Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Well, I gave Cabelas a shot and struck out. Shipping charges if you order 'dangerous goods' like powder and primers (and I assume boxes of ammo) is insane (it added an extra $100+ to my order). Guess I'm stuck paying through the nose with the local stores here in Courtenay.

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
One option is to run down to Wholesale sports in Nanaimo, though I'd call first to ensure they have what you are looking for.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are there any distributors in Van? It's been a few years, but what about Scotty's in Duncan (250)746-4923 or Island Outfitters in Vic? They might have a some local sources.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by patbrennan
One option is to run down to Wholesale sports in Nanaimo, though I'd call first to ensure they have what you are looking for.

Yep, that's what I've been thinking. I tried to order a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 from them recently as it was on a great sale and listed on the web site as in stock. I didn't get any "item shipped" email from them for a few days, so I talked to their online chat support who said it was out of stock. I tried to switch the order for a Redfield, and the chat person phoned the stores that supposedly had them in stock only to find they too were out. In the end I got a Bushnell Trophy XLT. So I will phone to see if they have powder and primers, but I'll make sure I have other business in town just in case they don't really have it so it won't be a wasted trip. The other option is Granlund in Campbell River.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The store mentioned above in Vic(Victoria) is one I avoid whenever possible. Their business practises, at least in the gunroom, are poor (I am being polite here). Had an issue with them earlier this year where they tried to jack up the price on a rifle I was interested in, even though I had clarified at least twice with them what I was willing to pay. (rifle was on consignment) I left an offer with them (they had to check with the rifle's owner), got a call later that day accepting my offer, where I clarified (again) exacty what my offer was. No problem, until I had made the trip back to the store to pay for it, where they told me they couldn't sell for that and did I want it at a significantly higher price, take it or leave it. I have a long memory, and unless I am in a real jam they will see no business from me again.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
budgetshootersupply.ca
Located in Surrey and the best place in Canada to get reloading supplies.
Henry, the owner, is fantastic.
Check out the CGN site for feedback.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Tulameen: thanks for that. I got some powder and primers from wholesalesports in Nanaimo for now, but their selection was awful. I talked to Henry at budgetshootersupply.ca and he'll my new supplier for sure.

Last edited by MikeReilly; 06/13/12.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (160user, 10ring1, 222ND, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,571
Posts18,531,909
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.