Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I think the hog tying was to try and prevent harm to himself and the police. I'm sure the police had as much to fear from him as if the guy was armed to the teeth. No a good situation for the police.

Based on the video, I saw nothing to criticize.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The police sure did everything to save his life.

Is didn't see a failure of that in any way. The hobble was necessary to control him. When the officers saw that he was in physical jeopardy they acted appropriately, No issues there.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by crosshair
Makes them act like this. With permanent metal damage sometimes. Like schizophrenia in a package

Not much to criticize, there, though you have to wonder what the hog tying was for. Likely added enough stress to kill him in that condition. Good emergency medical aid once he was unconscious. I also wonder if he'd have been Tasered to death while handcuffed if that camera hadn't been there, up close and personal. One of the cops seemed pretty eager to pull trigger for a Tasing. A high ranking supervisor being there might also have been the reason he didn't pull the trigger.

You are a [bleep]' DISGRACE, [bleep].

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by stray round

I'm trying here. I assumed you were disagreeing that many drugs that are now illegal were once legal.

Is your argument instead that illegality resulted from other reasons than drug's harm to people/society?
My position is that there were reasons for outlawing recreational drugs having little to nothing to do with problems they were causing in society. It was quite clear from context what I was saying. You're playing games.

Not playing games just trying to find the reasoning.

I think you give govt. too much credit to think that 100yr or so ago they made the decesion to make drugs illegal so that we could have a "war on drugs" and ultimately enslave the free people of America, have Fast and Furious, and elect Obama to turn us into a fascist state.

Or that LE decided to ban drugs so they could fund their pensions as you beleive. If things aren't working well because I don't know of any well off police officers but I do know those who have been injured and killed due to illegal drugs.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm trying here. I assumed you were disagreeing that many drugs that are now illegal were once legal.

Is your argument instead that illegality resulted from other reasons than drug's harm to people/society?
My position is that there were reasons for outlawing recreational drugs having little to nothing to do with problems they were causing in society. It was quite clear from context what I was saying. You're playing games.

Not playing games just trying to find the reasoning.

I think you give govt. too much credit to think that 100yr or so ago they made the decesion to make drugs illegal so that we could have a "war on drugs" and ultimately enslave the free people of America, have Fast and Furious, and elect Obama to turn us into a fascist state.

Or that LE decided to ban drugs so they could fund their pensions as you beleive. If things aren't working well because I don't know of any well off police officers but I do know those who have been injured and killed due to illegal drugs.

It's all about power and authority and who gets to wield that power and authority. And passing laws based on one�s morality that one believes is superior to everyone else�s mortality.

Liberty is very dangerous to the State.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It's the new PCP/Crazy Eddie/Angel Dust, looks like.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's all about power and authority and who gets to wield that power and authority. And passing laws based on one�s morality that one believes is superior to everyone else�s mortality.

Liberty is very dangerous to the State.
===============

You appear to be living proof of the drug's dangers.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have given this a lot of thought.

This crap is a poison with no useful purpose.

Should we allow a deadly poison to be sold with the expression purpose of human consummation?

I say no.

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by temmi
I have given this a lot of thought.

This crap is a poison with no useful purpose.

Should we allow a deadly poison to be sold with the expression purpose of human consummation?

I say no.

Snake

YES. I'd be willing to pay taxes to build a super walled city for these nuts. Survival of the fittest don't you know. That would be cheaper than prisons and then turning them lose again.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

Also, keep in mind that no one is more in favor of drugs staying illegal than the drug importers and drug dealers on the streets. They'd suddenly have to look for other work were drugs legalized.

I don't completely disagree, but are you thinking that they would suddenly get good jobs and live crime less lives?

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The drug trade would simply compete against the government and provide a much better product,both by volume and strength. How are kids through the age of 21 going to get their drugs?

To think the cartels would be out of business because the government made the possession and use of drugs legal is a naivety beyond imagination.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
but, their impact on the social order might be reduced?

if i made money defending drug users, and their suppliers, might i be considered a bit biased because of money/revenue issues?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How would it's impact on the "social order" be reduced? Crime numbers are far significantly higher because of the "use" of drugs,not the "sale" of them. Is there some other social order concept you were thinking of?

I also pay money defending drug users and suppliers,as well,as do you. So,help me understand your lawyers make money relevance.

Last edited by RISJR; 06/14/12.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Life as a Stephen King Movie,.... eek

GTC

color:#660000]Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/fir...-man-on-bath-salts-incident?CID=obinsite

First photos of face-eating victim; another naked man on �bath salts�

A second case of a menacing naked man believed high on �bath salts� has surfaced. The incident occurred in a park in North Miami Beach, not far from the scene of a grisly attack in which a naked homeless man thought to be under the influence of the same designer street drug brutally cannibalized another, chewing off 80% of the victim�s face.

Of the current case, CBS Miami reports that the assailant, Shane Shuyler, made sexual advances toward a toddler as she and her mother walked past the park bench where he lay naked. According to the police report, he turned and faced the 3-year-old, gestured toward his exposed genitals, and made an obscene suggestion. The mother and daughter fled, heading to the North Miami Beach Police Department, which adjoins the playground.
View slideshow: Progress of victim of face-eating attack[/color]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've often thought it would be cheaper to give the stuff away. Maybe give them a special are to live in so I can show my kids what drug users look like vs. the image they get from some mtv pos getting rewarded for being a louse. I think less innocent people would be affected by drugs if they were legal. Take the profit out, they won't bring in drugs for free. Seems to me until the early 1900s people could buy hash oils, opiates, pot,etc., and none of that seems any worse to me than alcohol has been for society.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
as a taxpayer, in my limited understanding of the on-going drug wars, i wonder what it is we're attempting to achieve. really.

there does seem to be a demand for drugs. and then there's the suppliers of drugs who work for a potential profit, and the risk of a x amount of time in prison where they are further educated in the nuances of the "trade."

the first conclusion i come to is that drugs are amongst us, good or bad, for better or worse. the drug war as now fought has been a dismal failure. wars are won and wars are lost. it happens all the time, nothing new here.

i'm not a lawyer, drug dealer, or enforcement officer. i'm a taxpayer covering the costs of all the above, more or less.

if we legalized medical marijuana production, how much of the drug industry might just disappear off the face of the Earth? and then add in rural economic development potentials, less the impacts on the multi-national pharmaceutical industry?

we have been given an opportunity to re-address our drug problems whether the democrats or the republicans take the stage in November.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I agree with most of you that the alleged "war on drugs" is a horsechit plan at best. But what is the alternative. Legalize it? Don't think so. Decriminalize it, sounds nice and fuzzy until it's your kid smoking pot and then you are faced with the bullchit excuse of "it's OK it's not ILLEGAL." Yes that falls back on parenting mostly. It is a waste of money and all the other labeling it has that has been rehashed here but what's a good solution? No one has put a realistic one up yet. Most dopers do die off eventually but how many innocent people will they take with them by running them over in a car or shooting while robbing their homes for scripts when they run out? It would be nice to decriminalize it and just put a bounty on dopers like they were rats but that won't happen.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by brinky72
I agree with most of you that the alleged "war on drugs" is a horsechit plan at best. But what is the alternative. Legalize it? Don't think so. Decriminalize it, sounds nice and fuzzy until it's your kid smoking pot and then you are faced with the bullchit excuse of "it's OK it's not ILLEGAL."
Is that what happens when your kids drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by brinky72
I agree with most of you that the alleged "war on drugs" is a horsechit plan at best. But what is the alternative. Legalize it? Don't think so. Decriminalize it, sounds nice and fuzzy until it's your kid smoking pot and then you are faced with the bullchit excuse of "it's OK it's not ILLEGAL."
Is that what happens when your kids drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes?

No but it is what happens to kids and prescription pills. Hell they're legal and there could be no way those are abused.tic

We're all inundated with adds on TV promoting the benefits of prescription drugs but God forbid cigarettes or hard alcohol be advertised.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What I'm trying to say is that legal, illegal, good or bad people will do what people will do. No law or prohibition is gonna' stop that segment of the population.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.