Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You guys are terrible.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hatari
Gun Show loophole.

Yeah. If I was an anti I'd print this thread to support my views.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GeoW
How can your misdemeanor be viewed as a felony?

[bleep]...catch me if you can!

Here's some more ammo for the anti's. You guys are doing a bang up job.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BobnRoy257_b4_Bob257AI
From the state pardon rules and regs
If I receive a pardon, what rights will I regain?
A person convicted of a felony in Wisconsin loses the right to vote, Wis. Stat. � 6.03(1)(b); to serve on a jury,
Wis. Stat. � 756.02; to hold public office, Wis. Const. Art. XIII, � 3(2), (3); to hold or be granted various
licenses (for example, alcohol and tobacco licenses), Wis. Stat. � 125.04(5)(b) & � 139.34(1); and to possess
firearms, Wis. Stat. � 941.29. The right to vote and the right to sit on a jury are automatically restored by the
Department of Corrections once a person completes his/her sentence, including probation, parole or extended
supervision. Wis. Stat. � 304.078(3).
A person who receives a pardon generally regains the right to:
� hold public office
� hold or be granted various licenses, which is specifically addressed below
� possess firearms
However, your firearm rights will not be restored if you have been convicted of a domestic violence
misdemeanor. 18 U.S.C. � 922(g). If you have been convicted as a felon in possession of a firearm, you must
receive a pardon for both your first underlying felony conviction and the felon in possession of a firearm
conviction in order to legally possess a firearm.
Constructed from the Federal law. I have talked to the NRA and an attorney they tell me I am screwed too, NRA said muzzle loaders are concidered a firearm and is trying to get that change as a foot in the door on this so we can still hunt.

If I was an attorney I would say you can't own a firearm.

Travis

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Rifle,
me and the "victim" are still friends, she has one too when she attacked me, I have guns and an FFL prior to that 94 incident, I purchased a rifle in Nov 2011, they did not get a no responce from the NCIS within 8 days, so they turned it over to me, I got a registered letter from the local Div of the ATF here 10 days ago explaining it all, since have talked to the agent in charge, 2 knowledgable attorneys on the subject, the state NRA rep, the local ATF attorney and all comes up the same, SCREWED!!!!, THEY ALL AGREE IT IS A SCREW!!!! It is a federal felony for me to own, or posses a firearm or ammunition.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Since the government has no power over God-given fundamental rights like that to keep and bear arms, it's powerless to remove said right. Only God can do that. All government can do is nullify your right to keep and bear arms by reducing you to slave or prisoner status. Then the question becomes whether or not the government was justified in reducing you to that status.

"Your honor, my client asks that I explain to the court that you are not Jesus".

Good defense TRH.

Travis

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
DeFlave,
gun show loop hole does not work, I can not be in possetion of a firearm or ammunition. I wonder how many of us are out there and like me did not even know it until I went to buy another gun.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
DeFlave,
gun show loop hole does not work, I can not be in possetion of a firearm or ammunition. I wonder how many of us are out there and like me did not even know it until I went to buy another gun.

I am well aware that your possession of a firearm is against the law. That is my point.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rifle,
me and the "victim" are still friends, she has one too when she attacked me, I have guns and an FFL prior to that 94 incident, I purchased a rifle in Nov 2011, they did not get a no responce from the NCIS within 8 days, so they turned it over to me, I got a registered letter from the local Div of the ATF here 10 days ago explaining it all, since have talked to the agent in charge, 2 knowledgable attorneys on the subject, the state NRA rep, the local ATF attorney and all comes up the same, SCREWED!!!!, THEY ALL AGREE IT IS A SCREW!!!! It is a federal felony for me to own, or posses a firearm or ammunition.

Too bad it came down to that..good luck to you.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WOW!
Your in quite the quandary.
Now, if you carried on your life as tho you didn't know this, didn't get in any legal trouble, how would anyone know you couldn't own a gun?
Do states run you to see if if you can't when you buy a hunting license?
Im not saying break any laws knowingly, just how would you get caught if you never had a run in with any law enforcement?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You maybe be screwed but.. Maybe not:

Were you convicted after a trial or did you plea out?
If you plead out, have you researched whether it is possible to withdraw your your plea and set aside the conviction?

Did the state statute you were convicted of violating contain as a necessary element, the use or attempted use of physical force?

Was the "victim" a current or former spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited with the victim as a spouse, parent, or guardian, or by a person similarly situated to a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim?

Unfortunately, just finding out whether or not you can fix the problem will require the services of an expert lawyer in this particular field.

Last edited by night_owl; 06/12/12.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari
Gun Show loophole.

wink

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by slumlord
get a savage 10ml II

or become a cop- they get to possess weapons with domestic violence records in their past

Negative.
it's been at least several hours since a cop
bash post. Thought I'd throw some chum out. Nothing personal.

Actually it's been noted in my hometown, previous d v records on local police, but then again- we skim the dregs off the MP rosters here at FtCampbell for fresh pulses as they decline re-enlistment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/misdemeanor-domestic-violence.html

Q: Is an individual who has been pardoned, or whose conviction was expunged or set aside, or whose civil rights have been restored, considered convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?

No, as long as the pardon, expungement, or restoration does not expressly provide that the person may not ship, transport, possess, or receive firearms.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No problem. I love Tennessee folks. Thanks for that Alamo thing. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
No problem. I love Tennessee folks. Thanks for that Alamo thing. smile
ahhh, anytime

hey, btw I left my momma's placenta in Corpus Christi

< hugs >

grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Moral of the story: Do not get married, do not have children, never, but never have an intimate or dating relationship with anyone. When you get horney, use a prostitute, your not paying for the sex, your paying for them to leave afterward.

Just joshing, turn off the flamethrowers.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
you need to contact a good gun law attorney and see what they say. not to take away from some of the knowledgeable people here at the fire, but if it were me i would want to get it from the horses mouth

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Hire an attorney who specializes in restoration of gun rights. Cost a few thousand dollars. money well spent IMO

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You can still hunt with a bow.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,244
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.