Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Nipples, nipple wrench, cleaning supplis, etc..
Looks like Midway is out of stock on several items i needed.

Thanks!

Everyone lives"Downstream!"

Plant Oak Trees! Catch tarpon...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I order some of my stuff from Rydon Corp

http://www.rmcoxyoke.com/home

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
REAL muzzleloaders- Track Of The Wolf

Inlines (AKA wannabes) I don't know.

I always make a distinction. smirk

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by Qtip

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Oh...I'm sorry about your ignorance.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for the replies!
Found what I wanted at Graff&Sons.

Everyone lives"Downstream!"

Plant Oak Trees! Catch tarpon...
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I also order from Graff

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by nosmoke

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Past the off hand remark , Q tip makes a very good point .

Suggested suppliers depend on what type of gun your shooting .
If it�s a traditional muzzleloader , then there are any number of suppliers . The vast majority of those suppliers sell very little that the modern muzzle loading shooter would be looking for .
Prices very greatly . So a lot of us have specific suppliers we use because they sell at a lower cost or are just more reliable in their delivery.
IE ,
In no specific order , Track of the wolf , Dixie , Muzzleloader Builder supply , Gun works, Graff and son , Blackly, Bear River . Pecatonica ���. The list goes on and on and includes a vast number of smaller suppliers that often supply local traditional shooting events and Rendezvous all the way to suppliers dedicated to more period correct items .

On the other hand . If you�re a modern muzzle loading shooter , then your most likely looking for a different type of goods through suppliers that dedicate more to modern muzzle loading firearms .
Some times these suppliers carry a basic set of Traditional muzzleloader supplies . But a lot of times the prices for those supplies are up there.

So I would agree with Qtip. Its best to designate what type of gun �Modern or Traditional � your using so that we can recommend a supplier that carries a large supply of the components your needing .
That way , IF you are a New Traditional Muzzleloader shooter , you don�t get stuck with paying Cabellas , Bass pro , Sportsman, . Midway , Brownells����.. Prices or digging through endless lists of items that are useless to you

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For Traditional supplies I usually go to Track Of The Wolf. They have a good supply, and they get the order out right away.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
For Traditional supplies I usually go to Track Of The Wolf. They have a good supply, and they get the order out right away.

I'm fortunate to be about 30 miles from them, so when I wanted to get started, I was able to visit. They were very kind and helpful.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by captchee
So I would agree with Qtip. Its best to designate what type of gun “Modern or Traditional “ your using so that we can recommend a supplier that carries a large supply of the components your needing.

Agreed, and I learned that the frustrating way.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by nosmoke

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Me, not so much. An azzhole is an azzhole.

I've killed ungulates large and small with sidelock cap guns and flinters and with inlines, and they were all satisfying hunts and good clean kills.

Someone who puts down an entire class of shooters he doesn't know, just because they don't fit his ideal of what muzzleloading hunting should be, is an azzhole.

Anyways, I'm glad the OP found the sources he needed.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We have traditional muzzleloader hunting, and we have modern muzzleloader hunting.

Nothing wrong with either one. Do the one you like best, or like me. Do them both and enjoy them for what they are.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Hey Doc I guess you don't know when someone is poking fun or you just enjoy waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

Maybe I am not the ONLY AZZHOLE here. And by the way I know folks who use inlines and I have shot them; so get your info straight first.

nosmoke,

You have only made NINE posts and I am the one who is ignorant?
WOW!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
You will have to forgive my ignorance, I didn't realize you had to be "Campfire Guide" to be knowledgeable. I will do my best to get my post count up!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hey, I never said you were the ONLY azzhole here... there's lots of us!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I thought I was the #1 azzhole around here?????

Guess I might be the runner up......LMFAO!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'll throw in another vote for Track Of The Wolf for the traditional supplies. I just ordered 28 (+/-) items that were unique to flint lock or unique because of caliber. All items in stock and delivered as advertized.

Things for in-lines can be found about anywhere, including local shops.

Count me among those who'd never knock a guy because of the type of rifle he owns. Don't own a rifle and I ain't got much to say to you, but that's another story.

I shoot everything from flint to a Savage smokeless. They all have their purpose and rewards.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,604 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,943
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.