Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

Bullshit. There is the usual attack on LEO, but it's one sided.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by eh76
let me know how that works out for you....quick draw mcgraw wink some people shoot back accurately.

And now you are going to defend your friend on the merits of shooting ability with someone you don't know.

Very good.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just out of curiouosity, Pat. What city did you work in as an LEO?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound. As usual, the 'fire continues to remind me why this country is in the shape it's in.

http://www.kvue.com/news/City-of-Florence-responds-to-police-chief-shooting-dogs--157052095.html

"An eye witness who wishes to remain anonymous told KVUE the police chief was being threatened by both of the dogs, acting aggressively, in the front yard."

Not eye "witnesses". Come on, Pat. You're a cop. Attention to detail.

I don't do detail. That's for file clerks. I do dynamic situations. See, the "big picture" is simpler than what the small minded, with their personal agendas, want it to be.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, your big picture is countered by an equally, maybe more reliable source. I guess we will see after the investigation.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
And any good cop should "do attention to detail." There is a reason OJ isn't in prison for murder. My old man's attention to detail is better than anyone I know, and he was a cop for 24 years in a metropolitan city. Dynamic situations included, of course.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 06/04/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

Bullshit. There is the usual attack on LEO, but it's one sided.

Yep, the LEOs stand together. laugh

Actually, I think there are so many more civilians it seems like they're ganging up on the LEOs. Also, the internet exposes a lot more going on that would have been kept quiet, before everyone had a camera phone or a computer.

It would tend to make it seem that the relatively few actual incidents are commonplace. It would follow that all this would make for an Us vs Them atmosphere.

That being said, I also worry that LEO might show too much constraint sometimes at the expense of public safety, all because one slight miss-speak or gesture could spark a firestorm of righteous outrage in the media.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rkamp
I think the point is that a lot of people realize that dogs are just trying to protect their owners (territory).

Nah... the point that is missed is why the cop (there is only one at a time) in a small, rural town in which everybody owns dogs has to go to a house BECAUSE of their dogs.

Apparently Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire had knocked on the door as a television could be heard inside the house. Just BECAUSE she had been called there for a complaint does not justify shooting into a home with a 9mm or 40 S&W. [bleep], if you cant decipher on how to deal with a couple of dogs guarding someones home without shooting into it, what other 36,000,001 other situations that come before that are you unable to deal with?

Last edited by rkamp; 06/04/12.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
yep. And the Chief of Police, no less.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pretty interesting video here. Seems eye witnesses say the ridgeback was attacking the officer and the pit only sustained a very minor wound. As usual, the 'fire continues to remind me why this country is in the shape it's in.

http://www.kvue.com/news/City-of-Florence-responds-to-police-chief-shooting-dogs--157052095.html

Sort of what I figured Pat. I'll leave it at that girl with the dogs was always a drama queen, as is the rest of her family. I know of the Chief in the video, but don't not know her personally, I'm not saying she's the sharpest tack in the box, but I also dont think she's a dumbazz that would put people in danger for no reason. As usual though the internet made its decision and thats what counts. crazy

Knowing that family, there is more to it than what meets the eye. The dog owner is well known for being one of those "oh poor pitiful me" type people.

Bill

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
yep. And the Chief of Police, no less.

The perfect alibi to get out of paperwork....

She's smarter than you think...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude...there are three cops in that town. That means you either get the chief, or acting chief, every call. The population is about 1000. WTF do you goofballs expect, and why do you think the citizens deserve more for 28K a year?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rkamp

This "beatch" could have easily killed a two year old kid and their mom who were inside the home at the time.

FLORENCE, Texas -- The Vybiral family are dog lovers; considering their four-legged companions members of their family. It started with Sassy, a six year old Rhodesian Ridgeback. Now this family is mourning, Sassy is dead.

"She's crying, she's hysterical. 'There's blood mom. She's shooting guns.'" Louise Vybiral describes the phone call she received from her daughter Caren Friday afternoon.

Caren says she was watching a movie with her two year old daughter Lilly when gunshots rang out. She thought they were coming from across the street.

"Thought maybe Chevron was being robbed or something. I didn't have any idea what was going on," Caren Vybiral said. "And when I walked to open the door, there was another gun shot."

Caren said Sassy was lying in the door way bleeding. And standing above her was Florence Police Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire. After a short exchange, Caren said the chief ran to the back yard and shot the other family dog that was locked up, a two year old pit bull named Boomer.

"I asked her what is going on," Caren described, "and she said, um, the b-word, did you not hear me knocking on your front door. And I said no, why did you shoot my dogs?"

Apparently Sassy and Boomer got out of the back yard and walked to the Chevron. A city worker called the cops to report the loose dogs. A family friend put the dogs back into the yard, but Sassy got out again.

"It got out, I'm guilty of that, but it was laying on the porch when she shot it," Louise Vybiral said.

But what truly frightens this family, one of the shots went into the home. Fragments of a bullet still lie on the windowsill.

"For an officer of the law to come up into your yard, and fire a shot, or to draw her weapon and aim it towards a home. That shot could have hurt my granddaughter or my daughter, you know. I mean the bullet is in my house," Vybiral said.

"The bullet hole is only two feet from where we were standing, so I mean, it could have been us," added Caren.

KVUE News tried to contact the Florence Police Department, mayor and city council, no one returned our calls or emails. We also went to the police department for comment, but the door was locked.

"She doesn't need to be an officer. She's not upholding the law. Just because she wears a badge doesn't mean she can pull her gun and just shoot anything," Vybiral said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office said they are aware that an incident involving the police chief happened in Florence, but it's not their jurisdiction. The Texas Rangers say they are not yet involved in the case.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Florence-f...ir-two-dogs-at-their-home-156828225.html

I have found most threads that use "gunned down" in their thread title, are usually threads in need of time to gather facts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tx270
OH MY! Not only do I live only about 12 miles from Florence, a buddy of mine dated Caren for about two years! AND THIS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD ABOUT IT!!
HEAR IT FIRST ON 24 Hr CAMPFIRE! LMAO!!
So, what's the real story on Florence Police Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
I think it's great that they allow you guys to have pets in there.

I can assure you Mr. Nazi-THUG, my 'pets' are a helluva lot more important than your goddam little [bleep] of a kid!

Or you wanna come visit me and persuade me otherwise? grin

Little [bleep] of a kid? Bravo, well played.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So if I were to read all seven pages of this hysteria, would the thread end the same way it always does, that being in speculation because we have only heard one side of the story?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck

I'm tired of this [bleep].

Twas me, the [bleep] cop would likely be dead along me and my dog. wink

Like they say in the former Soviet Union, "toughski [bleep]!" smirk

Or like we say over here: Bullschitsky!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
...I notice the battle lines drawn here between LEO and civilians, and they are pretty much as they always are. grin

That's because the "civilians" start out blindly accepting a media account of what occurred in the incident. Right there you have a tremendous latitude for error, disregarded information and biased reporting.

Then the "civilians" take this biased one-sided story and proceed to even threaten Peace Officer's lives. Yeah, that makes me real supportive of the regular cop-bashers on the board.

Finally, and inevitably, in 99% of the stories here, evidence is uncovered that might, or does, exonerate the Peace Officer(s) of wrong-doing. That evidence and the sources of that evidence are then attacked by our own board's version of the Spanish Inquisition.

Is it any wonder at all that battle lines between the current and former Peace Officers on this board and the same old cop-haters?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
[quote=Darrel]That Rhodesian Ridgeback was probably illegal without papers or a greencard and of course the she still had some cartridges left so she shot the other dog for more practice. Or maybe, just maybe, the dogs drew first!
I've been saying that about the Kenyan Bastard, for a Long time.
We need to send this Texan beeatch to DC to gun him down.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 14 invisible), 1,027 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.