Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Since the government has no power over God-given fundamental rights like that to keep and bear arms, it's powerless to remove said right. Only God can do that. All government can do is nullify your right to keep and bear arms by reducing you to slave or prisoner status. Then the question becomes whether or not the government was justified in reducing you to that status.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is really a piss poor law and should be ruled un constitutional.
People are being punished for something they did before the law went into effect.
Can a bank robber serve his time, be released, and then face more retroactive punishment?
How about any other type of crime?
Only this one works like that.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am thinking someone would be smart to buy on the local used market, and not hang out at public ranges... whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bow hunting. As for self defense, yeah, you're totally screwed.

The question now becomes whether you have the money, time, and the mind to take on a years long legal battle that would likely go to the supreme court to determine if the law is constitutional. And that's IF you can find a lawyer to take it. And I wouldn't be hopefull when it comes to Brady laws.

Sorry. There's no real good news here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And it's a retroactive law as well.
If ever convicted, no matter how far in the past, you retroactively lost your gun rights when this "WOMEN'S RIGHTS" law passed.
I had always thought there was a prohibition against retroactive enforcement. But not in this case.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It�s laws like this that can make a man a misogynist.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you have the big $$$$ a good lawyer can get it expunged,
if not, sorry, you are screwed.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess it's OK for Wisconsin law to over ride the
US Constitution.
That's totally [bleep]..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Print that and tape it to your gun stock! It authorizes you to use the gun if someone attempts to take it away!

Last edited by GeoW; 06/12/12.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Domestic violence is an enormous F/U.

Even if the victim refuses to press charges you are f*cked.... period.

If anyone here ever gets so angry as to lay a hand on a spouse/girlfriend, turn and run in the other direction.

Spend the night in your truck or what ever you have to do to calm yourself down.

Your gun priviliges (rights?) will be worth every moment you spend away from a bad situation.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a friend who is in the same situation in Calif. He said that he could try to get a judge to expunge the conviction from his record and he then could own firearms. I was going to give him a 22lr as a present.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
get a savage 10ml II

or become a cop- they get to possess weapons with domestic violence records in their past

Negative.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think you should keep posting about it on the internet.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by slumlord
get a savage 10ml II

or become a cop- they get to possess weapons with domestic violence records in their past

Negative.

That's a gem ain't it?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

This place is like Facebook for middle aged and old people.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

That always helps me....

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You were early in the new law of Domestic Abuse. No deferred's (sentences or judgements) were given out and few people even knew to ask for them. Also, local PD's and prosicuters are required to notify the BATF and FBI. And, unless omething has changed in recent history, they ARE NOT required to give a disposition. They only know you have been charged. It's up to you to make sure they know the disposition, especially if there is/was a deferred. You won't know until you buy a gun and they tell you DENIED. KWG

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by GeoW
I guess it's OK for Wisconsin law to over ride the
US Constitution.
That's totally [bleep]..

It ain't Wisconsin law, it's the Lautenberg amendment (federal law) and it's the most blatently unjust BS I've ever seen. Think the rabid anti-gun New Jersey senator Frank Lautenberg for this BS. Not only does it remove your rights for a misdemeanor instead of a felony, it's also retro active. If it's not unconstitutional it should be.

I think the only recourse is to try and get the conviction expunged. This is a perfect example of why you should never just plead guilty to a misdemeanor just to make it go away. Even a speeding ticket, do whatever it takes to keep everything off of your record, you never know when something so seemingly minor will be used against you in the future.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
ConradCA, your friend was misinformed, an inspungement does not seal the record, from the form to exspunge a record
1. I am the person convicted in this case. I am asking that the court record of my conviction be expunged. I understand that if the record is expunged:
� only the court record of the conviction will be expunged;
� other court records and records of the police, the Crime Information Bureau, other law enforcement agencies, and the district attorney will not be affected, AND
� the conviction is not vacated or set aside.
He is [bleep] like I am.

Last edited by BobnRoy257_b4_Bob257AI; 06/12/12.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am trying to catch up here...
are you saying that since 1998,you have not bought a firearm thru a dealer? no 4473's filled out?
but,you are in procession of firearms now?
If you try to get it expunged,what right will the victim have to step forward and start this all over again?
Could a law suit follow from the victim in civil court?

I do believe I would follow the advice given before..keep this off the 'net...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BobnRoy257_b4_Bob257AI
In Nov of 1994 I was guilty of a misdomenior disorderly conduct/domestic violence charge, a one time in my life of 42 years, I am 60 now and none before or after that. I just found out due to the Brady Law that went into effect in Nov 1998, I can not leagally purchase, own or posses a firearm or ammunition. There is no resolve from this as a state pardon or a federal resturation of rights from the Dept of ATF. Any others here or advice would be appreciated, I think the ACLU maybe my only possible option.

Register as a democrat and you will automatically be dismissed of any wrong doing. grin

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (02bfishn, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,571
Posts18,491,880
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.