Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

This "beatch" could have easily killed a two year old kid and their mom who were inside the home at the time.

FLORENCE, Texas -- The Vybiral family are dog lovers; considering their four-legged companions members of their family. It started with Sassy, a six year old Rhodesian Ridgeback. Now this family is mourning, Sassy is dead.

"She's crying, she's hysterical. 'There's blood mom. She's shooting guns.'" Louise Vybiral describes the phone call she received from her daughter Caren Friday afternoon.

Caren says she was watching a movie with her two year old daughter Lilly when gunshots rang out. She thought they were coming from across the street.

"Thought maybe Chevron was being robbed or something. I didn't have any idea what was going on," Caren Vybiral said. "And when I walked to open the door, there was another gun shot."

Caren said Sassy was lying in the door way bleeding. And standing above her was Florence Police Chief Julie Elliot-Abshire. After a short exchange, Caren said the chief ran to the back yard and shot the other family dog that was locked up, a two year old pit bull named Boomer.

"I asked her what is going on," Caren described, "and she said, um, the b-word, did you not hear me knocking on your front door. And I said no, why did you shoot my dogs?"

Apparently Sassy and Boomer got out of the back yard and walked to the Chevron. A city worker called the cops to report the loose dogs. A family friend put the dogs back into the yard, but Sassy got out again.

"It got out, I'm guilty of that, but it was laying on the porch when she shot it," Louise Vybiral said.

But what truly frightens this family, one of the shots went into the home. Fragments of a bullet still lie on the windowsill.

"For an officer of the law to come up into your yard, and fire a shot, or to draw her weapon and aim it towards a home. That shot could have hurt my granddaughter or my daughter, you know. I mean the bullet is in my house," Vybiral said.

"The bullet hole is only two feet from where we were standing, so I mean, it could have been us," added Caren.

KVUE News tried to contact the Florence Police Department, mayor and city council, no one returned our calls or emails. We also went to the police department for comment, but the door was locked.

"She doesn't need to be an officer. She's not upholding the law. Just because she wears a badge doesn't mean she can pull her gun and just shoot anything," Vybiral said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office said they are aware that an incident involving the police chief happened in Florence, but it's not their jurisdiction. The Texas Rangers say they are not yet involved in the case.

http://www.kvue.com/home/Florence-f...ir-two-dogs-at-their-home-156828225.html

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
poor dogs , i assume it is another justified shooting by the Police. The dogs must have been terrorist

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
She really is a lousy shot. This is not good.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bea175
poor dogs , i assume it is another justified shooting by the Police. The dogs must have been terrorists!

Yeah, must have been.

Remind me NOT TO CHEER when homeowners/citizens in this country start shooting back at this kind of gubmnt'l terrorism!

Hopefully the Texas Rangers can/will do something about this abusive act by the keystone female cop.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dumb [bleep] mad

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
another abuse of the badge

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wanna know a LOT more about the situation before rendering a judgement. Granny didn't hear the cop knocking on the door? or was she hiding for some reason?
The story only mentions two shots being fired, and two dogs down, I don't see where the shots were "wild", the jacket laying on the windowsill might have been splatter from the floor of the porch.

I wanna know a LOT more before casting aspersions in any direction. Of course, I KNOW that's not the Campfire Way, but that's how it is.............

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just stupid.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know that I'd be mad if some cop came to my house and shot the dogs that were protecting my 14 year old and her two kids.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Whatever happen to animal control officers, why would the police chief come to your yard and shoot your dogs. regardless if the animal got loose in the neighborhood?

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Huh? grin

Last edited by eyeball; 06/04/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
rkamp Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okok
Dumb [bleep] mad

You spelled nut wrong.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I know that I'd be mad if some cop came to my house and shot the dogs that were protecting my 14 year old and her two kids.

Leave it to YOU to cut to the chase.................. grin grin laugh Funny stuff, there!

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That Rhodesian Ridgeback was probably illegal without papers or a greencard and of course the she still had some cartridges left so she shot the other dog for more practice. Or maybe, just maybe, the dogs drew first!
It's not surprising, considering what kind of crap is wearing a badge in this day and age! Wonder if the broad would shoot an old man or woman if they couldn't hear her knock on the damn door?
Just another Type A personality in a No. 1 axshole, as usual.
Damn, I'm old an geezer and have a 55% hearing loss. I better be dang careful as some fuggin' cop may want to shoot my arse 'cause I didn't him say something over a mouthful of donut dough!
Hopefully this one will die in a car wreck on the way home! Yeah, I did say that!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
Whatever happen to animal control officers, why would the police chief come to your yard and shoot your dogs. regardless if the animal got loose in the neighborhood?

Pretty sure they are one, and the same, in Florence, Tx.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gosh damn I hope no ever comes out here and starts shootin on my porch. shocked

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Had the same thing (pretty much) happen in San Bernardino a few months ago.

Woman calls police to report some suspicious activity going on at a foreclosed property behind hers.

Police, when they finally arive, instead of going to the address reported, they come to the womans house, and without letting her know, went through her yard, jumped a locked gate into her back yard and when her dog showed up. Just shot him...

Cop later saying he shook the gate to see if there was any dogs with no results.

Cops tresspass and shoot your dog, then come up with some lame brain excuse...

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Gosh damn I hope no ever comes out here and starts shootin on my porch. shocked

Gunner

I'm pretty sure that nobody else would have a chance to shoot a dog of yours if it were [bleep] up. smile

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
..... Police, when they finally arive, instead of going to the address reported, they come to the womans house, and without letting her know, went through her yard, jumped a locked gate into her back yard and when her dog showed up. Just shot him...

Cop later saying he shook the gate to see if there was any dogs with no results.

Cops tresspass and shoot your dog, then come up with some lame brain excuse...

I'm tired of this [bleep].

Twas me, the [bleep] cop would likely be dead along me and my dog. wink

Like they say in the former Soviet Union, "toughski [bleep]!" smirk

Actually, I have heard (several times in all different states) of cops just busting into a back fenced yard, and then summarily murdering the family dog after the [bleep] coppers home-invaded the pooch's turf!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.