Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 921 of 1,842 1 2 919 920 921 922 923 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Very nice, Tom. My son's smallie had some purple hues. What a beauty it was. HOw's the Lund doing for you?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice!

Looking at the pics, I actually caught one similar through the ice several years ago.

I released that one without measuring or weighing it because the season was closed on them. I can't remember for sure if it was a closed season or catch and release only season? I just remember I couldn't take it home and she went back in the lake.

It definately put up a fight with the hand over hand method of retrieval!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I would recommend a replica. I will never mount another fish, the replicas are better all the way around. I have 2 replicas and a real mount in my office and NOBODY has ever guessed correcty which is which. They all look good, but the replicas never go bad. If you decide to do it, call Matt at Artistic Anglers in Duluth, he is the best and if you tell him you are a friend of mine, he will only charge you a little extra! Nice fish!

Matt did a Walleye for me, he's VERY good.

Tzone has driven past his shop many times i'm sure.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That dude is getting smaller. 25 pounds smaller than he was in January.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Very nice, Tom. My son's smallie had some purple hues. What a beauty it was. HOw's the Lund doing for you?

The Lund is fine but it ain't no Ranger. The next one probably will be...whenever that is.

Last edited by tzone; 06/11/12.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Berettaman
I would recommend a replica. I will never mount another fish, the replicas are better all the way around. I have 2 replicas and a real mount in my office and NOBODY has ever guessed correcty which is which. They all look good, but the replicas never go bad. If you decide to do it, call Matt at Artistic Anglers in Duluth, he is the best and if you tell him you are a friend of mine, he will only charge you a little extra! Nice fish!

Matt did a Walleye for me, he's VERY good.

Tzone has driven past his shop many times i'm sure.

I know the place. I'll skip that telling him I know you. That didn't work out last time real well. laugh Truth is, I don't have the extra cash right now to pay attention, let alone get a mount done.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
That dude is getting smaller. 25 pounds smaller than he was in January.

Congratulations Bud! Thats awesome!

Now if I could just drop this pesky 30lbs that I need to... whistle

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
I know the place. I'll skip that telling him I know you. That didn't work out last time real well. laugh Truth is, I don't have the extra cash right now to pay attention, let alone get a mount done.

That's ok, because if he's anything like he was/has been.... he won't get around to your stuff for 15 years anyways lol!!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Beautiful day here. Feels like fall.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It was the same here. Loved it.

I was scheduled for jury duty today, but the trial was cancelled. Two more weeks and I'm off the hook for at least 4 years.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I was on it twice. It as during the winter both times, back when I was on a seasonal lay off. It passed the time and I got paid.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've done it befor and don't mind it. If you're selected under the current plan your on-call for a month. Than it's 4 years befor your name can be pulled again.

Under the old plan, you served for 6 months and your name went right back into the pot.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just got done with jury duty. I got elected foreman right away and I wasnt too thrilled with that. The trial was about a guy shaking a gun while driving down the road at another car. Bad luck for that guy....the other car had 2 off duty deputy sherriffs in it! The defense attorney admitted he was guilty of reckless driving...so when we took the first poll of the jury, you can imagine my surprise when some knucklehead said he was innocent of that! I knew it was gonna be a long afternoon. All in all, I am glad I got the chance to do it, I learned a lot and did my service.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am thinking about adopting a dog. I went to the Humane Society today and they have a 2 year old springer mix. Her name is Avery. She is so sweet, but I think I am going back there tomorrow to get to know her better. She is a strey that showed up with a little St. Bernard puppy.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Muffy that dog is waiting for you. I hope you post some pictures of her when you get her all situated at home. Good luck by the weekend Avery will be snuggeled in bed with you. Glad to hear you are about to give a poor dog a good home.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Muffy,In April we adopted a 5 year old Maltese/Poodle mix.Absolutely one of the best dogs I have ever had the pleasure to be around.
Good of you to rescue a stray and get a nice dog who will bring you a lot of fun and pleasure.
Be sure to get the dog micro chipped in case it ever got lost.The cost at the humane society here for this is like $7.
Most humane society rescue animals come with a 30 day health insurance policy just in case there is an unforseen problem.
Get a good dog and you'll never regret it.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
get that little St Bernard too.

It will probably stay little.

whistle

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here are a couple of pics of Avery that are on the website.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

She is 34 pounds.

Ya Dave, I saw the picture of the St. Bernard puppy right away and thought "what a cute little dog". Then I saw the breed.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Get that puppy. smile

get that little St Bernard too.

It will probably stay little.

Yeah, that might happer. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Muffy, a very nice thing you are doing. Do you know what the "mix" part of the equation is? It doesnt have a lot of Springer look to it, but I will be doggoned if I can figure out what the other part is....the white must come from the Springer part. It is taller and lankier than a typical Springer, thus likely that the other part is a bigger dog. Possibly lab? Setter? Pretty neat looking hound dog if ya ask me. I wish you the best of luck with it.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Page 921 of 1,842 1 2 919 920 921 922 923 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.