goverment. I was a new member to this forum. I am too old for all the
BULL [bleep]
I am sorry I thought this forum was a voice " of the people" from RVers and campers. I see This may not be a voice but for some. I am not a cop just a person who retired from showing Boxers & now am into RV and self reliance from goverment. I was a new member to this forum. I am too old for all the
BULL [bleep]

then adios.

Just too much of a co-inky-dink for such a moniker to show up on such a thread, and as a first entry into the forum.

BULL [bleep]

then adios.

Just too much of a co-inky-dink for such a moniker to show up on such a thread, and as a first entry into the forum.

I suspect he's you, Sam. grin
We gonna shoot some Damn dogs or youns just gonna set around and have a circle jerk?
We love our Dogs! smile
BULL [bleep]

Just put them on ignore and the whole forum will make sense to you then.

As far as the dogs, I've yet to have an issue with a dog while working. The meanest pitbull I have ran into has been easily disuaded by a shot of pepper spray. However I don't fear dogs being that I worked straight up attack dogs (century dogs) in the USAF and can handle most without issue. But I also beleive when it comes to dogs chit rolls down leash and they are a direct reflection of the owner. Perhaps I would have done differently but then again we don't have ALL the details which is par for the course here. The only person who knows exactly what happened (the chief) has not made a statement as of yet according to the media.
© 24hourcampfire