Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So just because I'm a union member I'm scum?

Let me tell something to all the jerk-offs here that think they know everything. I work for one of the top 5 concrete companies in the nation, not because we're union, because we regularly kick the competitions @ss in quality and efficiency.

By the way, the Jackwagon that doesn't think workers should get to sit down for break, or have water supplied on site has never poured concrete in 100 degree heat.

I've worked for both union and nonunion companies and I'm not saying that unions are perfect, but they sure as hell ain't the antichrist either.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm all for the workin' man union or not doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

Hard work and feeding your family is nothing to look down upon.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Penguin
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by CCCC
Penguin/Will - your posts do create some doubt that you have any real knowledge to offer here? Rather than tossing out vague jargon and terms seemingly intended to belittle others, why not use your time and wisdom to explain your "strip mining" concept as applied to the decline of manufacturing in the US. With the assumption that you are as smart and knowing as you present yourself, let me note that I have a fairly good brain and some life experience - and many others here have more of both than do I - so there is a better than even chance that we will understand your theories. What say you?

You're way too kind, CCCC.

I have no tolerance for those like the Penguin who take such a condescending, belittling tone and in reality offer NOTHING meaningful to the conversation.

I have been accused of many things over my tenure here but condescending only in repay of kind. Might want to check your tone out if my gibes cause you to cringe.

Fact is I've been listening to economic gibberish around here for so long that most of it I just ignore. I only speak up when things get so comically out of kilter than a normal response has to include some level of attention getting... call it condescending if you will but blaming unions for the decimation of American industry is putting the cart before the horse.

I asked you about currency manipulation which is used to permanently underprice another country's labor costs... you ignored me.

I asked you about the textbook mercantilism which China, Japan, and many other countries have employed to strip productive capacity from the US... you ignored me.

I asked you to comment on the use of the dollar as reserve currency and its contribution to the loss of industry (because it facilitates the first two)... and was again ignored.

These aren't rhetorical questions. They are the means and ways with which one country can target and take down the productive industry of another country. These are the primary foundations upon which a chronic and non-selfcorrecting trade deficit is laid. These are enablers of the dollar recycling trade which has mutated our economy from a muscle bound industrial giant into a bubble generating, debt fueled zombie that staggers from one emergency to another.

I don't pay much attention to the gibes directed to me on matters economics. I remember well several years ago when I warned of an economic collapse and was ridiculed. I remember a damned large portion of the people supporting you on this thread agreeing that the onset of the crisis was a 'Democratic conspiracy to talk down the economy'. I remember people here applauding the imbecile Phil Gramm when he spoke of a 'mental recession'.

I'm not trying to pick on you, honestly I'm not.

But to understand ~why~ and ~how~ the economy has been strip mined necessitates going beyond coin operated economists and know it all pundits. You are going to have to understand that there are now two economies the produce/consume traditional one and the finance based one that has become parasitic in nature and is encouraging the very policies that are causing the middle class to wither.

Blaming unions is worse than being merely wrong it misdirects the honest blame from those who have helped to devalue goods producing activities. It distracts from the fact that the most massive fraud in the history of mankind has only recently concluded and the statutes of limitations is running out without the prosecution of one single Wall St welfare queen.

So forgive me if I seem trite... tbh I've just heard the usual ideological bullshit machine running one too many times.

Will

Its useless trying to have a conversation with a republican. They are as senseless as seagulls...as soon as one squawks they all join in for a squabble.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Where is the proof of Bush's intentions, TooDogs? He sure as hell did NOT do it: OBAMA DID!

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I thought "Union" was slang for "I'm a lazyasss". You'd never make it in the oilpatch.

I know, Im not a drunk cokehead with a grade 10 education and 2 ex-wives.

The oil patch aint for everyone...rig pig.

Does your union tell you how often you're allowed to wipe your azz every day too?

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/18/12.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I thought "Union" was slang for "I'm a lazyasss". You'd never make it in the oilpatch.

I know, Im not a drunk cokehead with a grade 10 education and 2 ex-wives.

The oil patch aint for everyone...rig pig.

Does your union tell you how often you're allowed to wipe your azz every day too?

Nice rebuttal you know-nothing rig pig. I [bleep] AND wipe my ass on my own. During my mandated/collectively bargained breaks (that is if its not too busy to take breaks)...I know I know..a union dog NOT taking breaks?!?!?

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What a train wreck of a thread....

Ribka, Tell us more about this stage collapse, Talk about a Barry Bonds type swing and a miss.........

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey Jughead, are you too stupid to realize there's more to the oilpatch than rigs? Get out of the office sometime. There's lots oilpatch in Canada too lazyazz, you should know better. You clowns don't know what hard work is.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Its useless trying to have a conversation with a republican. They are as senseless as seagulls...as soon as one squawks they all join in for a squabble.

I don't know who you are referring to, I'm an Independent.
Although given the two evils I'd sure as hell hold my nose and align myself with the GOP rather than the Democrats.
It's why I'll be voting for Romney rather than Zero.

See how your above qoute measures up with the liberal Occupy movement...my friend irony.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth

And one can see why the SEIU, longshoreman, teamsters and others have been beating the chit out of those who they disagree with for many decades...always in numbers mind you, and always with a blind eye by the public sector members--cops etc., and the progressive media.

Union blood runs thick.
Hey I've been forced to be a part of unions, but my opinion and voting lever are beyond their reach.
It's a shame for many union membership doesn't = common sense.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth

And one can see why the SEIU, longshoreman, teamsters and others have been beating the chit out of those who they disagree with for many decades...always in numbers mind you, and always with a blind eye by the public sector members--cops etc., and the progressive media.

Union blood runs thick.
Hey I've been forced to be a part of unions, but my opinion and voting lever are beyond their reach.
It's a shame for many union membership doesn't = common sense.

Some do get it...it's why 35% of WI union members voted for Walker.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I knew this thread would bring out all of the Obama luvers out of the closet whistle

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Hey Jughead, are you too stupid to realize there's more to the oilpatch than rigs? Get out of the office sometime. There's lots oilpatch in Canada too lazyazz, you should know better. You clowns don't know what hard work is.

No theres [bleep] all to the patch. Ive seen drug addicts have a go at it and make great money and go places with it. Operating isnt hard. And Im well aware of our oil patches.

Also the view from my office is great, it varies from 20-150 feet above mindless operators heads. Although the 115+ degree ambient temps can be uncomfortable at times while doing hoist and bridge reducer changeouts, end truck repairs/swaps, motor installs, etc.

I'll let you use your texas-googlefu to decipher what an end truck is.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ribka
I knew this thread would bring out all of the Obama luvers out of the closet whistle

So Ribka, whats the deal with the stage? Did you get any sweet insider leads on it re:union conspiracy/cover-up?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
So just because I'm a union member I'm scum?

Let me tell something to all the jerk-offs here that think they know everything. I work for one of the top 5 concrete companies in the nation, not because we're union, because we regularly kick the competitions @ss in quality and efficiency.

By the way, the Jackwagon that doesn't think workers should get to sit down for break, or have water supplied on site has never poured concrete in 100 degree heat.

I've worked for both union and nonunion companies and I'm not saying that unions are perfect, but they sure as hell ain't the antichrist either.

That Jackwagon hasnt stepped foot in a Mill let alone spun a wrench in same, most assuredly not 50 feet above a heat treat furnace on a down crane with the mill waiting to come ahead because of said crane
His tune would change pretty quick the second his pusssy sweat soaked through his thong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They might if the government wasn't sucking the life out of them with taxes and social security.

[Linked Image from ]
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Lets have a bump for such an enlightening thread.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ok.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,748
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.