Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by pal
Good on the Ron Paul supporters for their efforts.
Yeah, you'd think some of our "conservatives" here at the Fire would welcome a shakedown of the party system at the local level, tossing out the RINOs. Puzzling.

That would be the doing of the Tea Party, not Ron Paul.

So vote fer Rush Limbaugh.

A fat retarded windbag is who you deserve for a President.

The Idiocracy has arrived.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I don't think he, or Ron Paul, will be on the November ballot. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It's kinda like here. If you have strong disagreements with the sorry state of the GOP & those who support it's current idiocy you're automatically labeled a RP supporter, anarchist or insane.

The current GOP will not die quietly, it will be loud, ugly & may give obama another chance, depending on how sharp their RINO horns get at the convention. Ron Paul will not win anything, but a fair portion of his mindset & idea of a smaller, less crushing government will continue to confound the RINOs.

The wailing of the McCain/Graham/Hatch types will be like sweet music, as it's been for the last couple of primaries when their pals have been getting gutted. Other than the current POTUS debacle, of course. Hope the current nominee reads, and heeds, the Tea leaves. smile

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

And you're carrying the banner!

What does Rush have to do with the Tea Party? crazy

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But Ron Paul isn't running any more! wink

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He couldn't even 'take over' a primary.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
I don't know whats the point of this. Does anyone think they will win any elections if somehow RP wins the nomination?
laugh The vid has nothing to do with that. I guess you didn't watch it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by pal
Good on the Ron Paul supporters for their efforts.
Yeah, you'd think some of our "conservatives" here at the Fire would welcome a shakedown of the party system at the local level, tossing out the RINOs. Puzzling.

That would be the doing of the Tea Party, not Ron Paul.

only in your make believe world Bristoe laugh

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fox News won't cover anything from a positive angle regarding Ron Paul.

I bet they do if he ever comes up with anything positive to say. Cutting our military, legalizing pot and dumping Israel just are not positive agendas.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

I bet they do if he ever comes up with anything positive to say. Cutting our military, legalizing pot and dumping Israel just are not positive agendas.

Sounds good to me. All three should happen.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
He couldn't even 'take over' a primary in his own state!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ron Paul got the movement started and educated alot of people. That will be his legacy. It doesn't matter if he didn't win schit, he's done his part.

Whether or not it takes hold in the future is the real question. I hope it does, but it really looks like we're headed towards a European type existence.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ron Paul's foreign policy is what took him down.

Maybe in 2016, but not in 2012.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Plinker
Yeah, the empire has really been wonderful for the United States, has't it?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ron Paul's foreign policy is what took him down...

Big money and voter apathy took him down.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Ron Paul supporters are taking over the Republican Party?

Really??? Hmmm...

I guess all those folks who voted in the Republican primaries didn't the the memo. Um..yeahh...that would be the same Republican primaries that he couldn't win a single little itty bitty state in, not even a caucus state.

So I guess this means he's gonna be the Republican nominee then, right? We'll look forward to hearing all about that after the convention. By the way, did any of y'all tell Romney yet? I'm feelin' he didn't get the memo, either.

We'll all look forward to seeing Paul campaign against Obama this fall! Should be a helluva show! Hey! Maybe he'll take his son for Vice President! Then y'all will get 2 Pauls for the price of one!!! Sweet!!!

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Maybe in 2016, but not in 2012.

Yep. His foreign policy and national security policies were so far off the wall that even those who might have yearned for some of his fiscal policies had to walk away.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can see a lot worse things than Ron Paul taking over the Republican party. Like the big business and bankers taking it back. If they ever really lost it. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
taking over? There are only a handful of rabid PaulBots. They could not take over a frigging hot dog stand.

LOL and now as another famous Paul used to say "and thats the rest of the story".

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

I concur those are not positive agendas they are negative but albeit necessary agendas.

We flat out don't have the money not to cut the military, continue the war on drugs that includes cannabis nor give foreign aid to Israel or a host of other countries.

we're broke, busted, tapped out all thanks to politicians that we've voted for during the last 40 years.

you'll have to remove zeros so it won't read "error" but your home ten key will show you the truth, if you can handle the truth (sorry Jack Nicholson)

a balanced budget won't do diddly squat at this point and they've yet to submit a balanced budget that's been approved.

we have to raise revenue and cut spending, legalizing and taxing cannabis would bring a chit load of revenue to the gov't, look at the sin tax on tobacco and alcohol, the gov't needs the money and it's about the only way you'll get the bottom feeders to contribute by taxing their sins. Defense has to be cut, along with social programs, there'll be a lot of folks that suffer for such and many will turn to some form of escapism drug to alter their reality. Less dangers come from the abuse of cannabis than alcohol or perhaps even tobacco. And Israel bless their hearts aren't sitting on oil, just near it, so most of the rest of the players globally have sided with the Muslims, cause they control the oil, if they didn't I'd say China and Russia would care less about them, but they seem to be pretty pragmatic in their world views and alliances. China nor Russia wants us to go down.....yet, it would take their economies down as well. But they are making every conceivable effort it seems to diversify from the US$ even though for now it remains the world's reserve currency.

No the things Paul proposes aren't positives at all, they're a major bummer for us and many of our allies.

and the big question mark remains the value of derivatives and swaps held by the major banks of the world, especially the giant banks in the US and a few other global players.

true corporate America is sitting on capital, and I believe if Romney is elected they will start to invest some of that capital if they believe there will be a business environment that has a better than even odds to have a return on that capital. Providing Mitt is able to push his agendas through both houses.

Mitt is a smart guy, with business savy, he'll be good for big biz and hopefully small biz too, he won't be a champion of personal freedoms like some of us would desire, but he has a chance to start righting the ship and I believe he has the knowledge to do so. Our current occupant never having held a real job and only serving one term as a junior senator has become painfully obvious that despite his degrees, is in way over his head both domestically and internationally.

but first Romeny has to be elected, and I don't think it's a given he will be, but I hope he wins in a landslide.

even if he is elected it may be too little too late, but I hold out hope that with help he can avoid what seems to be inevitable, a huge deflationary environment to come, where there will have to be lots of negatives addressed on both a national level and in many households across America.

not much positive at all about Paul's message, it's so vastly different than the way we've lived for most of us during our entire life. But our debt per capita is a good deal larger than Greece's and we're a much bigger player in the world economy.

just analyzing the numbers it doesn't look good indeed, but hey it's why we play the game, you don't know the end result no matter what it says on paper till all 4 quarters are played.

Here's hoping Mitt gets elected and he ends up being a far greater President than any we've had in a long time.

he'll have to be if our way of life continues as we've known it without major upheaval.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,529
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.