Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JJ,
I just completed all the RSA forms and yesterday sent them VIA Federal X to the agent in RSA that is acquiring our gun permits. There was nothing in the SAPS 520 forms or the forms or instructions supplied by the agent about a copy or original of airline tickets or reservations. It was required to provide arrival and departure dates, airline, and flight numbers (black ink only). They also required notorized copies of certain identification documents such as passport, firearms license or US Customs form 4457,etc. I should know next week if all is OK for approval. If there is a problem, I will update this post.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
CR,
Where you headed and when? My wife and I are off to the Eastern Cape, again on June 8. I would leave now but, don't think we could be gone from the grandkids that long!
Mark

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mark,
A group of us will be hunting in late May and early June with Chris Troskie Safaris, but not at his main camp in nothern Limpopo. Due to the list of target animals, we will be somewhere in eastern RSA. I have been told the specifics, but have been so busy loading ammo and practicing, that I have forgotton the exact location.
Speaking of grand kids, I asked my 11 year old grandson if he wanted to go with me and he said nope, the plane ride is too long.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Wow! When I was 11 I could ride a plane a long time to go hunting.He will go when he is ready. Where do you live? I am North of Austin.
Mark

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On a little horse farm north of Dallas.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Texasmark, I am also heading out with wife and son on June 8. Leaving KC in early morning to catch Emirates flight out of Dallas. Through Dubai and on to Joburg.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Tankerjockey,
That will be great. We are leaving on June8 and arrive in Joberg on June 10. We will catch a connecting flight to Port Elizabeth at 11:55 AM. When do you get to Joberg and where are you hunting?
Mark

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by writing_frog

Hi Mike,

For sure, very easy for all south american and mexican drug smugglers, gangsters and other schhitt coming from south by the thousand! mad Easier to control Euro tourist from Frankfort, London or Paris Airport.
They even have some firearms, given by your goverment for what i've read on the Fire. crazy

Just kidding too laugh even if it's more crying than laughing situation cry
Going to the range burn some powder.
Have good weekend and good shooting

Dom

Monsieur Grenouille,

As in all matters that involve bureaucrats, you must follow the instructions precisely.

To import firearms as a Foriegn National for sporting or "business" purposes, you must first contact an "arms dealer" in another country and order your assault weapon of chose. AK's are always a favorite. Your arms dealer will then make contact with a BATF agent, who will sell him contraband weapons clandestinely approved by the US Dept. of Justice. (Google "fast and furious" if the details elude you)

Upon delivery of your desired rifle, you are then required to sneak illegally into the United States through our porous southern border. Once here, move to a Sanctuary city such as Denver or Berkley, Ca., speak Spanish, and you are free to do as you please.

It seems, Se�or Frog, that you have not explored the accepted and culturally expedient way of getting things done. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who are you hunting with out of PE?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hatari,
We are hunting with Blaauwkrantz Safari's. Arthur Rudmann. It will be our Third trip with them. We always have a good time and have gotten to know them pretty well.
Mark

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had no problems as I sent a printed copy of my e-ticket along with all the other forms to Air-2000 and they got my permits just fine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oops, almost forgot to report. I followed the Air 2000 instructions with the paperwork they provided and there were no problems. They met our party of five as we deplaned and walked us through it all until we were at the curb and ready to drive away.

For our return, they met our bus at the curb and walked us through all until everything was checked. Great service from Air 2000!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
C.R.,
Did I meet you and your family in Joberg on Monday? I didn't properly introduce myself to the couple I was speaking to. I met so many hunters in passing at Airports I can't keep them straight!We came from PE on Monday at around 5pm and visited with several hunters in the airport while the guns were being transported to the police office. We had a great hunt and I'll get to that on another thread.
Mark

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mark,
Our party of 5 was composed of a couple from Maine, two men from Denver, and myself. We did meet a Judge and his daughter from New York state when checking our guns and had a nice visit with them in a cafe and saw them again on the plane to JFK.
Here is a link to the couple's plains game story with pix.

http://www.africahunting.com/south-...-safari-2012-our-first-but-not-last.html

Last edited by crshelton; 06/21/12.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
CR,
It was not you. This was a couple with his Dad and two children.
Anyway hope ya'll had a wonderfull trip.
Mark

Have just brought clients in transit through to Cameroon and the standards are the same , nothing has changed as my clients filled in forms when they arrived with fireams.. We still do imports pre arrival at veritas hse in pretoria ...

The most important thing is to have the invitational letter that states everything , length of stay etc etc who you hunting with where you hunting,,,
Common sense depicts that they can have a original hard copy on your arrival and fill in the form when you arrive in JHB...

When we transit clients we ask them to hold firearms in the safe for us , or i do the application for everybody as it is easier if you doing a overnight in jhb to catch tz flights out the following day.
Again its the invitational letter written out by the outfitter you hunting with that will stop all gun imports in their tracks if you dont have one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1badf350, 257Bob, 260Remguy, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.