Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jdogg Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
All - is Keith still in business? I spoke to him a month ago and was told my deer was being shipped. A month later I still have not received my deer, nor can I get anyone to answer the phone.

Does anyone know if he is still in business?

Not here to bad mouth Keith, I know he has had some recent struggles, just want to know if his shop is still up and running?

Last edited by Jdogg; 06/18/12.

Psalm 18:34 ->>---->
He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There was a semi-epic thread on that place here awhile back. It may show up on a search.

MAGA
Jdogg Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I found it...but it doesn't mention if he is still in business or I just missed it...anyone know if he is still in business?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like the consensus was that he was no longer "in business", but if you spoke with him a month ago, quien sabe? Perhaps one of the locals will check in with him...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would possibly call one of the local sporting goods store or chamber of commerce. However, I doubt a city the size of Colorado Springs Chamber would know anything. Were it me I would check around the gun and archery shops.

There is a Colorado state taxidermist association as well that might be a resource for you.

Good luck!

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think you have the name wrong. The phone book has
Mount'n High Taxidermy, 475-9572, 308 S 8th st,

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Jdogg, yes he is still in business !
I just now got off the phone with him,he answered the phone quit promptly..
GOOD LUCK!

Also, a little tip for ya..... Try calling from a phone # other than the one he has on file for you. I'll bet he picks up. It worked for me when I couldn't get a hold of him.

Last edited by campcreek66; 06/19/12.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ugh.

Jdogg Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by campcreek66
GOOD LUCK!

Also, a little tip for ya..... Try calling from a phone # other than the one he has on file for you. I'll bet he picks up. It worked for me when I couldn't get a hold of him.

I am losing confidence and he has had my deer since Nov 2010 with numberous promises to have it done and to me--none delivered on.

Like I said, I know he has had some struggles lately but it would be nice to get the truth and/or have one of my NUMEROUS phone calls answered.

It's getting to the point that I want my horns, cape and deposit back or I want it completed as promised so many times.

If I could get a call returned or have my calls answered, it might make me feel better....uggggg.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by campcreek66
GOOD LUCK!

Sounds like the kind of guy one would want to do business with..... crazy

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can't believe the controversy over this Mnt-High taxidermy dude in the last couple yrs. I'm surprised he is still in business.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Low prices certainly attract the customers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Uhh Ohh!!!!

Jdogg Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Had a buddy go by the shop today...sign on the window says he is in business. No one in the shop, no one answering the phone.

I WOULD LIKE MY HORNS, CAPE, DEPOSIT AND/OR FINISHED DEER...OR AT LEAST A CALL BACK...

VERY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT...THIS WAS MY FIRST DECENT MULE DEER AND A VERY MEMORABLE BACKPACK HUNT.

NOT LOOKING GOOD.

Last edited by Jdogg; 06/26/12.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't know why anyone would have a mont done by someone thousands of miles away and then pay shipping on top of the mount price. Have your stuff done local and don't give them the horns until they are starting your mount. No taxidermist is going to keep my horns for a year or two when all they are doing is sitting in the corner waiting for him to get around to start work on the cape.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My reason, if I get a muley or pronhorn mounted, for having someone thousands of miles away do the work is that I don't know of any local (Indiana) taxidermists whom have done any of those species. Same reason I didn't pick a local guy do my Sitka blacktail mount, I wanted someone who's done one before and I could check out his work on that species prior to putting my money down.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by pointer
My reason, if I get a muley or pronhorn mounted, for having someone thousands of miles away do the work is that I don't know of any local (Indiana) taxidermists whom have done any of those species. Same reason I didn't pick a local guy do my Sitka blacktail mount, I wanted someone who's done one before and I could check out his work on that species prior to putting my money down.

Had my first pronghorn done local and the second one done in Wyoming and shipped. If you look at the mounts side by side, I wouldn't have to tell you which one is which.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
Originally Posted by pointer

Had my first pronghorn done local and the second one done in Wyoming and shipped. If you look at the mounts side by side, I wouldn't have to tell you which one is which.

If you want a mule deer to look like a whitetail then take it back east to have it mounted.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is a total crook of chit. There are some very fine well respected and well awarded Taxidermist on the East coast. Going by your assumption then all North American Taxidermist do chit work on African game. Its not the location of the taxidermist its their skill set.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think mulies are one of the hardest things to mount, and have them look "right."

Unless the taxi has spent a lot of time working on mulies, then you are probably just going to get an average looking "deer" out of the deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 59 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,892
Posts18,518,350
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.