Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Bob Ward�s in Bozeman has an 06 and a 270 Model 70 EW for $879. I was interested in the 06 and was looking it over when I found that it would not lock down the bolt down when the safety was all the way back in position 3. As I was mentioning this issue to the counter-kid, a booming voice from beside me said �That is how Winchester has been building them since 2010.� Followed with, �I have one and�� and without missing a beat �I have a gunsmith friend and he says�.� I asked the counter-kid for the .270 and showed him and the �counter-expert� how the three position safety should function. The expert then said �Well- Winchester builds some that do lock down and some that don�t.� Yep- I guess he is right about that. CP.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eggspurts... laugh

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a jackass. Some do and some don't...........ppppffffffffttttttttttttttttt............

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, that makes perfect business sense, make the same safety function differently on every rifle.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by CP
The expert then said �Well- Winchester builds some that do lock down and some that don�t.� Yep- I guess he is right about that.

Some will, unless they won't.

You can tell by the code embedded in the serial number.

Simple, actually.... wink

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
one of the many reasons why i don't talk to anyone when i am at a gunstore. i only go to handle guns. when i buy it is over the internet and shipped to my gunsmith. if i have a questions my gunsmith will know the answer, not some minimum wage wannabe.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
People didn't do stupid stuff like that when it was acceptable to slap the taste out of an idiot's mouth.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not sure what it is about Bob Ward's, but I believe I've heard more gun-counter idiocy there than all other's combined.

Did I mention I can't stand the place?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
People didn't do stupid stuff like that when it was acceptable to slap the taste out of an idiot's mouth.

I love that..... grin. Great post....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Its harder and harder for me not to ask people like that "Why are you talking to me?".

Last edited by Flfiremedic; 06/17/12.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I love that..... grin. Great post....

Thank you,
Whenever you advocate violence, there is a chance that someone will get offended. The truth is, there are many times when swift violence is the answer.

Just my opinion.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by KDK
Yep, that makes perfect business sense, make the same safety function differently on every rifle.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What nonsense. I'd never do business with such a flat-out liar like that. Or, maybe he's just "ignorant". Ignorance is optional.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Brad
I'm not sure what it is about Bob Ward's, but I believe I've heard more gun-counter idiocy there than all other's combined.

Did I mention I can't stand the place?

Minimum wage and gun counter expertise don't usually happen simultaneously.

When I lived in Hamilton, I stimulated the economy at the Bob Wards and the make-it-up stuff I heard there never bothered me. However, I believe that my brain had an ignore function then. Now that Alzheimer's has kicked in, that switch is getting a bit funky.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The problem for me is that every time I find a gun guy that knows what is going on he dies of old age.I really miss having an old guy behind the counter that could help you get what you want.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Some people just need to have an opinion about everything and will create an answer just to have something to say. I have a good friend whose dad is that way. He says some of the most outrageous things in the most bombastic authoritative manner. There are guys who will suddenly have urgent business elsewhere if they find out he is coming along on an excursion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I dunno anything about Bob Wards but the maroon with the loud mouth sure is a work of art.
B.I.F.

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I love it when things like that happen to me. Granted, I am no expert... But they sure are fun to talk about.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Mean while "Some do-Some don't"...
Sez a lot about Winchesters quality control..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bear_in_Fairbanks
I dunno anything about Bob Wards but the maroon (moreron) with the loud mouth sure is a work of art.
B.I.F.

There I fixt it for ya. grin grin

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

438 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,848
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.