Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I ordered an edge on 12/25. It was sent to me the end of April. It was not correctly inletted so I sent it back to McMillan. I'm still waiting for it 2 months later.

Marc
GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My KS Edge was shipped yesterday. Ordered in February.
My call to McMillan last week resulted in a callback due to what the customer service rep described as 10,000 stocks "back there". I do not know if that was an exaggeration
Customers waiting 6-8 months for product is unacceptable industry standards. Why McMillan does not purchase or lease additional equipment and increase their work force is nonsensical. They may be riding the wave for now, but it will come crashing down sooner than later with these practices.
I also find it odd that their competition isn�t more..., competitive?
DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmm....

I ordered an M7 KS Edge on March 7, one week after you told us all that they were available. Guess we will see if they did a "batch" or not.

Now with even more aplomb
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
JPro, I noticed KDK said his had been shipped so I'm presuming they did a batch. I was surprised to read he'd received notification that his was being shipped and that's what prompted my call to McMillan. Dick D said I was the first to inquire about the KS which resulted in McMillan offering them to the general public, now that they are no longer proprietary. Supposedly mine was the first ordered.
What will you put in yours?

While waiting on McMillan, I essentially built my own...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DMc; 06/21/12.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A rebarreled Rem 660. I'm looking at two SS700 take-off sporter barrels, one being 7-08 and the other .308win. Guess I'd better pick one and have it screwed on. It'll be cut somewhere around 20" and should make for a light knockabout rifle. I killed my first deer with a dogleg remington and always wanted one "done right".

IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
hehehe... see picture above and below.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by DMc; 06/21/12.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. I'm guessing 6.7lbs or so for mine with 12oz of optics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ordered mine last November,its been 29 weeks and still havent seen it. Will be my last.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's certainly understandable. Shame
DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
I ordered mine last November,its been 29 weeks and still havent seen it. Will be my last.

That's getting to be my thoughts.

If yours a Ruger??

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There must be a method to their madness, but I don't know exactly what it might be. The only time I ever ordered a Ruger handle, I ordered a Remington 700 handle on the same day. Both arrived together when they were ready, about 3-4 months later.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by irfubar

Yeah, that's pretty sad having to wait that long and still not have your stock. McMillan should hire more people and/or expand. No reason for that long of a wait.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro
Hmmmm....

I ordered an M7 KS Edge on March 7, one week after you told us all that they were available. Guess we will see if they did a "batch" or not.

Originally Posted by DMc
JPro, I noticed KDK said his had been shipped so I'm presuming they did a batch. I was surprised to read he'd received notification that his was being shipped and that's what prompted my call to McMillan. Dick D said I was the first to inquire about the KS which resulted in McMillan offering them to the general public, now that they are no longer proprietary. Supposedly mine was the first ordered.
What will you put in yours?

While waiting on McMillan, I essentially built my own...

[Linked Image]

Just a quick note of clarification... mine is for a LA 700, not a Model 7. Dunno if that matters or not.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KuduBull
I ordered an edge on 12/25. It was sent to me the end of April. It was not correctly inletted so I sent it back to McMillan. I'm still waiting for it 2 months later.

The thing that would bug me the MOST is if I placed an order an it was not right when received (not inletted corectly etc.),and after returning it you still have to wait months to get the problem solved.

It seems those cases should/would get immediate attention (priority) and returned to the customer ASAP. Tying up hundreds of dollars for a product you never see for months on end is pretty bad CS.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro
There must be a method to their madness, but I don't know exactly what it might be. The only time I ever ordered a Ruger handle, I ordered a Remington 700 handle on the same day. Both arrived together when they were ready, about 3-4 months later.

I ordered a Howa and a Ruger within a week of each other in mid-December. The Howa arrived in March....

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

The thing that would bug me the MOST is if I placed an order an it was not right when received (not inletted corectly etc.),and after returning it you still have to wait months to get the problem solved.

It seems those cases should/would get immediate attention (priority) and returned to the customer ASAP. Tying up hundreds of dollars for a product you never see for months on end is pretty bad CS.

Yeah, and what pisses me off the most is Rick checked on it 5 weeks ago, and Ryan told him they were slammed and they would not get to for a few weeks. Then I got an email from McMillan saying they would sent it to me last week. I still do not have it. Maybe they sell enough stocks that they do not care when they screw over a few customers in the process.

Marc
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Yeah, and what pisses me off the most is Rick checked on it 5 weeks ago, and Ryan told him they were slammed and they would not get to for a few weeks. Then I got an email from McMillan saying they would sent it to me last week. I still do not have it. Maybe they sell enough stocks that they do not care when they screw over a few customers in the process.

At least you got an email which is more than I've gotten from them.

Generally when it comes to anything to do with guns, I realize you need to be patient - but they are certainly beginning to test my patience.

I ordered a Classic Edge on 12/8, I received the stock on 3/16 - I had ordered a Magnum inlet & ADL bottom metal, they sent a BDL Sporter. I returned the stock to them on 3/19 at which time it was reordered. As of today I'm still waiting for the replacement to arrive. I emailed twice just to get a ballpark of when to expect the replacement since this is for a custom build and I wanted to let the smith know when I'd be ready - no response from anyone. Which I tend to think from a Customer Serice standpoint isn't that great.

So it goes, not the end of the world but I had hoped to have this rifle with me this year on my antelope hunt in Wyoming.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 06/22/12.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Every McMillan I have ordered took 6+ months. I ordered a Ruger stock once, took over 6 months, when I got it, it had the wrong fill, wrong LOP, and the channel was crooked. I was not happy.

That being said, they still offer the best stock for most situations, so what are you going to do? Best to just order and forget about it.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
CAME TODAY! 1st Non-proprietary Model 7 KS stock (Edge fill) � � pad, blind mag., ADL T/G, Olive drab color. Ordered in Feb and arrived today, 6/25/12. Maybe a couple of days under 4 months! True to their word!
Now I have to decide what I�ll put in it.

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Show off! frown

smile

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,419
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.